General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Fit is rated the best sub-compact in the US per J.D. Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by Krisisfit
hi guys ! im new here and i just got my honda fit 2 weeks ago ! im inlove with it !
Hey there! I got my 2011 Fit Sport back in April, 2011. I'm loving it too! My first tank of gas I got 28 MPG. I started to watch the little "real time" fuel meter and realized I burn most of my fuel on start ups from a complete stop. After that I stared to accelerate slowly from a stop and coast to a stop when I see one coming. After that, I was getting 36 to 38 MPG! After I ran up 5,000 miles on my Fit I started getting 42 MPH consistently! My best is 43.6 MPG, but I've only got that rarely.

Tip: don't change your engine oil tell the oil life meter tells you to do so. The factory oil has something in it to help the engine break-in properly. I'm at 6,650 miles on my Fit as of today and my oil life is at 10% on the original factory oil, I'm going to wait for it to go to about 5% or a little less and then I'm putting Mobil One Synthetic in it. My Fit should be well broke-in and ready for the synthetic oil at that point.

Also: if you're into getting the best MPG and want to know, with accurateness, the mileage; don't rely on the trip computer to give you an accurate reading for the MPG. It's usually off by as much as 1.5 MPG (+ or -). I do the math every time I fill up (take the miles on the tank and divide by the gallons put in at fill up = your mileage). 354 miles divided by 8.360 gallons = 42.34 MPG. That was my last fill up on March 1st and I still have half a tank of fuel left! Yeah, nice!!

Hope I didn't bore you too much with all that. Aloha

Old 04-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Yaris

Now one or maybe more, Might have a problem with the toyota. But I'll write this about the car I was driving one late afternoon when I saw this grey thing with two huge circlar Lights posted on the front grille. The car looked like it was going to the sand dunes.

It reminded me of the VW dune buggy, I turned right and nodded to the driver, he knew, it looked pretty radiculous, kinda cool though. Turned out it was a 2 door Yaris.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 AM
The Fit fully deserves the title when you combine the total package! Other Small cars shine in certain areas, but the Fit to me is the total package. I owned a Yaris when it first came out and it wasn't a horrible car, but not even close to the Fit.