General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

coming over from the Subaru World.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
coming over from the Subaru World.

Hi all! I put a deposit down on a 08 Fit Sport today. Vivid Blue, 5 speed. Exactly what I wanted with the manufacturer rebate. I personally like the styling of the 08's more than the 09's, so I'm fine with the timing of the purchase.

I look forward to being a part of this community. I was pretty active on NASIOC.com and it'll likely be the same here. If there are meets I can photograph them.

Here's a pic of my old car:

Tuesday was a sad day when I let it go as I had invested a lot of time and money in it, but it's time to go down a new path in life that requires "smarter" choices. Less than half the insurance costs, $8,000 on top of a brand new car, and 10-15 mpg better on unleaded makes things a BIT easier.

Having less than 1/3rd the horsepower will still take some getting used to though. It's a good thing the Fit is so fun to drive otherwise. I'm already itching for HFP wheels, sways, and a short-shifter, but I'm going to do my best to resist the urge. Afterall, I won't even own the car until tomorrow, or maybe Saturday.

that's enough for now!

- Brendan

Last edited by bokeh; 06-20-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to Fit land. Sorry you had to let the Sub go. Hopefully she found a good owner and a good home.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bokeh
I look forward to being a part of this community. I was pretty active on NASIOC.com and it'll likely be the same here. If there are meets I can photograph them.

Tuesday was a sad day when I let it go as I had invested a lot of time and money in it, but it's time to go down a new path in life that requires "smarter" choices. Less than half the insurance costs, $8,000 on top of a brand new car, and 10-15 mpg better on unleaded makes things a BIT easier.
Welcome! I'm also an ex-Scooby owner, and am still pretty active on NASIOC and other Subaru forums. I also photograph cars. And I have an 08 Sport 5MT. And it's VBP. What the hell's going on here?! LOL

Anyway, you're gonna love it and yes, it takes some getting used to having so little power. I think it's made me a much more humble driver than when I had my WRX and STI, or at least that's what I tell myself.

Having less than 1/3rd the horsepower will still take some getting used to though. It's a good thing the Fit is so fun to drive otherwise. I'm already itching for HPV wheels, sways, and a short-shifter, but I'm going to do my best to resist the urge. Afterall, I won't even own the car until tomorrow, or maybe Saturday.
Don't bother trying... the mod bug will bite you pretty quickly, power be damned.

-Mike

Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that.. I lost my 03 G35 coupe for the love of MPG.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
welcome. i had a 02wrx when it first came out long time ago.
sold it long time ago too, when i bought my G35C 4yrs ago.

i dont miss my wrx, actually, you might miss your STI (is it?).
the Fit sport is like driving slow motion vs my G but it is definitely
fun to drive. more so than the wrx i had long time ago. i would
even stretch to say as fun as driving the Gen5 prelude i had
10yrs ago... nnnn... maybe a stretch.

Fit feels quick, gear ratio's very good, nice shifter, and ample
power to have fun. its fun to drive a slow car fast, that's for sure.
it keeps you on your toes.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
welcome, and good luck fighting the urge. you're gonna need it haha.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
welcome to fit freak!!! I know how it feels lol! lost my 07 325i for the fit too..

Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to see that others have made huge steps down in HP to the Fit. I have no worries about living with this car though - I absolutely love driving it.

I plan on doing GF210's - I had them on my Subaru. Possibly spacers after I do some serious reading on it. Floor mats of course. I'll tint my own windows, as this much glass equals $$$. I'm going to spray the fender wells with this bedliner like material my father raves about. I don't like seeing the body color in there, plus it'll protect from corrosion. Some form of DIY intake is in the works too.

Here are two pictures. I'm sure you guys have seen dozens and dozens of pictures of stock Fits so you're tired of that, so I spiced it up with some lighting.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to Fitfreak and congrats on your new Fit. I went thru the same process as you. I sold my 04 Subby Wrx and bought the Fit. Lots of people called it a major downgrade but for me I havnt seen it that way. I love my Fit and I havnt regret it one bit. Btw great pics you have there.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:50 AM
those are some nice shots. what camera are you using?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
nice!!! welcome man.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by methodbasic
those are some nice shots. what camera are you using?
Rebel XTi with a Tamron 17-50 2.8

With some of the money left over from the Subaru I'm picking up a 70-200 2.8 IS. Preferably in the next few days before leaving the country. Candid street shots in England.

The exterior shot was lit with two speedlites off camera, the interior shot with only one outside the door.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
Nice work!

Rebel XTi with a Tamron 17-50 2.8

With some of the money left over from the Subaru I'm picking up a 70-200 2.8 IS.

The exterior shot was lit with two speedlites off camera, the interior shot with only one outside the door.
Very nice work there. Creative use of Speedlites, too. In the exterior shot, I thought I saw a reflection of a large softbox, but I guess it's just the shape of the body panels!
I have that Tamron 17-50 2.8 also; it's my all-around, never-know-when-you-might-see-a-unicorn lens. Very handy and sharp. And I have a 70-200 2.8, but it's the Sigma, not stabilized. Hard to justify the price difference in my world, and it's a good lens for sports and portrait compression.

You will love the way the Fit makes room for all your cameras and lights and gadgets and stands and backgrounds and other assorted junk. It's even handier than that Tamron 17-50.

Anyhow, welcome to the Vivid Blue Photographers' Club! You're a talented shooter.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
Wlcome to th Club! Where u from? Subaru looks somewat familiar...ever heard of LISC? Anyway, great shots! You can photoshoot my car anytime - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-56k-lose.html

Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i would
even stretch to say as fun as driving the Gen5 prelude
I agree with this statement. Welcome to the Fit world.

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 06-22-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
welcome to FF
you are a great photographer

Old 06-22-2008, 05:21 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
*wave* STi owner here, lucky enough to be able to keep that car while getting a new Fit. I call the Fit my 'ultimate STi accessory'.

The Fit is a very sprightly car with very good handling; it's a lot of fun to drive right out of the box. Pump up those tires to 45+ pounds and toss it around for a while before committing to any major changes.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit family! Your car looks great and can't wait to hear and see the mods as they happen and yes they will happen! With the Fit we just can't help ourselves! You did a great job with the pictures hope there will be more in the future.

Cat

Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
You're not the Bokeh that posts over on 8thCivic are you?

Old 06-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the club. I spent a good 2 years on NASIOC.com and I just never really got engaged on it. I never found the site much of a community. This site seems a lot friendlier.

Quick Reply: coming over from the Subaru World.