General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

coming over from the Subaru World.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:09 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y2ks2k
I spent a good 2 years on NASIOC.com and I just never really got engaged on it. I never found the site much of a community.
I heartily recommend IWSTI.com to STi owners. Much friendlier environment, far fewer yahoos, much higher S/N ratio. (full disclosure: I'm a moderator there )

Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Very nice work there. Creative use of Speedlites, too. In the exterior shot, I thought I saw a reflection of a large softbox, but I guess it's just the shape of the body panels!
I have that Tamron 17-50 2.8 also; it's my all-around, never-know-when-you-might-see-a-unicorn lens. Very handy and sharp. And I have a 70-200 2.8, but it's the Sigma, not stabilized. Hard to justify the price difference in my world, and it's a good lens for sports and portrait compression.

You will love the way the Fit makes room for all your cameras and lights and gadgets and stands and backgrounds and other assorted junk. It's even handier than that Tamron 17-50.

Anyhow, welcome to the Vivid Blue Photographers' Club! You're a talented shooter.

Thank you for the kind words, (this goes to all the rest of you as well)

You're correct in assuming soft light. I shot through a soft-white umbrella. The bare speedlite was nearby, but snooted and pointed directly at the wheel. Both lights had a CTO gel on them to achieve the warmth matching the sky. In the first shot I metered for the sky, but in the end pulled the curve down in PP as evident by my somewhat sloppy selection around the tree tops.

Originally I wanted to get a 35 1.4L for my trip, but they're IMPOSSIBLE to find right now. I will eventually get one cause you can't always shoot with strobes.

Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
Wlcome to th Club! Where u from? Subaru looks somewat familiar...ever heard of LISC? Anyway, great shots! You can photoshoot my car anytime - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-56k-lose.html
Never heard of LISC. The STi was just a basic bolt-on car, so nothing spectacular. The only unique aspect of it was that it had a 07 WRX trunk. Most people go fully wingless - I however, couldn't find one for the life of me. I can do photoshoots for people, so long as it's in the same general area

Originally Posted by wdb
*wave* STi owner here, lucky enough to be able to keep that car while getting a new Fit. I call the Fit my 'ultimate STi accessory'.

The Fit is a very sprightly car with very good handling; it's a lot of fun to drive right out of the box. Pump up those tires to 45+ pounds and toss it around for a while before committing to any major changes.
Does this make the car a little more responsive? I would only do this with the Subaru when I was trying to get better fuel economy. I know there is no risk in over-inflating whats recommended on the door jam, but will the tire wear the same?

Originally Posted by Arisenfury
You're not the Bokeh that posts over on 8thCivic are you?
Nope. Bokeh means blur in Japanese, I believe. It's used to describe out of focus blur in photography.

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Welcome to the club. I spent a good 2 years on NASIOC.com and I just never really got engaged on it. I never found the site much of a community. This site seems a lot friendlier.
That was sort of the case with me too. It was just too big and because of that anonymity a lot fell into the e-thug pattern. I never had a bad experience though.

Originally Posted by wdb
I heartily recommend IWSTI.com to STi owners. Much friendlier environment, far fewer yahoos, much higher S/N ratio. (full disclosure: I'm a moderator there )
Nice! I do have an account there, but I used it mainly to browse the regional classifieds. What's up with the stigma between the two sites? Most NASIOCers didn't have much good to say about IWSTI.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bokeh
Nope. Bokeh means blur in Japanese, I believe. It's used to describe out of focus blur in photography.
Yeah I'm aware, however there is another guy who goes by Bokeh on the 8thCivic forums who is also big into photography. Just must be a coincidence .

Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Yeah I'm aware, however there is another guy who goes by Bokeh on the 8thCivic forums who is also big into photography. Just must be a coincidence .
Ahh, coincidence then. Assumed most didn't know what it meant - I apologize.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Nice... 70-200 2.8L IS is my next lens, too.

NASIOC is my Subaru home. Have made too many good friends in the regionals. There are a lot of monkeys, but some of the sharpest and most knowledgable folks are on there, too.

Anyway, welcome, and have fun.

-Mike

Old 06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh, coincidence then. Assumed most didn't know what it meant - I apologize.
No need to appologize, we were just on different wave lengths with what we were talking about. Glad to have you over on the Fit side !

Old 06-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Wow, those are some great shots. Welcome to the forum;

Does this make the car a little more responsive? I would only do this with the Subaru when I was trying to get better fuel economy. I know there is no risk in over-inflating whats recommended on the door jam, but will the tire wear the same?
45psi haha, thrown right into the massive debate between hypermilers and advocators of safety right away I see.

Unless your a nut about getting an extra 1 mpg (maybe) I would suggest using 32psi (Honda reccomended) to maybe 34psi for daily driving. Running reccomended PSI will give you great mileage regardless.

I find for autocross 38-40psi is the sweet spot for tire responce and handeling, but your Fit's ability to stop will take a beating if you use that pressure so I don't encourage people to use it on pulbic roads. More than 42psi and I find the handeling goes to sh!t exponetially.

There is tons of info on the eco threads for both sides if you want to check it out.

Cheers!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm also coming from a Subaru (sort of). We had a 2002 Impreza Outback Sport, which was originally my car, til it was commandeered by my wife.
We recently got rid of it with 130,000 mi on it and got another Subaru (Forester) for her.

Then the tranny went out on the car I was driving (2001 Hyundai Tiburon) and I got the new Fit.

The Fit drives very similar to the Impreza, if not even a little tighter. The mileage and maintenance requirements for the Fit are much better, and really so is the interior room. The only real advantage to the Subi would be AWD in the winter, which is why we bought another one (she REALLY insisted on AWD - especially because we have a cabin in N. Wisconsin).

Subarus are cool cars, but they have some odd quirks, and fairly heavy scheduled maintenance requirements. They also tend to be somewhat devoid of convenience features compared to others in their class. Still overall we were happy enough with it to buy another, but in hindsight, I think maybe we should have gone with a CRV.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
thats pin-bokeh if used for photography. bokeh means airhead in japanese.

and saiko is a girl's name. we all know that except saiko.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:02 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
What's up with the stigma between the two sites? Most NASIOCers didn't have much good to say about IWSTI.
We don't let them come on IWSTI and make asses of themselves.

IWSTI is a much friendlier and more civilized place than the nabisco monkey house.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
I came from an 02 WRX sportwagon. I don't miss the scooby, except for the turbo oomph, and a more relaxed freeway cruise(both ride and steering were softer/slower) I love the mileage, and the handling of the Fit stock, but the progress rear swaybar made things much better, without messing with the ride. When you flog the Fit, it at least can get out of it's own way pretty well.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to Fitfreak!
Your pics are great. I can see a great picture trail on the pics and vids board.
And how can you possibly resist the mod bug? I have the ones listed in my sig, and if money weren't an issue, I'd have the HKS turbo kit bolted on by now.

Lowering and rims are my next mods, but they'll probably have to wait until next year.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Congrats on the Fit dude!

Wow! So many former Scoob owners now own fits! It makes me feel a bit better that I won't regret my decision to give mine up. I still have my 04 Scoob and have been lurking here for a bit.

I have been a part of club wrx.net, nasioc, SQC-NY and LISC.

When you spend some time with your fit, let me know if you miss anything about your Scoob that the fit is lacking.

~myke