General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: How did you buy your fit?
Brand spanking new off the dealership lot
96.30%
Used and abused
3.70%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

How did you get your fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM
How did you get your fit?

Just curious, how did you guys buy your fit?

Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Im pretty sure most people bought brand new.

Tyler

Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, im just curious to see if there's even a USED market for Fits.. which I highly doubt.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
I had the option to buy a used one, it was the middle trim (we get three in Canada) and only $2100 less then a brand new sport, and it wasn't the color I wanted.
That and with different financing rates on used vs new that car was actually going to cost me $60/month more over the same period of time for the sport I got, so it was a no brainer to just buy new.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
i had the option to buy used but it doesn't make any sense because the used ones cost the same as the new ones..

Old 06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
not used!

I checked out Kelly blue book and Fits hold their value so well you'd be an idiot to buy used. I drove an 87 integra beater till I saved up the $16,000 and bought the car with cash (certified check).

Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
If this link does not work, I just searched Carmax for fit's and it found 5 total . They all seem to be priced above MSRP. WTF

Search results at carmax.com

Like this '08 base fit with 16,000 miles for $17k Crap I paid $15,625 brand new in Feb for a brand new Sport. Grant it it's a AT but wow what a rip

CarMax Car Detail

Last edited by pcs0snq; 06-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by feddup
I checked out Kelly blue book and Fits hold their value so well you'd be an idiot to buy used...
The used (21,000 miles) Fit Sport AT that I bought six weeks ago for $13,500 retails for $16,815 according to Kelly Blue Book. Call me an idiot if you want to, but $3,300 ain't exactly chump change.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
brand spanking new off the truck son!!!!!!

had ZERO miles on it.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
brand spanking new off the truck son!!!!!!

had ZERO miles on it.
wut?? thats like impossible, it had to at least have 0.4 miles or something cus of PDI

mine had 8 when i got it

Old 06-19-2008, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Five finger discount!!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
brand new, twice....

Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by mdm427
The used (21,000 miles) Fit Sport AT that I bought six weeks ago for $13,500 retails for $16,815 according to Kelly Blue Book. Call me an idiot if you want to, but $3,300 ain't exactly chump change.
Err.... that cant be right because MSRP is $16,705.... and most dealerships sell @ or slightly below MSRP right now

Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by rpboy06
Err.... that cant be right because MSRP is $16,705.... and most dealerships sell @ or slightly below MSRP right now
2007 Fit Sport AT with 21,000 miles in excellent condition.

It's been said that Edmunds True Market Value pricing report is a more accurate gauge as far as real world pricing goes. They quoted $14,800, and then the value goes up from there when you type in the mileage, color, and condition. Edmunds TMV report. But I digress. My point wasn't really about value guide pricing, it was that you can find a good deal on a used Fit regardless of what the price guides say, or at least you could six weeks ago when I bought mine.

I don't think a used Fit, or any used car for that matter, should sell for the same price as a new one. I only used Kelly's because feddup suggested one would have to be an idiot to buy a used Fit because of what KBB says a used Fit retails for. I was just comparing KBB's price to what I actually paid in the real world. Comparing what I paid to the MSRP, I saved about 20% by buying used. If the car is in excellent condition, and the mileage isn't excessive, I think that kind of savings makes it worth buying used. Well, that and the fact that I got an orange car!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaFitted2007
wut?? thats like impossible, it had to at least have 0.4 miles or something cus of PDI

mine had 8 when i got it

not even .1 seriously. the truck was by the checking station they just rolled it back off the truck, (car not even on) and then ripped the plastic shield thingys off and then the lube techs check and filled the fluids. (shitty job). i told them not to wash it, because i dont like those brushes they use. they drove it around the corner and wala! it was mine. i was so tired and anxious that we did a super quick run threw and i was out. i was negotiating for 3 hours.

i was bitching to them that i didnt want ANY miles on the car unless it was from me. even if it had 8 miles i would have been yapping away. because withing those 8 miles....you know those dudes be driving hard. my buddies are lube techs and they drive the shit out of new cars.

Last edited by SD_MR_FIT; 06-19-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM
sorry

I don't think a used Fit, or any used car for that matter, should sell for the same price as a new one. I only used Kelly's because feddup suggested one would have to be an idiot to buy a used Fit because of what KBB says a used Fit retails for. I was just comparing KBB's price to what I actually paid in the real world. Comparing what I paid to the MSRP, I saved about 20% by buying used. If the car is in excellent condition, and the mileage isn't excessive, I think that kind of savings makes it worth buying used. Well, that and the fact that I got an orange car!
Sorry about the "idiot" comment. As of September of last year there were no 07s used or new to be had in Kansas City PERIOD! I wanted an MT which only 1/6th were being made in and I decided I wanted to try this new color that was unheard of at the time (blackberry pearl). I really had no choice but to order it which, of course, means new. I had also had bad experiences looking at used Hondas that people had tweaked, modded or somehow done stuff that, in my opinion, degraded the value of the vehicle. I felt new (mine had 4 miles) was the safest option. If you got on for 13XXX than you got a deal. I have yet to see a single used unit in the KC star or craiglist in KC. Used or new the Fit is an excellent investment as cars go. Cars are almost always a crappy investment. As gas prices continue to go up, which they will, the worthiness of the Fit as an investment will become clearer and clearer. The Fit has faults, without a doubt, just less than most other cars.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Went to the dealer and picked one out.
Done and done!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by feddup
Sorry about the "idiot" comment... The Fit has faults, without a doubt, just less than most other cars.
No apologies necessary. I know you were speaking in general terms, and it wasn't directed at any one person.
I know what you mean about the faults. The seats have absolutely no lumbar support. I'm about to fix that with the installation of a four way electric lumbar unit. The Fit seats actually lend themselves quite well to the unit I purchased. Should be a pretty easy installation.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:44 PM
lumbar?

The seats have absolutely no lumbar support. I'm about to fix that with the installation of a four way electric lumbar unit. The Fit seats actually lend themselves quite well to the unit I purchased. Should be a pretty easy installation.
New seats or an addition to the fit's stock seats? I actually have come to terms with the fits marginal lumbar support. I've seen worse but it could be better! The "smart" seats and airbags, to me, make seat replacement out of the question. Recaro used to make an "A" seat which some police used and could be had for about $300. I'm showing my age. When I checked Recaros out recently it seemed like a thousand apiece was the cheapest you could get off (seat and mounting bracket).

Old 06-19-2008, 01:05 PM
It's an addition to the stock seats.
4-way lumbar unit
What I received actually looks a little different than what is pictured. The quality seems to be ok, not top notch, but not crappy either. I've already opened up the seat back (it just unzips) and it looks like it will fit in there with little trouble.

Quick Reply: How did you get your fit?