General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Little Panda in a muddle over colours

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 05:34 AM
Unhappy Little Panda in a muddle over colours

Im soon to be getting a new honda and all that remains is to choose a colour so i need some advise...

The first time i saw a Jazz and fell in love wit it was when i saw the Iris Red option (pink) but have been informed that they stopped producing the jazz in this colour some time ago! I was heartbroken to find this out as you can imagine! My only option in obtaining a car this colour is now to go second hand which im not too keen on!

So i need some sensible suggestions on wht to do! I was going to tint the windows purple in the Iris Red (pink/purple really) Soooo confused!

Still very much in love wit the Iris Red! Help..... Xx

Last edited by Little Panda; 08-29-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:44 AM
I always loved the Red Jazz, and my favorite is the Milano Red (R-81) colour. Thats the same colour my Integra Type R was, so Im guessing thats why.

If I had a little girl, Id give her a Candy Pink Jazz for her 18th birthday tho

Old 08-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Unhappy Colour Prob

Thank you! Yea i think the red is very eye catching but not really wht i see myself driving. The Iris Red (pink) honda is...i think you'll agree VERY pretty! I always thought it looked like a big fat pink marshmallow! lol! But do i go second hand just to get my pink car?

Any suggestions welcome

Sad and Confused Little Panda Xx

Old 08-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Someone that Posts too much
The red fades badly in Australia but it might last better in a less harsh climate.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Smile Fading

Thanx, I don't see any car in the UK fading at all any time soon! lol! Good point tho! I have looked at the blue metallic and that is quite nice also! Does anyone have pics of all the colours available for the honda jazz so i compare them? All the honda dealers seem to hav are drawings online that you press buttons and the colour changes!

Little Panda Xx

Old 08-30-2005, 06:25 AM
Red face Colours

Hi Lori, Your colour dilema is mine too. I've just been told by a dealer in Mexico that the Fit will only come in white, black,silver,magnesium and red. I have been really disappointed and was thinking that red would be the only one i could possible live with but now going to your colour thread, i see that red fades which would be horrid in Mexico. My son in law tells me that I could order any colour at an extra cost and of course it would take time to come in. I've written the dealer to ask about this. I was hoping for a lovely blue colour but would go for either yellow or mauve too as long as it were pastel and easy to keep clean. Apparently white is hard to see in traffic which surprises me but it's enough to keep me away from it. I'll write about Mexico after your last e-mail to me. Annie

Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Someone that Posts too much
I have the darker vivid blue but the lighter sirius blue is closer to a pastel.

The (vibe) premium yellow certainly won't fail to be seen in traffic.

My wife really likes the ires red pearl (pink) that is available in Malaysia but not Australia. http://asia.vtec.net/article/NewJazz1/index.html

Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Colours

Thanks, yes...they sound lovely and availability is going to be the key.
Annie

Old 08-30-2005, 11:07 AM
mav
white with red interior

Old 08-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Unhappy Colours

Its such a hassle trying to get a car that you like ALSO in a colour you like or atleast can live with! Despite wht my dad says 'all women think abt is the colour and how easy it is to clean!' i think both are VERY important issues!

You need to be able to maintain the car at some standard which is presentable and also if you really think abt it you are not likely to look after a car as much if you simply hate the colour!!! (well i know honestly i wouldn't) lol!

I am going towards the used car market coz im going to work on my car and modify it following the designs i have drawn up, so will probably end up getting the storm silver colour, even tho i have my heart set on a pink one!

Is it possible to get a pink one imported from malaysia???? I kno it might not seem such i big deal to some but its really important to me as my designs were for the pink one, now i guess its back to the drawing board!?

I found one online yesterday but it had already been sold! Think i'm going to have to go for the silver then when i've had it a while an its a bit stone chipped i'll respray it for a change instead of getting a new car!!! You must make the best out of what you have i suppose & the storm silver does look attractive in both winter and summer light!

So they don't do the vivid blue pearl where you are getting yours from in Brazil??? Thanx for the link Vivid!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:23 AM
mav
That sucks that they don't make the car in the color that you want. My fiancee is having the same problem with the Mini Cooper S. She loves Electric Blue but Mini USA doesn't offer the Cooper S in that color for 2006.

Getting the right color is important. If you don't get the color of your choice and settle for whatever, you may end up hating the car after a while.

When I ordered my S2000, I specifically wanted it in Grand Prix White / Red only. I waited 3 months for it and passed up other colors that the dealer offered me.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Smile Exactly

Yea you either gotta make the best outta a situation or wait and wait until you get wht you wanted in the first place!

Old 08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Colours

I am going towards the used car market coz im going to work on my car and modify it following the designs i have drawn up, so will probably end up getting the storm silver colour, even tho i have my heart set on a pink one!
Good for you!

So they don't do the vivid blue pearl where you are getting yours from in Brazil??? Thanx for the link Vivid! [/QUOTE]
Not on their regular colour chart but I've finally found a number to the Brazil factory from Honda central in the U.K. and am going to call them and see if you can order a specialty colour. Of course, I'm another woman and young or old...we all care about colour!

Old 08-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Smile

I think its sooooo funny we are having the same conversation over 3 different threads!!! lol! However it is an important matter!

Old 05-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Little Panda
Thank you! Yea i think the red is very eye catching but not really wht i see myself driving. The Iris Red (pink) honda is...i think you'll agree VERY pretty! I always thought it looked like a big fat pink marshmallow! lol! But do i go second hand just to get my pink car?

Any suggestions welcome

Sad and Confused Little Panda Xx
Little Panda, you is Orange, Blaze Orange, a few yellow and red tints away from
the pink you loved, For you, It's the color.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Annie Stirling
Hi Lori, Your colour dilema is mine too. I've just been told by a dealer in Mexico that the Fit will only come in white, black,silver,magnesium and red. I have been really disappointed and was thinking that red would be the only one i could possible live with but now going to your colour thread, i see that red fades which would be horrid in Mexico. My son in law tells me that I could order any colour at an extra cost and of course it would take time to come in. I've written the dealer to ask about this. I was hoping for a lovely blue colour but would go for either yellow or mauve too as long as it were pastel and easy to keep clean. Apparently white is hard to see in traffic which surprises me but it's enough to keep me away from it. I'll write about Mexico after your last e-mail to me. Annie
I heard Blue is an accident waiting to happen, my buddy has a bright blue chevy, been hit 4X, finally totalled

Old 05-28-2006, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
This may be an expensive solution but order a light color, go to the auto body shop and have the car painted in your color.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Oooh, that pink one in the link provided is really stunning, isn't it?? I like that almost as much as my Blaze Orange Metallic! Good luck getting a color you will love, Little Panda!

Old 05-29-2006, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Way to bump a thread from 9 months ago guys.
How you ever found the thread in the first place is beyond me

Old 05-29-2006, 02:54 PM
lol, I didn't even notice that!

Quick Reply: Little Panda in a muddle over colours