General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Thinking about buying a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Thinking about buying a Fit

Hello everyone!

How's it going?

So my girlfriend and I are thinking about purchasing a Fit for a commuter. I looked around a bit and couldn't find what people are paying for Fits.

We don't want anything fancy. All I really care to have are: power options (windows, locks, etc.) fog lights, and CD. That's about it!

Anyone in the SoCAL area get any good deals? Which dealership?

What did you pay for your Fit after TTL?

Old 06-13-2008, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
I went to Fladeboe Honda in Irvine and got my AT Sport with Wheel Locks and Trunk Tray for $16,122 + tax. Ask to speak to April with the internet department.

Riverside Honda quoted me for $15,882 with trunk tray and wheel locks also, but they didn't have Silver and I needed the car that day, so I went to Irvine and paid the extra $300. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
people pretty much paid around 16 for them. if you are in the market and are in the so-cal area, jdmchris works at Rock Honda and may have what you are looking for.

find him under members and shoot him a pm!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:42 PM
So around 19 or 20 k after TTL ... hmmm

Old 06-13-2008, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
^ no that's to high.
It should be 17xxx to 18xxx out the door.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I just got a call from a dealership. They have a base fit with power options + AC, CD.

I was told about 1300 over invoice.... Is this what people are paying?

Old 06-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Fitting
^ no that's to high.
It should be 17xxx to 18xxx out the door.
That's INSANE for that car! You can get a nice 4 cyl sedan mid-size sedan for that price that gets almost as good mileage. I just test drove a Fit...the base model. It comes with power everything just smaller wheels/tires and no spoiler and has wheel covers.
It was a nice enough little econobox but a base with an automatic is $15K before tax/title. And Honda doesn't seem to deal on them.
Sorry but the base fit felt to me like $13K out-the-door everything included car. I can't believe people pay $17K OTD for a Fit. You gotta be a die hard Honda fan. For that money, I'd take a Mazda 3i touring in a heartbeat. I test drove that and it drives like a mini-BMW but no hatchback in the less expensive 2.0 version. Yeah Honda resale is good but man that thing seems overpriced. But to each his own. At least the '09 will have more hp and more room.

Last edited by skater69; 06-13-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM
i agree. I do feel this car is slightly over price currently. The demand on these vehicles is going up.

I'm looking to get what at around 15k OTD. Luckily im in the situation where I dont "need" this car. This is strictly a commuter and is not a must have. I may also look into the Civic coupe

Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
It's all about demand. With gas being what it's, new Fit coming out, and this model of Fit being in production for only 2 years it's tough to get a super deal. Maybe a few months ago you could get it for less but now it's in to much demand. When I bought mine the dealer was willing to give me a killer apr on a CIvic since they have a more of them.
Even with the demand don't pay over msrp. Hell I paid a little under msrp.
Yes, there're other cars in this price range. If you want it then buy it.
I could have kept my old car but wanted something new. In the end you've to do the math to see if it's worth it and go for the test drive to see if it's for you.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by ONEDVSMOFO
i agree. I do feel this car is slightly over price currently. The demand on these vehicles is going up.

I'm looking to get what at around 15k OTD. Luckily im in the situation where I dont "need" this car. This is strictly a commuter and is not a must have. I may also look into the Civic coupe
If you're looking for bang for the buck or 15K OTD new....I'd suggest not even considering a Honda honestly unless you go used. Honda makes great cars but the prices are bloated and compared to the Japanese and Korean competition these days, they don't stand out nearly as much as in the past.

I'm betting you could probably get a 138hp Hyundai Elantra or Kia Spectra with power everything, A/C, CD for $15K OTD if you haggle hard. I've driven both and they're nice....quality of the materials in the Elantra is top notch. And both have much better warranties. Or get a slightly used for one $11K OTD.

But Fitting is right.....with gas at crazy prices, it may not be that easy to get as good deals on smaller cars. 2 years ago, they were not in demand like they are now. I have a year left on my Sonata lease and am considering buying an '09 Fit at that time but only if I can get one for $15K OTD. If not, I'll pass on it. I've never paid MSRP for a new car and never plan to. I'll buy used from a private party before I do that. I remember when the Civic Si first came out and a dealer here told me it was $5K OVER MSRP b/c of demand. So they wanted around $26K for a Civic Si. I was like yeah.....sure LOL.

Last edited by skater69; 06-13-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't say Honda pricing is that bad. I think they're pretty competative on most models (exception like the Ridgeline).

Skater do you own or plan on getting a Fit?
Just curious.

Korean cars
They have a long way to go to match the Japanese.
Not saying they're garbage but still...
At least they made some improvements.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I got mine from hondaworld in westminster, was a mistake making the deal there. the sales director was such a...bullshitter. anyway, that's a long story. but i almost got mine from fladeboe in irvine, but there was a shipping mistake and they ended up not having the color i wanted. almost went to buena park honda too. i think most people pay $17,000-$18000. i paid sticker price for my sport automatic and after TTL it was something near $18,000. FIT is GO! good luck with buying :-D

Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't say Honda pricing is that bad. I think they're pretty competative on most models (exception like the Ridgeline).

Skater do you own or plan on getting a Fit?
Just curious.

Korean cars
They have a long way to go to match the Japanese.
Not saying they're garbage but still...
At least they made some improvements.

I have a year left on my Sonata lease and am considering buying an '09 Fit at that time but only if I can get one for $15K OTD.
I disagree wholeheartedly about Korean cars. My Sonata is a base model...with power everything, A/C, CD....just the basics. I'm leasing it for a joke of $135/mo with an old worth nothing Buick as the down payment and it drives like a dream. And materials and quality are top notch. Dare I say it's very close to Honda quality...and I've Hondas in the past. I test drove an Accord and the differences were so minimal.....but the prices were not. I see so many Sonatas and Elantras on the road these days too. I think other people are figuring it out too.

Last edited by skater69; 06-13-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
I drove a Kia something ( forgot what model it was) it wasn't bad but wasn't something I would buy. I love how the rental place gave it to me with a nail in the tire

Umeko is your Fit a blackberry?
Saw one at the LA auto show and is a nice color.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I drove a Kia something ( forgot what model it was) it wasn't bad but wasn't something I would buy. I love how the rental place gave it to me with a nail in the tire

Umeko is your Fit a blackberry?
Saw one at the LA auto show and is a nice color.
yes, we are blackberry pearl. i love the color because..it's sometimes near black, sometimes blueish, and my favorite it's sometimes purple and glittery in pure sunlight.