General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Eco FIT wishlist

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Any examples beyond the obvious Prius? Just wondering, sometimes I need to break out a fact or two in a bet type conversation.
Look no further than the non-hybrid Civic. It gets an EPA 36mpg highway with an automatic and bigger engine. Some of it has to be gearing, some of it has to be aero.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:10 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i don't believe the beatrush piece fits the USDM. that's why i didn't mention it. i was interested in it until i heard it doesn't work for our cars.
It does. They had to open the holes up a bit in the front, that's all.

Spring update: after spending far too much work time searching the forums and reading threads it looks like Swifts might be what I'm looking for. Subtle drop, improved ride and handling. Just need to make absolutely certain to get the Swifts designed for USDM cars, as the JDMs are quite different.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Any examples beyond the obvious Prius? Just wondering, sometimes I need to break out a fact or two in a bet type conversation.
The insight I think. It is one of the (or THE) most aero mainstream cars you can buy.
Ought to be standard in all vehicles, might be if the government gets going in a proper govt.
I think an eco light is good enough. It might be better b/c it's simple. Numbers need interpretation whilke a light just "tells" you you're right, wrong, or neutral. Kia said in their new optima, it boosted economy 10-20%

Kia adds Eco Driving System to Optima sedan - AutoblogGreen

Old 06-19-2008, 10:24 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
I think an eco light is good enough. It might be better b/c it's simple. Numbers need interpretation whilke a light just "tells" you you're right, wrong, or neutral. Kia said in their new optima, it boosted economy 10-20%

Kia adds Eco Driving System to Optima sedan - AutoblogGreen
Wow, the "Economy" light returneth.

Indicators like that were not uncommon during one of those last gas crises, can't remember which one now. Back then they were primarily just an intake pressure (vacuum) sensor hooked up to a light bulb; hopefully this time around they'll be a bit more sophisticated.