General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How long did you wait for your Fit after ordering it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
How long did you wait for your Fit after ordering it?

Hi everyone. I just ordered a 5-speed Fit Sport in Blaze Orange Metallic
yesterday. I ordered it from Cambridge Honda in Massachusetts, if that helps. The people at the dealer each gave me a different estimate of when it would arrive, ranging from a week to 2-3 months (?!). I then mentioned this to a friend, who told me she knows someone who put down a deposit on a Fit and waited a month (different dealer, but in MA), eventually asking for her deposit back. Has anyone had experience ordering a Fit in New England? Or can anyone even tell me what the wait time has been like in other areas? I've never bought a new car before, so I don't even know what's normal for a car that's easy to find, let alone harder to find (most of the dealers I called didn't even have one I could test drive).

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered my fit around the 3rd week in May and its coming in this week.

So thats about a month for a Blaze Orange in North Carolina, which is the east coast and Fits come across the pacific.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eeka
Hi everyone. I just ordered a 5-speed Fit Sport in Blaze Orange Metallic
yesterday. I ordered it from Cambridge Honda in Massachusetts, if that helps. The people at the dealer each gave me a different estimate of when it would arrive, ranging from a week to 2-3 months (?!). I then mentioned this to a friend, who told me she knows someone who put down a deposit on a Fit and waited a month (different dealer, but in MA), eventually asking for her deposit back. Has anyone had experience ordering a Fit in New England? Or can anyone even tell me what the wait time has been like in other areas? I've never bought a new car before, so I don't even know what's normal for a car that's easy to find, let alone harder to find (most of the dealers I called didn't even have one I could test drive).

Thanks!
The range they gave you is:

1. If they can find one in the US - and trade a vehicle fot it.

2. If not 1 above, they must order it from the factory in Japan.

I've have a 5-speed, Blaze Orange Metallic on order for three weeks. The due date is sometime in August for it.

About three months ago - I had the same on order, but back then, my wife decided she wanted to keep her Accord - and we got the deposit back. It was gone the same day.

It's the color/5-speed combination that you want - that will take a long time to get. I'm pretty sure it's the most difficult to find. There are 4 or 5 automatic BOM's new around the States right now.

If you've never seen the BOM in person - know that the Orange is a really light Orange - almost Pink-ish. The pictures you see online always seem to make the car look deep Orange. A co-worker has an Orange Element, and another has the BOM Fit (Auto). The Fit almost looks a "salmon" color next to the Element. I still think that BOM is a great color - but if you're getting it sight-unseen, be prepared that the Orange is lighter than most pictures show. It changes in different lighting conditions - and looks great with dark tinted windows.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for your replies!

Holy crap, it could take until August? I have a job where I need access to a car all day, and my car just got totaled (hence buying the Fit sooner than I'd planned). I can squeeze a rental out of the insurance company of the guy who totaled my car for another couple weeks, but probably not longer.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
No wait.
Dealer has 20-30 to choose from.
I don't understand why you just don't go to a different dealer?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
I called all of the dealers in the greater Boston area, and only one dealer even had any Fits. The dealer I ordered from had one 2007 5-speed on the lot, which I test drove.

Do you know of a dealer in New England that has an orange 5-speed on the lot?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
i didn't wait. i found the car i wanted online. 07 SSM 5MT. went in and bought it.

btw, welcome to fitfreak. please use the search function before starting threads. this has been covered numerous times.

enjoy your stay

Old 06-08-2008, 05:18 PM
i got so lucky with mine, after i totaled my car i went to the dealer ship to see if the had any. there wasnt any on the lot so i asked how i would go about ordering a fit, the salesman took about 20 minutes explaining to me how to do it and went over all the options with me. he then told me that they had some one order one and back out that morning and asked me if i wanted to test drive it. he took me to the back lot, i looked at it, sat in it, then told him to get the paper work ready.

the cool part was my dad used to work at that dealer ship and he trained the guy who sold me my car so he did his best to get me a deal. right before i was about to sign he yelled stop and ran out to the car. he was gone for about 45 minutes and came back with some new forms. the sticker on the car was for a base not a sport but it had the sport price on it. apparently he showed to the manager and argued with him that it would be illegal to charge me for a sport when it is in the system as a base.

so i paid base price for a sport

Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
i got so lucky with mine, after i totaled my car i went to the dealer ship to see if the had any. there wasnt any on the lot so i asked how i would go about ordering a fit, the salesman took about 20 minutes explaining to me how to do it and went over all the options with me. he then told me that they had some one order one and back out that morning and asked me if i wanted to test drive it. he took me to the back lot, i looked at it, sat in it, then told him to get the paper work ready.

the cool part was my dad used to work at that dealer ship and he trained the guy who sold me my car so he did his best to get me a deal. right before i was about to sign he yelled stop and ran out to the car. he was gone for about 45 minutes and came back with some new forms. the sticker on the car was for a base not a sport but it had the sport price on it. apparently he showed to the manager and argued with him that it would be illegal to charge me for a sport when it is in the system as a base.

neg rep because you got so lucky

jk

Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 PM
i really did. im glad he noticed that, his manager was pissed off though. when i was in the sales managers office to finalize the deal he kept telling me what a good deal i was getting and how mad their boss was. every now and then i swing by the dealership to check out what they have in stock, and to see if they have made any more mistakes like that. i love my fit but if i caught an si with a base civic price tag i would trade my car in a heart beat.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
The only wait I have is for them to do the PDI on it and clean it up for me (was going to take 2 days), but I couldn't pick it up that day, so now it will have been a week since I was approved for financing till the day I pick up the car.
They had the car I wanted in stock and ready to go.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx

Doesn't the window sticker from the factory list what model and options along with the serial number bar code and price? They scan the sticker. I've done delivery and PDI's.
If the factory screwed this up I don't believe it.
If they did then your serial number is listed as a base when you register the car.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I was in and out of the dealer in 3.5 hours! Test drove the red Sport that they had just unloaded fromt he truck that day (still with all the plastic inside and out), then sat down to discuss financing, signed all the papers, and drove it home. Didn't have to order anything!

That's one advantage of living in the Bay Area: There's so many people, there's lots of selection readily available.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
i dont know i should check up on that. i really didnt second guess what he said and i sure as hell wasnt complaining when he told me. i need to find my window sticker, it is lost some where in my house. more than likely got thrown away . i have a bad habbit of letting junk build up in the car and then going in an trashing everything.

i am really glad it happened because at normal sport price they were going to make me get a co-signer. after it went down they told me a co-signer wasnt necessary. i wouldnt be driving a fit if i had to have a co-signer. i wanted my name to be the only one linked to the car.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Come down to CT, the local dealer I got mine at always has like 3 or 4 Fits on the lot when I'm there.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Check out your local Honda dealer's websites. They usually will have a link to the inventory of new cars on there lots.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
-1 days because it arrived the day before my dad and I just drove up and bought it. We weren't waiting for it or anything, we just went and bought it that day.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Again - the wait will be because of the Color/Model/Transmission the person picked...

There are tons of Fit's available across the country - but I'm pretty sure there are no BOM 5-SPD Manual Sports sitting on any lots. (I've been looking).

If anyone sees one - let us know!!!! ;-) (We have $500 down for the same thing!)

Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 AM
i gave a 500 deposit at the start of may, the sales guy said 10 days... then by the end of the month.... then the first week in june.... im still waiting!!!... 5 dealers and not 1 sport manual ... this sucks!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your totaled car! The same thing happened to my old Saab 900 turbo... I ended up finding a 2007 manual Fit in Storm Silver Metallic used, fortunately for me. I feel your pain... It sucks to have to find a new vehicle ASAP.

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your Fit after ordering it?