General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Smoke in the Fit?
Yes
14.58%
No
36.46%
Smoking will kill you! Dying=FTL
48.96%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Any smokers here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Any smokers here?

Just wondering if anyone smokes in their Fits. This car is the first I've owned that I refuse to smoke in. If I'm on a long trek, I park somewhere and smoke outside Don't want to get the inside all ashy and nasty!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
smoking ftl. both my grandparents died from cancer. they were smokers

Old 06-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry man..I didn't mean to offend anyone with this thread

Old 06-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Smoking FTL..
No smoking rule in my Fit.

Tyler

Old 06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
i used to be the same way when i first got the car. i was super anal about until i took a 600 mile road trip on two hours of sleep.

if you do decide to start smoking in your car go to walmart and buy your self a can of ozium. you can find it with all of the auto cleaning stuff. that stuff kills any and all smells almost instantly.

a quick story of how well it works in high times magazine one of their editors heard about how well it worked and decided to really test it out so he got a can, smoked a joint in his car with the windows rolled up about five miles away from a border check point. he sprayed just before he got the check point and the dogs didnt alert!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 PM
That's funny. I used to smoke weed like a chimney (4person bake-outs were daily lol) in my 95 civic ex. I trashed that car so badly...hell, I lived in it for 3 months due to some circumstances I need not talk about lol There was always something in my bowl or a roach in the ashtray ;/

Those days are long gone thankfully

Old 06-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Just wondering if anyone smokes in their Fits. This car is the first I've owned that I refuse to smoke in. If I'm on a long trek, I park somewhere and smoke outside Don't want to get the inside all ashy and nasty!

Odd that you have more regard for the inside of a car than your own lungs

I'm not a soapbox preacher--it's your body, do what you want with it--I just found that comment funny!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deanwvu
Odd that you have more regard for the inside of a car than your own lungs

I'm not a soapbox preacher--it's your body, do what you want with it--I just found that comment funny!
Good point. Yeah, I smoke in my Fit. The way the front windows roll up in relation to the side mirrors makes for a nicer than usual ashing method. I just run the fan after a cigarette for a while with some windows open and try not to accidentally burn anything.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:11 PM
dean i never thought about it like that

im used to people looking down on smoking, i get lectures about it every day from my coworkers. i am the youngest person employed at this hospital and all of the nurses have known my dad for years so they are all like my mothers. i swear it was like world war three started when one of them found out that i smoked.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
That's funny. I used to smoke weed like a chimney (4person bake-outs were daily lol) in my 95 civic ex. I trashed that car so badly...hell, I lived in it for 3 months due to some circumstances I need not talk about lol There was always something in my bowl or a roach in the ashtray ;/

Those days are long gone thankfully
Heh, not preaching, just an observation...could that much weed smoking and ending up living in a car be at least distantly related? Hell, if I had gotten that bad, my Doritos and Twinkie budget would have had me living in my car too!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Smoking FTL...especially in my FIT ...lol

Old 06-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey, we all have our vices that CAN kill us. Irony will probably kick in though, and something totally unrelated will get ya....

Mine is general overeating. Obesity is getting worse than smoking as far as per-capita health problems and deaths. I am way better than I was in high school (was near 360 lbs back then), but I still struggle and hope to lose about 20-30 more lbs...

Until I am lean, I have no right to tell others how to live healthy, that's for sure.

Here's irony: A good friend of mine, who is 48 years old, is in amazing shape (I am 29). He has been lean and in great shape his entire life--he grew up working on a farm, went to undergrad on a soccer scholarship... At 48 years old he can still run 2 miles in under 12 minutes, also can do 140 pushups in 2 minutes, 130 situps or so in 2 minutes (the Army Physical Fitness Test). He has never smoked, and drinks only socially and very lightly.....

He just had a heart attack a few months ago!!! He is doing fine, but man he is pissed off!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:28 PM
man that sucks sorry to hear about that. that is one of the reasons why i have no intention of quitting, i am more likely to be killed by a diet coke with equal in it and a big mac than a pack of reds.

it is really weird but i see it all the time at work, the healthiest people are always the ones that have heart attacks, strokes and other major complications.

of course smoking is terrible for you and eventually it will catch up with your body but im not to worried. a good friend of mine whos grandmother is 99 and still kickin has been smoking malboro reds since she was 13, the last time i went and saw her she was smoking two packs a day!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by rjm161
Heh, not preaching, just an observation...could that much weed smoking and ending up living in a car be at least distantly related? Hell, if I had gotten that bad, my Doritos and Twinkie budget would have had me living in my car too!
Nail, meet head

Old 06-07-2008, 03:34 PM
going off topic for a moment...

my question for every one especially the non-smoking cats is how many of you consume 1 or more energy beverages a day? there has been tons of studies on it but no one really pays attention to them. ever since i started working in the medical field i have cut any form of energy drink out of my life. almost every energy drink constricts your veins tighter than cocaine!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Good point dude. I should stop drinking NOS (the drink) lol. It's just so good!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sorry man..I didn't mean to offend anyone with this thread
no trouble dude.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
I dont drink energy drinks....that shits bad for u.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Smoking is the worst thing you can do to your body.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
People still smoke? Seriously?

Quick Reply: Any smokers here?