General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Smoke in the Fit?
Yes
14.58%
No
36.46%
Smoking will kill you! Dying=FTL
48.96%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Any smokers here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, absolutely, I understand that too.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
so your pretty anal about people farting huh?

i dont mean to go off topic or be gross but has any one else noticed how well the stock seats hold the smell of a fart? it might just be that i have a sensetive nose but if you let one rip in the car the seat seems to grab the smell and hold on to it. kind of like the fit is punishing you for passing wind in it.

you: ::farrrrrrt::
your fit: now im going to make you smell it the whole way home
ANAL, YES. all windows go down if someone rips a fart, and i try to fan the smell out. i'm crazy. but yeah, the seats hold the smell well and it's no bueno.

also, about the anti-smoking people. or anti-anything people really. everyone thinks their own point of view is the correct one and that everyone should do what they do.

people can do whatever they wanna do, but others don't have to agree with it or enjoy it. and they will most likely badger them about it.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by a fit called umeko
and they will most likely badger them about it.
hey now, we all have our opinions but throwing a small mammal at some one is totally the wrong way to get your point across... im in a joking mood today.

but i agree with that 100% i dont like to admit it but we are all guilty of trying to press our views on other people at some point. its like that saying, ''opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink''. but that saying it self is kind of an opinion, im sure they dont all stink.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
hey now, we all have our opinions but throwing a small mammal at some one is totally the wrong way to get your point across... im in a joking mood today.

but i agree with that 100% i dont like to admit it but we are all guilty of trying to press our views on other people at some point. its like that saying, ''opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink''. but that saying it self is kind of an opinion, im sure they dont all stink.

aww you're right. poor badgers. and it's true most people let other people know what their point of view, but it shouldn't be to the point where it's rude or condescending because everyone should be able to make their own choices about everything.

anyway..we are getting too philosophical now.

light it up bitches!

oh, i've never smoked a day in my life. i would probably try weed before i ever tried a cigarette.

Last edited by a fit called umeko; 06-08-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by a fit called umeko
also, about the anti-smoking people. or anti-anything people really. everyone thinks their own point of view is the correct one and that everyone should do what they do.

people can do whatever they wanna do, but others don't have to agree with it or enjoy it. and they will most likely badger them about it.

People can do whatever they want until it affects someone else or it is against the law. Smoking cigarettes fall under the first part of that. How is it fair that someone can smoke cigarettes while being pregnant, or in the car with their kids (windows down or up)? I am not preaching against smoking by any means, but it affects more than just the person doing it. I can't stand when a person gets mad that they cannot smoke at a baseball game or in a restaurant where there are other people that don't smoke. Maybe if someone invented a smoker's fishbowl helmet then they could smoke all they want inside that thing.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:54 PM
they'll decide

When nonsmokers badger smokers it makes it so the smoker will be admitting defeat if he/she quits. They need to decide for themselves. All smokers know it's stupid in many ways (cost, health, stench, etc.). I stopped after fifteen years because I had two choices, continue on with this annoying expensive habit or put up with cravings for a year till the the desire stops. Both paths are unpleasant but the smoker has to decide. If you badger him you're only making it worse.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
to true, one of the biggest parts of breaking any addiction is wanting is for your self. if you do it for any one other than you chances are your not going to quit your just going to take a break.

"light it up bitches" pun intended? im assuming that you meant lets not get to serious, im just curious if you realized that you posted that in a thread about smoking. . but really how much lighter could it get at this point? we are talking about the fits ability to hold farts and how small animals dont make for good negotiation tools... or do they???

Old 06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
As the OP, I feel that I should add some further wisdom...

Sure, smoking may affect you nonsmokers. It may piss you off. Second-hand smoke IS a bitch. But there really isn't much you can do to avoid it until they ban smoking completely. You bastards (I say that in the most loving way possible) already made it so smokers like me have to get up in between beers or meals at bars/restaurants to go outside to light up. Light bulb just lit in my head: If smokers stopped spending money on tobacco, the economy would probably be even further down the toilet. I dunno what I'm getting it. But if smoking annoys you, I'm sure as hell there's something about you that would annoy me in return. Yeah, that works. Hell, it better than works. it FITS.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:12 PM
ooo nice with the economy comment. sin taxes play a large role in a lot of different areas. i dont think the economy would fall to complete shit if smoking was banned though... i do know that las vegas would turn into a total war zone if people couldnt smoke on the strip.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
You bastards (I say that in the most loving way possible) already made it so smokers like me have to get up in between beers or meals at bars/restaurants to go outside to light up.
You get up to take a piss, right? Or do you just go at the table?

Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by osborne
You get up to take a piss, right? Or do you just go at the table?
that actually depends on what he is drinking and how many he has had

i think if smokers took those who dont smoke into consideration a little more, and those who dont smoke would respect that as adults we are allowed to do what we want to our bodies we would all get along a little better. but that will never happen, the beef between those who do and those who dont will never end.