General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Smoke in the Fit?
Yes
14.58%
No
36.46%
Smoking will kill you! Dying=FTL
48.96%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Any smokers here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
i cant stand that either. at least once a day i walk into a patients room and get a buzz just from the smell that they radiate, then i look at the chart and see that they are here for shortness of breath.
See what you have to look forward to???????

Sorry, preaching!! But I've been there.

Last edited by manxman; 06-07-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I lost my Dad when I was 15 years old to a massive heart attack. He was a smoker since he was a teenager and slightly overweight. I never took up the habit and now can not stand to be around the smell of smoke.

Cat

Old 06-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Cat
I lost my Dad when I was 15 years old to a massive heart attack. He was a smoker since he was a teenager and slightly overweight. I never took up the habit and now can not stand to be around the smell of smoke.

Cat
Sorry to hear that Cat
I lost my uncle who i was close to, a few years back. He was 38. Died from lung cancer, he was a smoker.

Tyler

Old 06-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
smoking ftmfl

Old 06-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
I lost my uncle who i was close to, a few years back. He was 38. Died from lung cancer, he was a smoker. Tyler

That's way too young to go. Sorry for your loss.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by LOZA
Smoking FTL...especially in my FIT ...lol
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>+1 YEP!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Old 06-08-2008, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
You're a Paramedic? I never would have guessed! A sock or a pillow would cure all of your issues. jk, black one, but jk.
Close. I am a firefighter and an EMT. As for the sock and the pillow remark my only response is... in a heart beat. Pun totally intended.

i cant stand that either. at least once a day i walk into a patients room and get a buzz just from the smell that they radiate, then i look at the chart and see that they are here for shortness of breath.
I love it when they have to be on O2 all the time too. Yet, they are the ones on hospice forever and those who have never smoked die so quickly.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
No smoking in my carS. I dont smoke.
I had a friend light up a cig in my Mazda. He didnt ask me or anything, he just lit it up. As soon as I smelled it, I pulled over and kicked him out. Wouldnt let him in for a good 20min as the smell hovers. UGHhh!

No smoking in my Fit. If I come to traffic lights and smell smoke, I roll the windows up.
My parents were smokers since they were teens. 3 years ago they both stopped.
So glad.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
my dad took my fit to get my side moldings installed, and when i got it back that night it reeked of smoke. my poor fit had not had any need for an air freshener until that night!!!

so i am permanently keeping a bottle of febreeze in the back.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
ahh i'm sorry pip_rocks
i'd be fighting my dad!!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kyle.
ahh i'm sorry pip_rocks
i'd be fighting my dad!!!!
oh you have no idea. he's never seen me that pissed off, haha.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 AM
yeah, there is absolutely no smoking, no farting, no burping, no ANYTHING that could possible leave a lingering smell in my fit. if i smell someone smoking in a car next to me my windows get rolled up so quickly. if someone burps or farts in my car i get pissed off and yell at them for a good couple minutes.

i can't stand the smell of smoke, i don't really understand how people can smoke honestly, but i guess i just can't get it really. but not smoking in your fit even if you are a smoker sounds good. wouldn't wanna ruin the perfection that is the FIT!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:40 AM
The only thing I smoked....is a Yaris! lol.. j/k

Don't smoke. I don't think I'll let anyone smoke in my car either.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by a fit called umeko
if someone burps or farts in my car i get pissed off and yell at them for a good couple minutes.
so your pretty anal about people farting huh?

i dont mean to go off topic or be gross but has any one else noticed how well the stock seats hold the smell of a fart? it might just be that i have a sensetive nose but if you let one rip in the car the seat seems to grab the smell and hold on to it. kind of like the fit is punishing you for passing wind in it.

you: ::farrrrrrt::
your fit: now im going to make you smell it the whole way home

Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 AM
i didnt own this car 15 mins before i lite up a smoke in it. honestly that new car smell give me a headache. i got this awesome smokeout spray that smell like yummy oranges.

i only smoke like 2-4 a day. its not much. so i dont really worry. probably still should thou.

Last edited by Maximuz; 06-08-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:00 AM
almost makes me want to quit especially because i see it happen daily.
but at the same time i am a little more educated than alot of folks about what im doing to my self. i know what could happen and what it could do to me, my wallet and my family. most people either dont care or dont want to admit that they are harming their bodies. i feel that i have more control over my habbit just because i get to see what it does to people every day. i know i can quit when ever, last year on new years i went to a 7-11 to buy some smokes. when i went to the register i found out that i didnt have enough for a pack because prices went up right at 12 oclock. i got mad and didnt buy or smoke a cigarette for almost 4 months.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Smokinnnnn

I am a smoker, but have not smoked in my last several cars, nor allowed others to do so. This was true even when I was driving an old, wrecked-in-the-back Cavalier. My reasons are:
1. Makes the car smell bad, even to me.
2. Consideration for others.
3. Greasy film that gets on inside of windows.
4. Lowers the car's monetary value.
5. Fire hazard issues.

Anti-smoking nazis can kiss my ass. I don't try to make others smoke, and I do wish I had never started smoking, but it is really my business what I do. Anti-smokers (not non-smokers, but ANTI-smokers, the ones who scold those who made different choices from themselves) can be grouped with the racists and g ay-bashers, as far as I'm concerned. Live and let live (or let die if that's what someone chooses).

Last edited by Steeldog; 06-08-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: stupid software
Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
so your pretty anal about people farting huh?

Hahahahahaha!

Old 06-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm proud to say its been 3.5-4 months without a cigarette for me

Old 06-08-2008, 10:23 AM
steel dog i love your avatar right now!!! i agree with you 100% about the nicotin nazis. i can understand if you dont smoke and dont want to be around it. i just cant get those few people that go ape shit when you smoke especially when you do it on or in your own property. if i am out in public i will respect those around me and not smoke at all and if i have to ill make sure that i move a good distance away from any people. even if im a smoker i cant stand having smoke blown in or around my face its just not pleasant. one thing i am always good about is not smoking around children. i will never smoke a cigarette around a child.

but i can understand people like manxman, cat, solbrothers. these are people who have experienced first hand what smoking does. its just human nature to care about your fellow beings. its like if you were at your friends house and they started to cut their wrist you wouldnt say dude go deeper. you would be extremely concerned about their well being and ask them to stop.

Quick Reply: Any smokers here?