General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...

We need a thread for this, since it seems like there are (and will be) lots of comments about the Fit.

We needs replies to comments like...
- You actually bought that thing?
- Have you ever died driving that little thing?
- That's ugly

etc, etc...

We gotta be armed and quick, forget this "I was shocked or speechless" stuff.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
Originally Posted by cojaro
And then after a successful night, "dirty mode" can be implemented.

Just without the Stormtrooper costumes.

i knew that avatar would come in handy one day

"your car maybe fast but can you make babies comfortably in it?"
thats my response to any negative comments from now on.
There's your answer :-P

Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
i just laugh at most ppl... since i get 36 mpg avg... and they get 20? maybe? the morons who rank on the fit are obviously uneducated opinionated morons with the IQ of their over sized gas tanks... EVERY person who has been in my Fit has retracted everything they say negative about it... just cuz the Fit is go!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I just say, "Well that's what makes you and me different." Or just ask them the same question back, like, "So, you actually bought a (insert car here)?" I don't have time to get mad at stupid people.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
tell them to grow a penis.

and if its a girl,.....i'd still say grow a penis.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
As they are filling up thier Hummer...

"Did you just pee in your pants or is that your wallet crying?"

People actually don't make fun of my Fit anymore. They did the first time I got it a little over a year ago. But since gas has gone up, the jokes have gone down.

Last edited by FITrunner; 06-05-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kuba
We need a thread for this, since it seems like there are (and will be) lots of comments about the Fit.

We needs replies to comments like...
- You actually bought that thing?
- Have you ever died driving that little thing?
- That's ugly

etc, etc...

We gotta be armed and quick, forget this "I was shocked or speechless" stuff.
Nobody laughs at Fits any more. Its more likely a grim angry look. Best just nod and say good morning. The SUV owners are getting likely to 'take out their frustration' on 'them little furrin things'. Take care.
FITrunner gonna get in trouble saying that. Where we are they've started getting their June gas credit card bills and the SUV and pseudotrucks are getting grim and quiet, not a good sign.

Last edited by mahout; 06-05-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
No one has made fun of my Fit yet. People usually ask me what it is or how good the gas mileage is.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
i agree with mahout and bibli: most people are intriuged and ask about mileage. i even get the its so cute/cool comments every now and then.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
i loved the fit when they first came out and seeking to get the 09', and i don't hear any negative comments on the fit. Girls tell me they look cute and of course the guys say it saves gas hahah. When i bought my EP which is the 2002 si people were making fun of my car all the time calling it a ford focus.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by FITrunner
As they are filling up thier Hummer...

"Did you just pee in your pants or is that your wallet crying?"

definitely one to remember

Old 06-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ive yet to hear those kinds of comments from people... well, i did
get a 'ken wth happened?!' from my neighbor pointing at my car when i
first drove it home. he thought i was in an accident or something
and drove home a loaner from the bodyshop.

all i get are compliments on how cool the car looks.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
i agree with mahout and bibli: most people are intriuged and ask about mileage. i even get the its so cute/cool comments every now and then.
Yep, this.

I still sometimes get the occasional sarcastic "damn, that's a dinky car" from drive-thru window jockeys, but then I'll roll down the rear windows so that they can see what it looks like inside w/ the seats down.

-Mike

Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^Lucky you Kenchan!^^

This year seems to be much worse, I am getting negitive comments everywhere this spring. I had a Ford Ranger pull up and start reving the engine and them some hill billy retard screaming something like "come on lets race you F-ing Ricer" the other day.

The day before that I was letting the GF drive because I had a headache on the way home and a limo full of punk a$$ kids pulled up at a red light and started yelling "R-Type f@ggots" at us.

These are the worst cases, lots of other ones where somebody yells out something like "Yeahhh a F-ing Fit" or something.

What the hell is wrong with people, I don't speed or stunt. This is all based on an aftermarket set of rims and the hint of an exhuast I usually laugh off most stuff, but people are being a$$holes this year. It is kind of getting under my skin, I am getting close to introducing these jerks to the hooked end of my steering wheel lock club.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
from an ep3 " wow, that thing is hideous!"

i was like really, because i thought it just looked like an ep3 but 4 doors.
i was like meh, yeah your right....my fit looks better then yours...i can see why your jealous

from a silverado at the gas station " wow that thing is a joke"
me" really, i thought it was funnny too....because while im paying 38 bucks to fill up...your paying 100 for the same miles per tank as me"

i get compliments most of the time....but its only those cocky bastards that think they have cool cars bug me.

mainly bmw's!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
I haven't experienced any of these stupid comments yet, but then again we've only had our Fit for month now.

If, or when it happens, I think my reply would go something like this; Are you serious, you're making fun of my car?!? What grade are you in?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
^^Lucky you Kenchan!^^

This year seems to be much worse, I am getting negitive comments everywhere this spring. I had a Ford Ranger pull up and start reving the engine and them some hill billy retard screaming something like "come on lets race you F-ing Ricer" the other day.

The day before that I was letting the GF drive because I had a headache on the way home and a limo full of punk a$$ kids pulled up at a red light and started yelling "R-Type f@ggots" at us.

These are the worst cases, lots of other ones where somebody yells out something like "Yeahhh a F-ing Fit" or something.

What the hell is wrong with people, I don't speed or stunt. This is all based on an aftermarket set of rims and the hint of an exhuast I usually laugh off most stuff, but people are being a$$holes this year. It is kind of getting under my skin, I am getting close to introducing these jerks to the hooked end of my steering wheel lock club.
DaBom, I agree with you. I don't have the time nor do I spend the time wastin' on what people have to say about what I drive, whether it's a Fit or an Audi RS8. I'm just glad I don't pay over $40 everytime I fill up my tank at a gas station. People have told me, "You're kind of big for your car. If you spread your arms, you're almost as long as your car." I don't know whether it's a comment or an insult, but it doesn't matter because I don't get caught up in the baby-drama bullshit. Critics are everywhere in every field so there's no need to get caught up in the drama. In the end, you pay your bills, not them.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
i didnt know there are rednecks up north in canada too.

wat do you call them up there?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
knigets.............

jk....

I have had very minimal people make fun of my car mostly friends....

There are too many really really riced out cars around where I live to have people making fun of my car.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
rougecou

coteau billet

Quick Reply: Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...