General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a somewhat interesting take on this... I have never personally been made fun of (probably because I look like a lumberjack... but that aside...) I have had someone ask me "nice stuffed space dude (referring to Asimo hanging in my mirror) are you g@y?" i said "yeah, I am, who wants to know?" (silent pause) "nono that's cool dude! nice car" LMAO

Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, stupid remarks about everything

When I went to go wash my car at self wash lots, this guy in his Big Rig looking surburban came up to me and said why do I drive these,

"I know they save gas and all, but one hit and your dead. Your gone. Wont happen in my car and the car my entire family drives."

"Yeah I guess, I guess my 5 star rating in safety is nothing compared to your tractor."

Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arashi
I have a somewhat interesting take on this... I have never personally been made fun of (probably because I look like a lumberjack... but that aside...) I have had someone ask me "nice stuffed space dude (referring to Asimo hanging in my mirror) are you g@y?" i said "yeah, I am, who wants to know?" (silent pause) "nono that's cool dude! nice car" LMAO

ROFLMAO!!! That's priceless. Would love to see their faces...

Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Remember the bumper sticker that people used to slap into their old junkers, or onto their small Japanese shit-boxes? The one that said "Don't laugh. It's paid for"?

Well, considering that most of these antagonistic inbreds driving pickups, SUVs and muscle cars are probably still paying them off (or worse, LEASING them. For shame...) it will give me great pleasure to use this line on them--- especially since it's true.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:23 PM
i get it alot from people i know. they are like "why didnt u get a s2k. this thing is like ftl" i am like what so i'll be paying $60 in gas hell no plus i can pack more chicks in my car then yours. fit FTW.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Before I bought one and was thinking about it, I have a friend who is a HUGE Honda fan. When we were talking about the Fit, he told me that with that car it's like Honda is going down hill (He's a CRX owner) "Honda disappoints me" He was telling me how his CRX was getting 50mpg. This is the reg CRX not the HF model.

Funny thing is he's a lover of Honda's yet he wanted a "real" Muscle car and bought a 1976 Stingray. I make fun of him for buying that car when he lost his license racing a undercover cop in a Camero with the CRX.

HAHAHAHAHA. He has another 3-4 years before he can get his license back. I took him for a spin in my Fit and now he can't say anything bad about it.

He's one of those people who thinks he knows everything....

Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 AM
I had a couple of douche bags who thought they were cool in their raised F150 at my school. While we were in the parking lot they told me "Your car looks *** just like you", as if that was original and I turned to them and said, "See the difference between me and you is I don't have to compensate for my penis being small with big trucks like your fagmobile there" and then I got into my car and said, "Oh, and after the girl sees you, she doesn't talk about how big your truck is to her friends",...it was dumb but it was the best I could think of on the spot. I also thought they were going to get their friends and kick my ass afterwards. hahah

Old 08-16-2008, 01:23 AM
It's terrible to read about all of the negative comments people actually voice out loud. We're all guilty of at least thinking and talking in private with our family and friends about how BAD some car is, but usually never to an owner (unless they're our good friends...haha). I guess perhaps I don't go into areas where all of this childish activity happens.
Even before we officially drove our new Fit home, I got a guy at a gas station with an 18 year old Civic Wagon who asked me about the car and complimented me on it. Also sayng he was going to get it soon since his civic needs to be retired.
I've also gotten many smiles from girls and just other people on the road and in parking lots. Not the kind of laughing smile, but intriuged and admiring ones. I also noticed more SMART cars around and those really get a lot of - from what i've noticed - positive attention.
I think many Honda owners have indeed made a bad reputation for the brand, but i know many good honda owners who do not deserve to be made fun of. I never really got crap with my previous cars (Toyotas), but if i did get any crap it was always from Honda owners - go figure.
So I'll just drive my new Fit proud and normally...and just brush off the ignorant and unfounded derogatory comments made by others.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 AM
The only person who's actually made fun of my car was my gf's 13 yr old sister. So basically that is the mentality of someone who makes fun of someone because of their opinion of how a car looks - a 13 yr old girl.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:10 AM
Originally Posted by suboh
The only person who's actually made fun of my car was my gf's 13 yr old sister. So basically that is the mentality of someone who makes fun of someone because of their opinion of how a car looks - a 13 yr old girl.
Perfectly worded man, can't agree more!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Oh Hell, I just say I'm getting 45 miles to a gallon of gas and a tank last's two weeks and they shut up !!! : )

Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
One of my friends tells me I should go hang out with the soccer moms, but in general everyone just calls it cute.

And the elderly seem to think its one of "those hybrid things" cause of how small it is.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
my daughter was actually conceived in refresh mode.... cant do that in a eg hatch.... true story...

thats what i tell all my friends who still think i should of got something else..

Old 08-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Arashi
lol............

Old 08-22-2010, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
ignore them. it's worse with my miata. with the miata i just assume they are not car people and dont understand the car. the fit is a commuter car, cant really defend it except that it gets great mpg.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
holy raising the dead Fit-man! >.>

Originally Posted by ankyle62
the fit is a commuter car, cant really defend it except that it gets great mpg.
"can't really defend it"? Sounds a bit like you're not really "proud" of the car, almost embarrassed or ashamed of it.

I won't go on to defend or antagonize any other car owners.

I chose to buy the Fit. Anything else, is up to you.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Funny, I've never had a negative comment directed towards my Fit.

I had one young kid (not negatively) ask me if it was a Hybrid.

Besides that, and it wasn't really negative, anyone that has bothered to say anything has been on the positive side of the ledger.

At my age now? I don't really care what others think about my automobile. The only thing I would say, that as for as good a product as The Fit is? Seems to me that Honda doesn't support it enough with their own advertising. Television, or Ad's you see almost all of Honda's line-up, but it seems like The Fit get's swept under the carpet. I don't really get why Honda doesn't promote what I think is an excellent vehicle a lot more agressively.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
I'm actually the one making fun of my wife's Fit. She's always insisted that she wanted a car with a trunk, while I've always had hatchbacks. She really surprised me last year when she said she wanted a her first hatchback. So now I always ask her "Where's the rest of your car?"

I drive a Fit too, so she knows I'm just having fun.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by ankyle62
ignore them. it's worse with my miata. with the miata i just assume they are not car people and dont understand the car. the fit is a commuter car, cant really defend it except that it gets great mpg.
Originally Posted by Goobers
holy raising the dead Fit-man! >.>

"can't really defend it"? Sounds a bit like you're not really "proud" of the car, almost embarrassed or ashamed of it.

I won't go on to defend or antagonize any other car owners.

I chose to buy the Fit. Anything else, is up to you.
Whoa...

"Proud" of the car? I didn't build it. I didn't design it. It's a cheapie car, one that is incredibly useful, efficient, economical, and manages to be fun at the same time, but "proud' of it? It's not exclusive... anyone with a minimum wage job could buy one. I wanted a good, cheap, reliable car that would run forever, mostly to drive when I have the kids or weather conditions/cargo needs make riding the motorcycle impractical.

I walked into a dealership, said "Gimme one in silver, here's my info, run my credit, OK, I'll sign here."

They are piled up on lots everywhere you go. Other than a large interior volume for small exterior size, they're not particularly remarkable. Low-displacement traversely mounted 4-cylinder, McPherson struts and twistbeam suspension in a mass-produced unibody chassis.

I definitely enjoy it. I keep it clean and serviced. I come on here and find ways to deal with little issues (gawdawful factory armrest, for instance) or share tips I've found (making it more comfortable for 6+ footers)

It never crossed my mind to be proud of it.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, I don't mean "proud" like its "your baby", just couldn't think of any other description.

Quick Reply: Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...