General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
I take all the comments as jokes. I still think the same thing when I look at it. Is that REALLY a car? Do I have to pedal? How many gerbals are under the hood?

I think the jokes are funny as long as they're in the right context and just agree. Then joke back about whatever they have.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I don’t think anyone one would actually say something to me face to face unless they were a real big dude and I would probably just laugh internally and smirk at them.

I traded in my Peepee extenders for the Fit and I’m happy with it just the way it is. I guess my response would be something like

"What are you going to do when you big (insert model name) SUV isn’t made anymore? Guess you'll have to hit a plastic surgeon and get your peepee extended in the proper way"

Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
I've had the car a bit less than a month, but already I've heard the following:

"Are you really okay driving a car that small?" (from wife's daughter)
"Oh yeah! It's very safe. And it feels much bigger when you're inside." (wife's response to daughter)

"What kind of Honda is that? I've never seen one like it." (from co-worker with Chevy Silverado Extended Cab pickup)
"It's a Honda Fit. I just filled the tank, 43MPG!" (my response to co-worker)

Maybe I should preface this by saying that I'm old, as in "I have grandchildren". I used to drive an Austin Mini back in the 60's. It had 10-inch wheels and weighed about 1,000 pounds. It was a Countryman, which means it was a little station wagon. It was painted red, white, and blue and it had a Union Jack on the hood. You want to talk comments? I've already heard them all.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
"Are you really okay driving a car that small?" (from wife's daughter)
"Oh yeah! It's very safe. And it feels much bigger when you're inside." (wife's response to daughter)
I lol'd.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Most peeps have a little bit of respect for my car except one of my buddies. Just because of the gas mileage. But i mean, this guys cocky about everything. He swears like his '07 Si is the fastest car in the world. hahahah but it's cool... i have my share of things to make fun of him for... and it's not his car. HAHAHA

Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
^^Lucky you Kenchan!^^

This year seems to be much worse, I am getting negitive comments everywhere this spring. I had a Ford Ranger pull up and start reving the engine and them some hill billy retard screaming something like "come on lets race you F-ing Ricer" the other day.

The day before that I was letting the GF drive because I had a headache on the way home and a limo full of punk a$$ kids pulled up at a red light and started yelling "R-Type f@ggots" at us.

These are the worst cases, lots of other ones where somebody yells out something like "Yeahhh a F-ing Fit" or something.

What the hell is wrong with people, I don't speed or stunt. This is all based on an aftermarket set of rims and the hint of an exhuast I usually laugh off most stuff, but people are being a$$holes this year. It is kind of getting under my skin, I am getting close to introducing these jerks to the hooked end of my steering wheel lock club.

A Ford Ranger wanted to race? HAAAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I drive one of those occasionally on my job, and I get paid to do it, and it's still embarrassing. Until I took out the door-is-open chime, the mofo would start dinging away at random times. The dome light and also
the windshield wipers do this same stoopid shit. You're driving down the road on a sunny day, and suddenly your wipers start wiping like mad, on high speed, no less. What a piece of crap.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Funny!!!

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
I don’t think anyone one would actually say something to me face to face unless they were a real big dude and I would probably just laugh internally and smirk at them.

I traded in my Peepee extenders for the Fit and I’m happy with it just the way it is. I guess my response would be something like

"What are you going to do when you big (insert model name) SUV isn’t made anymore? Guess you'll have to hit a plastic surgeon and get your peepee extended in the proper way"

Now that shit is funny, I don't care who ya are.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
Most peeps have a little bit of respect for my car except one of my buddies. Just because of the gas mileage. But i mean, this guys cocky about everything. He swears like his '07 Si is the fastest car in the world. hahahah but it's cool... i have my share of things to make fun of him for... and it's not his car. HAHAHA
saiko, in your case it's different cause you're a girl.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I just got slammed! I belong to a local car forum and they had a May contest to take pictures of your car in the city. There were 6 of us who entered - the pictures were taken of a Firebird, a couple of Civics, one of just a street scene, the Fit and a Ford I could not even tell which car it is to tell the truth - anyway. They had a poll to vote for the favorite and the Firebird won by 6 votes, the nicest Civic got 3 votes, heck the street shot got 3 votes. Now ask me how many votes the Fit got......GOOSEEGG!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys are into stangs, american heavy metal and just a few import owners - but gez guys could not one person have voted for the Fit! I get
the last laugh at the gas tank

Cat :x

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
why brag about gas milage? i think that's lame

i autocross, and people don't talk about my fit cause i whoop them in it. i make fun of my own car cause it's so weak. i have to feed my gerbils a little more to go faster. i know my car is slow, i know it looks like a minivan, but i win and that shuts people up. i don't care if people make fun of my car cause i know i can drive faster than them.

Last edited by sl0wp0k3; 06-05-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
"What kind of Honda is that? I've never seen one like it." (from co-worker with Chevy Silverado Extended Cab pickup)
"It's a Honda Fit. I just filled the tank, 43MPG!" (my response to co-worker)
Last year was great, the Fit was pretty new and still not that well known. I had lot of people coming up and asking questions, I got into countless conversations and even people wanting to sit inside.

It just seems like this year everybody hates the car already

Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
knigets.............

jk....

I have had very minimal people make fun of my car mostly friends....

There are too many really really riced out cars around where I live to have people making fun of my car.
Haha you havent seen too many riced out cars until you like 5 mins from a military base =\

Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
One of the tradeoffs for living in high-tax Massachusetts. This area has been import-friendly for decades. Heck, there are a bunch of those hideous Volvo 240's still rolling around. So, people really don't make fun of Fits or other imports here. Most cars on the road are imports here.

The strange part about it is seeing Toyota Camrys with Dale Jr. stickers on the back. LOL!

Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by sl0wp0k3
why brag about gas milage? i think that's lame

i autocross, and people don't talk about my fit cause i whoop them in it. i make fun of my own car cause it's so weak. i have to feed my gerbils a little more to go faster. i know my car is slow, i know it looks like a minivan, but i win and that shuts people up. i don't care if people make fun of my car cause i know i can drive faster than them.
its not a minivan... its a shortbus... just not as shortbusish as FJ cruisers...

Old 06-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i didnt know there are rednecks up north in canada too.

wat do you call them up there?
Pretty much Rednecks and once you get out into the fringe farm communities they become full out Hill-billies just down down South Alberta is like the Texas of the North, look up "Calgary Stampede" , it happens about 2 blocks from where I live!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
saiko, in your case it's different cause you're a girl.

stfu fooooool. hahaha jk

Old 06-06-2008, 04:47 AM
from my experience, people who make fun of other people are really showing how insecure about themselves. making fun of someone else, or something someone else has makes them feel better about their own inadequacies.

its sad really, that some people need to resort to insults to make others feel bad to make themselves feel good.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:15 AM
If you really want to be negative:
"I promise not to circulate the money I save on gas, you can kiss 2/3 of the economy goodbye!"

For American SUVs, Pickup Trucks:
"Thanks for being a patriot by funding the Arabs!"

For cops:
"Wanna follow me while I get provoked to race? You can make money off them! Easy ticket revenue, you know...Dollar dollar bills yo!"

For hot chicks:
"If you like it smoothly and slowly, come hop in! The Fit can handle loads of fun!"

For Computer Geeks:
"I got VTECnology! Dunno about your gadgets."

Old 06-07-2008, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by eldaino
tell them to grow a penis.

and if its a girl,.....i'd still say grow a penis.
+1... id love to see the look on the face of some dumb broad after you say that killer comeback

Old 06-07-2008, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I take all the comments as jokes. I still think the same thing when I look at it. Is that REALLY a car? Do I have to pedal? How many gerbals are under the hood?

I think the jokes are funny as long as they're in the right context and just agree. Then joke back about whatever they have.
When I hit around 4k revs I can hear those little gerbils working hard.

Quick Reply: Things to say to people who laugh at your Fit...