General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

1 more week!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
1 more week!

Was at the dealership again today...
Went for another test drive, this time in an auto sport just to be sure.

Applied and was approved for financing $0 down for 72 months @ 3.9%

So I am getting a white 2008 AT Sport.
Got it for MSRP.
First 2 oil changes, all weather floor mats and the hatch privacy cover included for free.
Got the 6 Yr/100,000 km extended warrenty for $900.
And am debating on the Protection package which includes the undercoat, paint protection and the interior treatment. It is normal almost $1300 but they are offering it to me at $699. They didn't give me any sort of deadline to make a decision on the protection plan other then it has to be BEFORE the car leaves the lot and I need to let them know 2 days before I want to pick the car up, which is currently set for Thursday the 9th at 9am.

I know a couple of people have said that the protection thing isn't worth it, but I'm assuming that was at full price not at $699 and I get free checkup/reapplication for as long as I own the car with it.

Any thoughts on the protection plan at $699?
Told them I would let them know I'd make a decision by Friday afternoon on it.

Oh and here she is
Still has all the protective plastic from shipment on it.
Name:  DSC00535.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  103.0 KB
Name:  DSC00536.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  96.7 KB
Name:  DSC00534.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  122.4 KB

Can't wait till next week!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
I would still avoid the so called Protection Package. The paint sealer is nothing more than a wax job, and the interior protection is just Scotchgaurd fabric protector or something similar. Both of these can be done by you for much less. The undercoating is not necessary because the sheet metal comes pretty well protected from corrosion from the factory.

At $699, the dealer is making a huge profit on this type of package. At $1,300, it's an obscene profit!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats! Your pics reminded me of the first time I saw mine.

I dropped by the dealer with my girlfriend to see it a few days before the actual delivery date. From the green TOR label under the windshield I gather it had been swapped with a dealer from Toronto where a Blackberry Pearl, M/T LX trim hadn't been popular. It looked like it had sat outside on a rural lot for awhile, including during a heavy rain, as it had lots of dusty rain spots.

It looked awesome! I saw the BBP colour in real life for the first time, and I knew I'd been right to demand that colour (I almost walked out of negotiations when they first claimed they could only get black or white--no offence ). Just made the actual pickup of my Fit, seeing it all cleaned up and shiny, all that much more memorable.

You're gonna love it

I passed on extended warranty. I didn't get any oil changes or other freebies, but I did get a significant amount off MSRP.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 PM
$0 and 3.9% financing... what's your credit score? is it like 555555555 or something obscenely high.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
very nice

ill be going to go pick mine up in about an hour

TW too lol

Old 06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
congrats! wow! so many fits never seen so many fits in a dealer lot, when I bought mine there was only 2 and the other one was test driven by somebody else.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rpboy06
$0 and 3.9% financing... what's your credit score? is it like 555555555 or something obscenely high.
It's just a promo Honda Canada has going on now. I think 3.9% financing is actually the highest rate, for period over 5 years. I myself got 0 down, 0.9% over 3 years.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
ahhh ur gooing to shoot urself in the foot for getting automatic
but the paint protection crap is actually a product called xilon or xzilon, one of the two. its nice, it looks good and keeps ur car clean for a week or so and thats it. i wouldnt worry about it

Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
I could have gotten the 0.9% for 3 years as well, but wanted to keep the payments lower for now as I am getting married in Sept, and currently in the middle of moving. Wanted to wait until after the wedding to buy, but don't want an '09 so bit the bullet now. We'll be making higher payments later on but for now this option is keeping our payments a few hundred a month lower.

As far as the protection thing, I know it's NOT just scotch guard (I know a couple of the techs at the dealership), don't care about the undercoating (it's just included) and the paint thing is something that interests me due to the "spray" salt crap that they use here that gets on EVERYTHING on the few times a year that they do use it. It's like a liquid salt so it's not just effecting the undercarrage it gets kicked up like water all over your car and then turns to a really hard compound once it dries. The front of my work truck had to be re-painted after a winter of it this year.

The auto is for the wife as the car will be primarily for her and with having kids eventually she insisted on it, the paddle shifters are for me to make it a little bit more enjoyable.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
that sucks....

you guys have the tw fits up there.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by bitoy
congrats! wow! so many fits never seen so many fits in a dealer lot, when I bought mine there was only 2 and the other one was test driven by somebody else.
its like a little Fit Army... i loves it

Old 06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gigarange
I could have gotten the 0.9% for 3 years as well, but wanted to keep the payments lower for now as I am getting married in Sept, and currently in the middle of moving. Wanted to wait until after the wedding to buy, but don't want an '09 so bit the bullet now. We'll be making higher payments later on but for now this option is keeping our payments a few hundred a month lower.
Congrats on a different matter, too

My understanding is that unless you get the rate lowered later, i.e. your "cost of borrowing" is lower, there's no point paying it off sooner. They've already broken down your monthly payments based on the higher interest rate, so by giving them that money earlier, you're losing more and more interest as the months go by.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:57 PM
As far as the protection thing, I know it's NOT just scotch guard (I know a couple of the techs at the dealership), don't care about the undercoating (it's just included) and the paint thing is something that interests ...

Sorry, I didn't mean to pee in your Cheerios. You asked for any thoughts on the subject, so I gave you my opinion.

If you don't mind my asking, if it isn't a spray on fabric protector (like what ScotchGaurd is), then what is it?

Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
it is a spray on fabric protector, I never said it wasn't, I just said it is not scotch guard, that is a brand. I do not know exactly what it is, I just know that it is not scotch guard because I asked if it was.
I was told it is a Honda brand polymer spray on stuff is the jist of what it is.

And you didn't "pee in my cheerios" I was just answering what you said *shrug*.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 PM
As someone who used to apply these fine "after sale" services like paint sealer and undercoating.......
Forget it. It a complete waste of your money just like the third party extended warranty.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:27 AM
your lucky to have so many fits at 1 dealer... ive been waiting a month just for 1

Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member

took this pic last week, they have another lot accross the street that has about this many in it as well.

Even the salesman and women who looks after doing the financing at the dealership dosen't understand how the manager has gotten his hands on so many of the Fit's. And they have more comming on the 13th and 19th.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 AM
it is a spray on fabric protector, I never said it wasn't, I just said it is not scotch guard, that is a brand. I do not know exactly what it is, I just know that it is not scotch guard because I asked if it was.
I was told it is a Honda brand polymer spray on stuff is the jist of what it is.

And you didn't "pee in my cheerios" I was just answering what you said *shrug*.
No harm, no foul. I think we just misunderstood each other. In my first reply I wrote "...and the interior protection is just Scotchgaurd fabric protector or something similar. When you said it's not Scotchgaurd, I thought you meant it wasn't a spray on kind of thing.

Honda makes some pretty good car care products, and I'm sure their fabric protector is good stuff, but I still don't think the package is a good value.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Well after some debate, the replies here, and the advice of a guy I've known for a LONG time that works at this dealership...I am going to be passing on the protection plan. Guy I know said the only thing he feels is worth it is the undercoating because it helps reduce road noise and that I can get that cheaper somewhere else afterwards.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
The wait is over...

Picked up my Fit this morning!

left the dealer at 10:30am with 15 kms on it, and am now up to almost 100km already!

And had to stop and take a photo at the same spot I have a pic of every car I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: 1 more week!