General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Column up - enjoy

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Fit Column up - enjoy

Hi, all - I'm a writer, and I love my 2007 fit, so I pitched a column for The Auto Channel. I have the first two columns out, and thought you might enjoy them - you also might be a tough crowd, so any suggestions on what to cover and how to make it more interesting for Fit owners, I'd appreciate it!

Enjoy (I hope) - Michael

Here are the links:
Column 1 - A More Perfect Fit - Accessories that Won't Cost You and Arm and a Leg
Honda Fit: A More Perfect Fit, Fit Accessories That Won't Cost You and Arm and a Leg

Column 2 - A More Perfect Fit: Working Out the Bugs
A More Perfect Fit: Working Out the Bugs

Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I believe you have just sold me on, at least, a non-folding armrest. Dead pedal sounds nice but with a manual I find I wouldn't really use it that much and my foot never really gets uncomfortable. But the armrest sounds really good now.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Very good column. I look forward to reading more.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
it was a nice read. looking forward to more from you =]

Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Fitftw
it was a nice read. looking forward to more from you =]
agreed! Get bored and write more!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Very nice columns.

I enjoyed reading them and your writing style is both educational and entertaining.

As far as asking spouses before taking action, it is always better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission.

ez

Old 05-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I believe you have just sold me on, at least, a non-folding armrest. Dead pedal sounds nice but with a manual I find I wouldn't really use it that much and my foot never really gets uncomfortable. But the armrest sounds really good now.

DO NOT BUY THE CHEAP FOLDING ARMREST.

^^ read that again.

Not only was the "fit" poor - it broke within a few weeks, snapped at the base.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by storm88000

^^ read that again.

I didn't want the folding one...

Old 05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Isn't there an OEM center console/armrest--the japanese version we can import here and works great in the Fit?

I think there is--I was planning to order one if I had bought a 2008 Fit.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Cool FIXED based armrest ftw!!

Originally Posted by storm88000

^^ read that again.

Good advice..but after reading in the article about the non folding armrest having more storage space... I'm wanting the fixed armrest anyway! (Your added input just cements it!!)
I orig. thought the added versitility of a "folder" would be sweet... but I'm "over it".

~Rob

Old 05-30-2008, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I didn't want the folding one...
You'd be surprised. I use mine all the time.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Great writing - really enjoyed the review. I love Zeta Products although I had a problem last night with my Zeta Fit license plate bolts. I had went ahead and purchased the Mugen ones from Kings and was switching them out last night. The first one came out great but I was surprised at how rusty the bolt looked. It was orange! My car is kept in a parking garage during the day and in the garage at night and when not being driven. So I was a little surprised to see the rust. I went to remove the 2nd bolt and it would not come out. I got a pair of pliers and a towel which helped it get loosen but then suddenly the top of the bolt came off! Crap! Now my car is sitting with a half off license plate and a broken off bolt. I had some guys across the street offer to help but they did not have the right tools - I went next door to my neighbor who does wood work and carpentry- we got it out with a pair of vice grips. Then the new Mugen ones require an allen wrench which I don't owe but my neighbor had an extra one the correct size and gave it to me in case it needs to come off again. What was a simple change out took over an hour to do! Yikes! My neighbors kept asking me about the car and telling me how much they really liked it. But all I could think of was this is the reason I don't do my own mods! I only had those bolts for almost a year. I just had visions of driving down the road with a vanity plate that said "Fit 2 Go" and Mugen plate cover dangling sideways from the rear! Now that would have gotten a lot of laughs from the other car guys!

Cat :x

Old 05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Very well written and informative articles. Thanks. I just added the dead pedal to my car last week and, for me, it makes a drastic improvement in comfort to my Fit. I'm quite pleased.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dbcmaster
You'd be surprised. I use mine all the time.
Shit I didn't even see that you had one I would've liked to have tried it out last month.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Great articles and I enjoyed reading them!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mjklj
Hi, all - I'm a writer, and I love my 2007 fit, so I pitched a column for The Auto Channel. I have the first two columns out, and thought you might enjoy them - you also might be a tough crowd, so any suggestions on what to cover and how to make it more interesting for Fit owners, I'd appreciate it!

Enjoy (I hope) - Michael

Here are the links:
Column 1 - A More Perfect Fit - Accessories that Won't Cost You and Arm and a Leg
Honda Fit: A More Perfect Fit, Fit Accessories That Won't Cost You and Arm and a Leg

I enjoyed reading your articles. I saw the JDM console, while researching the purchase of my car, and decided that I HAD to have it. I ordered one from aj-r, and am VERY happy w/ it! Since I have a clutch, I have no real need for a dead pedal. BTW: It seems that great minds think alike...
'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/ minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deanwvu
Isn't there an OEM center console/armrest--the japanese version we can import here and works great in the Fit?

I think there is--I was planning to order one if I had bought a 2008 Fit.

yeah there is, and its really nice. but its pricey.

to the OP: good writing, and i liked the mary poppins' carpet bag comparison.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Nice, well-written articles. I also have the Zeta dead pedal and bug deflector on a blue Fit. Looks like a picture of my car there.
If you can edit the text, I did notice a typo regarding "and arm and a leg".
Keep them coming!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by mjklj

Enjoy (I hope) - Michael

Here are the links:

Those are good columns -- well written and informative. You ask for suggestions on what to cover in the future, so here's one: How using a few non-extreme, safe hypermiling techniques can help you save gas and therefore money. Maybe something like "5 tips for better gas mileage." You could probably get all of the background information you need out of the Eco-Fit forum.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by fittmann
I saw the JDM console, while researching the purchase of my car, and decided that I HAD to have it. I ordered one from aj-r, and am VERY happy w/ it!
Do you have a link to the JDM console?

Thanks,

Erik

Quick Reply: Fit Column up - enjoy