General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Fit Vtec =\

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Yep sure am I'm CORRECT
Jeez, just quit it before this thread gets locked.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
*Sigh*

I really don't have the energy to read what you just posted because I know that in the end, trying to reach any kind of mutual agreement is pointless.

I will not be going to this thread again.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Yep sure am I'm CORRECT
Huh?

Wouldn't it be awesome if we all actually could get along?
/dream
jk
Life would be pretty boring without some drama in it.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone posted correct information instead of leading other noobies astray with incorrect information???

Then it would be REAL boring because I would have less to post about and wouldn't that make the kiddies very bored because then they would have less to whine about.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
haha well everyone makes mistakes i guess..
that's why i don't post about things i'm unsure about.
yeah this forum would be boring without you claymore.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned
It's like this thread for example someone posted incorrect technical information and very simply and nicely with no editorial comments I posted the correct information directly from the Honda repair manual no doubt about it direct from Honda BUT that wasn't good enough for that person to accept and drive on they had to keep it going and going trying to spin that wrong information into something it wasn't and never would be correct. And I end up with all the **** bitching at my style.

I guess you guys think "hey it's the internet nobody cares if the information is correct or not anybody can post anything they want" but guess again if I see incorrect technical information I'm going to correct that misinformation.

You don't see me posting in the regular photo and other forums but I read every post every day except some of the classifieds but I keep an eye on the technical posts all the time.

It may come as a surprise (O my god...) to most of you (some people already know) but under the old set of owners I was offered more than once the position as "Technical Advisor" for Fitfreak with my own forum for technical posts. Wouldn't that have been a lighting rod "Claymores corner" or something like that.

But as you now may have figured out I turned it down every time for one reason.... all the bitching and whining that would have come with the job.

All the internet mechanics would be firing up their keyboards just for a chance to "have a go at claymore" even all the ones that have no clue what they are talking about.

AND I couldn't respond to the whining in my own inimitable style without hurting the Admin guys. That is the reason I VOLUNTEERED to relinquish my long time moderator post.

Despite all the backbiting rumors I was NOT asked to stop being a mod I left so I COULD RESPOND TO POSTS IN MY OWN STYLE AND LAUGUAGE and those that had been around long enough could have read in the forums exactly why I left being a mod but some of you continue to spread the rumor knowing it is not true.

Soooo I feel I "Owe it" to my friends among the former owners to "Keep an eye on the facts" in the technical posts for the sole reason of preventing some noobie from going to another website and posting something like "hey guys I saw on Fitfreak that the Fit doesn't have a two lobe system" that isn't what they say on Vtecnet or (insert your favorite site) I wonder which one is right. FitFreak has "The Rep" of being the best techincal Jazz/Fit site and I will be there everyday trying to keep it that way.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yes,
i love fit freak.
it's the best.
crsx was full of douches and 2nd gear grind, so i decided i didn't want one anymore haha.
i'm happy i came here.

oh, and i didn't know you used to be a mod..

Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member

left so I COULD RESPOND TO POSTS IN MY OWN STYLE AND LAUGUAGE

ok buddy, you just keep on responding in your own style and language. its seems effective enough....for no one to like you.

again, you can be the biggest wealth of info this site has to offer, but no one will give a shit if you are a jerk about it. (sorry man, you never politley correct anyone, you leave em out to dry. but it seems like you are on a mission. have fun.)

Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kyle.
haha well everyone makes mistakes i guess..
that's why i don't post about things i'm unsure about.
yeah this forum would be boring without you claymore.
PLEASE dont encourage this.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by eldaino
PLEASE dont encourage this.
you know it would be.
people arguing with him is somewhat,... exciting haha.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned
I was a mod for a long time and I have been here longer than almost everybody (there are some active graybeards around that have been on longer than me but not many). And I have read 99.9% of the posts excluding some of the classifieds and EVERY TECHNICAL POST yea that's right I went back when I came onboard years ago and started at the oldest post I could find and read them all. So when all the noobies show up and I say there are other posts on their subject and to search it's NOT a guess I have read their subjects already.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by eldaino
ok buddy, you just keep on responding in your own style and language. its seems effective enough....for no one to like you.

again, you can be the biggest wealth of info this site has to offer, but no one will give a shit if you are a jerk about it. (sorry man, you never politley correct anyone, you leave em out to dry. but it seems like you are on a mission. have fun.)
And who gives a pile of crap if you don't like me?? I'm a grown up not a kiddie in school who worries about if the other kids "Like me or not".

You tell me what is impolite about this post that started it all:

Can't get any better than this description DIRECTLY FROM THE HONDA REPAIR MANUAL:

VTEC System L15A1 engine

• The VTEC system changes the cam profile to correspond to the engine speed by the VTEC solenoid valve. It maximizes torque at low engine speeds and output at high engine speed.
  • The low lift cam is used at low engine speeds, and the high lift cam is used at high engine speeds.
Simple it DOES have both high and low cam lobes.

Perfect example of you running your gums about something you know nothing about.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
"Join Date: Aug 2005"
WOW!
i've never noticed you've been here that long haha
damn...
i was 13-14
haha

Old 06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kyle.
you know it would be.
people arguing with him is somewhat,... exciting haha.

well....oh hell, yeah you're right kyle it is! its downright hilarious.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
And who gives a pile of crap if you don't like me?? I'm a grown up not a kiddie in school who worries about if the other kids "Like me or not".

You tell me what is impolite about this post that started it all:

Can't get any better than this description DIRECTLY FROM THE HONDA REPAIR MANUAL:

VTEC System L15A1 engine
  • The VTEC system changes the cam profile to correspond to the engine speed by the VTEC solenoid valve. It maximizes torque at low engine speeds and output at high engine speed.
  • The low lift cam is used at low engine speeds, and the high lift cam is used at high engine speeds.
Simple it DOES have both high and low cam lobes.

Perfect example of you running your gums about something you know nothing about.

you obviously do, at least enough to respond. where is all this 'kiddie in school' stuff coming from? ok mr. mature pm, whatever you say, cause its really helping your case.

and yes, while that was your first post, you don't know how to 'discuss' with anyone without resorting to the onslaught of pm's or the I"M RIGHT YOUR WRONG and then the plethora of or or that come after it. again, you can be totally right, but your delivery leaves much to be desired. since we are all about assuming what stage in life everyone on this site is at, i really hope you don't have kids, becasue come the teenage years, they are going to hate your diplomacy skills.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Thats when the A/C compressor kicks off.
And I think VTEC is engaged at low rpms in our cars. As low as 2500rpms in 1/2 throttle or more.
the i-vtec is continual. My bro says below 4000rpm, the fit is actually torquier than his s2k. The old VTEC was black and white/on and off.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned
Especially a dual of wit with someone like you that has no clue. It's loads of fun in fact it's downright hilarious almost as good as your endless barrage of nonsensical questions that has expanded the supercharger post to bulging at the seams status. Now those are hilarious and very mirthful.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
"Mirthful"? Like looking back at the vocab, eh? Look this up: bombastic. You murder any form of punctuation when you're, oh, 'enlightening' us on our faults and misconceptions and once you begin defending yourself (which is really just your insulting others) your speech becomes so inflated!

Just love to laugh at our expense. All hail the high and mighty Claymore. He knows all and we, humble pawns, know nothing. Right. That's not the best attitude to be carrying around a welcoming forum like this.

And, sure, you let the newbies know that there is a search function, but maybe said newb doesn't want to look at a thread that's a few years old. Not everyone has read nearly every technical thread like you say you have. Do you realize how asinine you sound when you reply to them?

You always assume that we haven't a clue in the world and, for some reason only known to yourself, you think we do certain things to try to fit in. Haha. MOTOR. Now look at me! I said "motor"! I'm so cool, right guys? Haha. When was the reason behind nearly everything we do about impressing other people?

I hope this thread gets locked. Damn waste, I say.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Especially a dual of wit with someone like you that has no clue. It's loads of fun in fact it's downright hilarious almost as good as your endless barrage of nonsensical questions that has expanded the supercharger post to bulging at the seams status. Now those are hilarious and very mirthful.

BYAAHHHAAHAHAHAHHA! oh man clay, i gotta give it to ya! thanks for the laughs pal, i'll look forward to the ones that are sure to come in the future!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
We now know how the Honda Fit's VTEC system works.