General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Comming to the H-side

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Comming to the H-side

I don't own a Fit as of yet, I own a TC. I love the car and have done some modding to it. It is just I cant keep my foot out of it and so I get ulgy mpg's and I have a new baby and 2 doors suck for that.

I wasnt a big fan of the Fit for a while but they have really grown on me. I want to see if there is a good Fit community in the Seattle WA area.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I was never a big fan of the Scions. Like you were saying, for such a small car, I was disappointed by the reported MPG figures. Plus, the handling, I felt, was very sub-par. I think you will like the Fit. The MPG, definitely, but the fun to drive factor is much higher than the Tc (IMO). Good luck with the purchase.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
your car (t/c stock) grips harder than our fit, but it can't touch it in terms of body roll control or steering feel.

much to peoples dismay, the t/c is just a rebadged avenesis, a car not known for sporting pretensions.

plus the gearing on the t/c is horrible. wether in the auto or manual,highway cruising is a 4k+ ordeal.

you'll be very happy with the fit, and you'll enjoy a good amount of aftermarket support as well.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I have only been able to drive an auto fit, I am trying to find a manual to test drive. but they are so few and far between around here.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
You will most likely have to go in blindly on that one, unless a local forum member is willing to let you drive theirs. Good luck.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jman007
I don't own a Fit as of yet, I own a TC. I love the car and have done some modding to it. It is just I cant keep my foot out of it and so I get ulgy mpg's and I have a new baby and 2 doors suck for that.

I wasnt a big fan of the Fit for a while but they have really grown on me. I want to see if there is a good Fit community in the Seattle WA area.

dude go get that fit! but uh, as far as the Fit community aruond here..there are only about 3-5 of us who are really active in the area i guess you can say. but hey up north in BC theres a bunch of guys who have pretty nice fits.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jman007
I too am curious about community around here. While I know nothing about what kind of community exists... I do know I've only seen 1 fit (silver sport) on the road around where I live (around UW). It's almost disheartening.

If you do pursue the fit, I'd love to hear about your experiences doing so in this area. I'm not going to be in the market for one for a bit... and I have no idea which dealerships or salesmen are good bad evil awesome etc... (I'm scared of them all!)

Old 05-29-2008, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
hmm not sure about seattle but down south in tacoma/federal way area, i see atleast 2 a day now. its just most of the drivers are usually old people and very few "fitfreaks" i guess you can say

Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure about the Seattle scene, but in general, the Fit is relatively new in the US, so I find the community (regardless of where you are) to be a lot more tightly-knit, friendly, personable and grassroots than other H-car groups. I remember seeing local meets forming within what felt like days of the car's debut in the US. This is the first Honda I've ever owned where I've gotten waves, nods, honks, etc. from other Fit owners. Before this, I only experienced this type of camaraderie with Subaru owners.

And you will LOVE the Fit's doors and ease of access compared to your heavy longboard-style doors on the tC.

-Mike