General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Find out tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Find out tomorrow!

Just posting to introduce myself. Hate it when people just start randomly posting questions and stuff without introducing themselves first. I have been reading thru the forums for a couple of weeks now, and registered a few days ago and figured it was time to finally make my first post.

I live in Victoria, BC and my name is Tom.

I have been searching for a new car for a little while now. My Fiancee is still learning how to drive and only has her learners licence currently. Myself being mechanically inclined have been fine with my $200 beaters to get back and forth to work, but I want something reliable and easy to drive for her to finish learning on and to get her licence finally with, and ultimatly not want to worry about her breaking down somewhere once she is driving herself.

On my own I narrowed the search down to the Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, Hyundai Accent and the Ford Focus.

We were looking for something in the compact category, but with the space to have room to carry things, and in a few years children are in the plan, so something that is safe and has adequet room for the little ones was important, as was 4 doors.

In one day we both went and looked at and test drove all of them. The Fit was already at the top of the pack in my mind, but I wanted to make sure we looked at all of our options, and what the wife was comftorable in was also important.

Well as you can already probably guess, we have chosen the Fit, as it "Fits" our criteria almost perfectly.

We have been to the dealership twice now and I am happy with the price they have given me up to this point but have nothing concrete yet. We are going to be going down to the dealership again tomorrow to nail down a price and apply for financing.

We will be getting an AT Sport, the color is still undecided but I am leaning heavily towards white, but the wife likes black or purple, but will be happy with white, so we'll probably end up with white

Old 05-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Well, welcome to the forums first of all. Hope to see you around here allot.

Also good luck with the whole buying financing thing etc....

Old 05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the forums man! And nice choice choosing the Fit, you will not regret it.
Hope everything works out for you tomorrow!

Tyler

Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Welcome!

Since you're in Canada, a thought for you:

Don't bother with the sport package? Only really adds some appearance items, and all the functional stuff (like cruise control, etc.) is in the Canada-only LX package. Saves you $2000 vs. the sport?

Just a thought. I'm sure all the guys with Sports will weight in on this opinion...

BTW - here is the link for Honda Canada comparing the packages:

Honda Canada

Mike

Last edited by stendzme; 05-27-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Welcome to the forums man! And nice choice choosing the Fit, you will not regret it.
Hope everything works out for you tomorrow!
Tyler
+1 Glad you're w/ us fitfreaks!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the fourm! You have made a good choice and will enjoy it for many years to come, even with kids
Just a couple of things you may or may not thought of, I don't know hows the winter driving condition in Vic, if the dealer try to sell you rust proofing or under coating, turn it down. New cars should not need any of those old rust prevention treatments, just make sure you wash the car when you had driven on salted roads. Also I found the down side for the Fit is the paint, it is very thin and easily chipped, so it might be worth while for some type of paint protection. Just something for you to keep in mind.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, wasn't expecting replies this fast lol

I realize that the sport basically add's appearence stuff but it does also add the paddle shifters on the auto. And at a price difference of approx $1800 on what I've gotten for prices OTD I'm willing to pay it as I'd be adding MOST of those appearence things anyways, about the only thing that I don't "need" is the wheels, but the sport wheels are a much nicer alternative to the hubbcaps while I save up some money and decide on wheels.

Oh and with regards to the weather, it's basically rain. No way the dealer would be able to sell me any sort of rust prooffing etc. We have some snow but it's rare.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
welcome to fitfreak.net

looking forward to seeing more of ya fit later on.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Welcome to FF

I hope everything goes well. The Fit is an awesome car you wont regret buying

Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by stendzme
Welcome!

Since you're in Canada, a thought for you:

Don't bother with the sport package? Only really adds some appearance items, and all the functional stuff (like cruise control, etc.) is in the Canada-only LX package. Saves you $2000 vs. the sport?

Just a thought. I'm sure all the guys with Sports will weight in on this opinion...

BTW - here is the link for Honda Canada comparing the packages:

Honda Canada

Mike
exactly why i got the LX

Old 05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
well, turns out the guy I like to deal with won't be in tomorow...going to be waiting until next week instead. But they do have several AT Sports in stock 2 white, 2 black, 1 gray and 1 blue one, and have another 1 white, 1 grey and 1 black comming in on June 13th.

If I was getting a MT I probably wouldn't get the sport, but with getting the AT I feel it's worth it. There is also the little bit better stereo etc with the sport as well. I don't plan to do anything stereo wise or interior wise to this so haveing that stock will be nice.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
When you get it, be sure and post some pics!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on making a great decision - you will love your Fit. Hope all works out for the deal you want and that you'll have that new Fit sitting in your driveway really soon.

Cat : x

Old 05-27-2008, 08:22 PM
congrats! we've had a fit as our company vehicle for over a year now and its been great! I plan on buying one (or a civic) for myself as well. Great cars!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
welcome to Fitfreak man!

im not sure how it is in canada but dont they not sell white fits anymore?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitftw
welcome to Fitfreak man!

im not sure how it is in canada but dont they not sell white fits anymore?
i know in the US they only came out with the TW in 07. Discontinued after 1 year
but welcome to Fitfreak, best Forum ive been on. Lots of people here willing to help and voice their opinions when and when not needed

Old 05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
In Canada we still have TW, and as far as I know all of the colors that I've read about. The orange and red's don't seem to be very common though.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
sweet. congrats! -and welcome.

that pretty much covers all the bases.

Oh, and +1 as a welcome gesture.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
couldn't help but stop by the dealership on my way home tonight with the wife.

They have a few in stock

Atleast 3 of those white ones in the back are sports.

they also have 5 more out front and another 4 or 5 in there lot accross the street.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
welcome to the forums! haha that dealership has like 18 fits in that picture.

Quick Reply: Find out tomorrow!