General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Hood Deflector Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Hood Deflector Problems

Do you own one? Does it work?

Mine doesn't work. Meaning: bugs everywhere on the windshield, same as before I installed the deflector. I can't imagine how anyone could screw up the installation. Has anyone else had this experience?

I asked Zeta to take it back and this is what I got:

"Sorry to hear you do not like the deflector. We have sold hundreds with complete satisfaction! We will take it back but unfortunately we will have to charge a Twenty Percent (20%) restock fee due to the fact that the item cannot be resold."

This kind of defies my own logic because if you're charging a fee to restock the item... you intend to resell it. But whatever... I just want a hood deflector that works, and I don't want Zeta to screw me out of $20 for the service of throwing the deflector in their dumpster. Thoughts?

Old 05-14-2008, 02:40 AM
Banned
If your Zeta Products Honda Fit hood deflector is still on your hood after a freeway drive, you put it on right.

There are no other bug shields/hood deflectors made for the Fit. and no bug shield can be 100% effective. I wrote the DIY thread for the deflectors being sold by Zeta Products, and I persuaded Angelo at Zeta to try to obtain his distributorship. Your deflector can't be resold as new equipment, so Zeta will just throw it away. "Restocking fee" is a blanket term and it is routine for any retail business to add this charge when they take back used merchandise. Many retailers will not take back auto accessories that are used, and it is to Zeta's credit that they offer any refund at all.

You may have had unrealistic expectations of your deflector, but while it will not prevent ALL bugs from hitting your windshield, it will prevent all rocks from hitting your hood paint in the area that the deflector covers right now. The deflector that I have owned since May of' '07 prevents most, but not all, bug hits on the windshield, and absolutely prevents all rock chips on the leading edge of the hood.

Your hood deflector will be much more effective against bugs by the end of June.

Last edited by manxman; 05-14-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 AM
If it were me i would probably just try to sell the product as used. If you are not satisfied with the product, selling it when almost new will reap the highest profit, though it may end up being lower than the cost of the item minus the 20% fee (which is pretty standard by the way). If you can sell it locally at least you will not have to deal with the cost and hassle of shipping. Wish i could be of more help, but all i can say is no product is intended to please everyone.