General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

All four wheels stolen off my week old VBP FIT SPORT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:44 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Rust. Disks will do that pretty quickly. Get your disks wet and let the car sit for 1 week and it will look like that. Usually you don’t see it because you are driving it and the brakes clean them.
actually, if you just get it wet with a hose or something and let it dry (~15 minutes or so?) you will see the rust right away. like after you've washed your car.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Jesus Christ you guys live in some shady-ass places. :X

... Then again I do live in the safest city in America.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y2ks2k

I’ve had quite lot of people over the past week say "those are awesome rims" and I agree. There’s a LOT of people out there that would jack them for their own Honda's.

Yeah I have had this too. They are the new desired rim since every other fanboy has Blades, Fat Fives, and Si's. Now everyone wants Sport wheels to stand out from the rest of the crowd. I posted mine for sale on the NW honda forum and I had like 30 emails from different people in about 5 hours. When I posted my FN01R-C I went 2 months without a single inquiry.

Sad to see you get jacked like that. I would say get yourself a sensitive alarm and a high powered rifle so you can tag the asshats in the back as they run.
Thats why I have this next to my bed at all times.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I have an Alpine alarm on my prelude that goes off very easy!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm picking up my Fit Sport Tonight. It already has factory wheel locks. Are the wheels still being stolen with the locks? Or is this generally just the unsecured wheels?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by NEK FIT
Thieves like that, if caught, should be publicly humiliated. I like the idea of bringing back the stocks -- you know, the wooden restraint that you have to stick your head and hands through, and then people can laugh and pelt your asinine head with rotten eggs and fruit.
Or they could do like Singapore & cane his a$$! (Remember that American kid that got beaten for stealing mercedes hood emblems??)
The second time they steal cut off their hands like the arabs do!!

Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by gofastredfit
Or they could do like Singapore & cane his a$$! (Remember that American kid that got beaten for stealing mercedes hood emblems??)
The second time they steal cut off their hands like the arabs do!!
oh man do i remember that. i heard from a history teacher of mine that it hurts so bad that with the first hit your body goes into shock and you pass out. that sounds like a great punishment for thieves.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Theives are the second lowest form of life on earth next to baby rapers IMO. Thus why they deserve the worst punishment available at the given time they are caught.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wuze

Amen to that! The other day I was washing my car, with the radio on, when I got thirsty. So open the door, pull the key real quick and then ran inside to grab some water. I left the door open because, hey, I'm only going to be gone for two, maybe three, minutes. I come back and not only has my door been closed, but the doors are locked!!! Apparently, someone walking by saw my door wide open and decided to close it for me. LOL

It's a good change from living in San Diego, where my stereo system was stolen out of my truck 3 times in two years. One of which they couldn't get the head unit out, so they just kicked it until I couldn't use it anymore.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:54 PM
[quote=Flyin172s;371642]...someone walking by saw my door wide open and decided to close it for me. LOL[quote]

i cant say i live in the safest area but i dont live in fear of not seeing my car every time i go to sleep. but i do have the best protection system known to man kind.

my next door neighbor is some where in his 80's and has nothing better to do than sit in his garage and watch everything that happens around his house. usually my car gets pretty hot (nhbp with no tint in texas weather is like a sauna mid day) so before i leave for work i start the car and lower the windows to get all of the hot air out. one day i rolled my windows down started the car and went back inside to put on my shoes. when i came out my neighbor was standing behind my car facing the street... i didnt want to be rude because he is a pretty cool dude so i said hi, asked him how he was doing and why he was next to my car. he told me that some civic drove by really slow and they were eyeing my car and he didnt like the way they were looking at it so he stepped in to save the day.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
haha old neighbors FTW! I have some now at my new house. Its great. ADT hasn't got anything on them.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=F'it_ImFromTx;371710][quote=Flyin172s;371642]...someone walking by saw my door wide open and decided to close it for me. LOL

My next door neighbor is some where in his 80's and has nothing better to do than sit in his garage and watch everything that happens around his house. usually my car gets pretty hot (nhbp with no tint in texas weather is like a sauna mid day) so before i leave for work i start the car and lower the windows to get all of the hot air out. one day i rolled my windows down started the car and went back inside to put on my shoes. when i came out my neighbor was standing behind my car facing the street... i didnt want to be rude because he is a pretty cool dude so i said hi, asked him how he was doing and why he was next to my car. he told me that some civic drove by really slow and they were eyeing my car and he didnt like the way they were looking at it so he stepped in to save the day.
that is priceless!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, man, that sucks majorly. I should be picking up my NHBP Fit Sport in a week or two (thanks RMV!). Anyway, I live in a pretty dicey part of town. Looks like I need to get at least the wheel locks, and look in to investing in a full-blown security system.

Man, I've driven Hondas for years and years now, and never had a problem with anything being stolen. This is depressing.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
When I get my Fit I'm selling the stock wheels for an aftermarket set on day 1 LOL! My civic has a set of McGuard Splinedrive lugnuts with a weight matched lock. I have 2 keys to remove the wheels.... which are knockoffs anyway. :P I also have a lockbox bolted onto my floorboard to keep the wheel keys locked up. The Clifford paging alarm and a .45 protect the rest. I didn't go with the Gorilla spline lugnuts because anyone can go to Discount Tire and buy a key for about 5 bucks.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wuze

yah, socal is real safe... sure. or are you in FL? got any alligators eating
at your car yet?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by D50boy
When I get my Fit I'm selling the stock wheels for an aftermarket set on day 1 LOL! My civic has a set of McGuard Splinedrive lugnuts with a weight matched lock. I have 2 keys to remove the wheels.... which are knockoffs anyway. :P I also have a lockbox bolted onto my floorboard to keep the wheel keys locked up. The Clifford paging alarm and a .45 protect the rest. I didn't go with the Gorilla spline lugnuts because anyone can go to Discount Tire and buy a key for about 5 bucks.
After reading your entry, I just went and looked up those Splinedrive lug nuts. For $80.00, that looks like a pretty good deal to me! (They even come in black to match the car!) I was going to get the Honda wheel locks, but I think I'll go with these. (I think they would fit on the Fit Sport regular alloy wheels, correct?)

Every time I read this site, I have more questions!

Last edited by Stadol; 07-21-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stadol
(I think they would fit on the Fit Sport regular alloy wheels, correct?)
Not from what I can tell. It looks like they only sell cone seat lugs. Honda OEM wheels use ball seat lugs. The cone seat lugs won't have enough of a contact patch with the wheel to be safe.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lurker_Fit
Not from what I can tell. It looks like they only sell cone seat lugs. Honda OEM wheels use ball seat lugs. The cone seat lugs won't have enough of a contact patch with the wheel to be safe.
Ah, fudge. OK, well I will just have to look for something that will fit the alloy wheels. (Maybe I will have to get the Honda locks until I get some different shoes.)

My car is going to be delivered in about an hour. So excited!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yea.. sorry I should have mentioned the seat difference. Aftermarket wheels will need the aftermarket lugnuts. Honda ones have the rounder seats.... go with those... just keep the keys in a hudden area of the car! I've heard of people having to replace both their windows as well as their stolen wheels after leaving the key in the glovebox or with the spare tire. McGards in my avitar

Last edited by D50boy; 07-22-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by D50boy
Oh yea.. sorry I should have mentioned the seat difference. Aftermarket wheels will need the aftermarket lugnuts. Honda ones have the rounder seats.... go with those... just keep the keys in a hudden area of the car! I've heard of people having to replace both their windows as well as their stolen wheels after leaving the key in the glovebox or with the spare tire. McGards in my avitar
Yeah, I'll be getting the Honda locks sometime next week. Until then, I'm parking my car in a secure lot where noone can see it! Not sure that I will keep the extra keys actually on the car...probably hidden in the house somewhere.

Thanks for your advice and help...as a definite newbie here, I appreciate it!