General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

All four wheels stolen off my week old VBP FIT SPORT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
That really suxs...and to only have the car for a week makes it that much worse.

If anyone ever thinks about removing or messing with any of our vehicles, I have the theft deterant system below and a couple of cans of brass to make sure they do not come back. Nice thing about living outside of town...

My Garand was manufactered in June of 1944. Not sure how much it was used in WWII or Korea, but although it is more than 60 yrs old - it is something you wouldn't want to mess with. Had an old inline 6 cylinder block one time and the regular round will go 3/4 of the way through the block at about forty yards.

Best of luck with everything.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
this pisses me the hell off. Like rodrez in the latest honda tuning said, its amazing how lotuses, bimmers and porsches can sit in a public place with ease, yet our little hondas get targeted.

I had a buddy of mine go to a meet a while back and he said he saw an eg with our fit sport rims. apparently, they are popular. but man, just go to a flipping honda accesories website and buy the damn things yourself!

very sorry to everyone who has had to go through this.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
do you guys buy 1 set of lock nuts? or 4 sets so.. they each have different keys? im thinking of doing that

Old 05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Full tank of gas- 40$
Window Tint- 140$
Leaving your car parked in the hood-Priceless

Name:  IMG_0522.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  67.4 KB

Old 05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
looks like a decent place to me, remember it doesnt matter where you are douche bags are all around.

Vince there is a set like this
GORILLA AUTOMOTIVE WHEEL LOCK SYSTEMS™ - JCWhitney Auto Parts
im actually thinking of buying this set now

Old 05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
That happened to me back in 1995 with my del Sol Si that I had. I got brand new 16" rims (which were HUGE for those days) and they stole them. I also had the most sensitive Clifford alarm you could buy at the time. I could lightly kick my wheel and it would chirp. They still got them off. I can totally see that happening with the Fit wheels since they are awesome looking rims. Best thing you can seriously do is get a few sets of really good wheel locks. If they are experts, they are gonna get them no matter what.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
sorry to hear that :T thats so shady

Old 05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by i like guitars
looks like a decent place to me, remember it doesnt matter where you are douche bags are all around.

Vince there is a set like this
GORILLA AUTOMOTIVE WHEEL LOCK SYSTEMS™ - JCWhitney Auto Parts
im actually thinking of buying this set now
Yeah scared me into action as well only I got these.

Gorilla Automotive 38433N - Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems - summitracing.com

Old 05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
The factory alarm is not that sensitive; you can kick the car( not advisable ) and the alarm won't even go off. My wheels were almost stolen until a fellow Honda driver ( he drives a '08 Civic Si ) saw the thief and somehow scared him off. This happened to me at school and I park on the streets. They tried to steal it in broad day light!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:38 PM
i to feel your pain when i first got my civic somone broke in to it lol let me tell you one thing if i would of heard them wail thay were doing it i would have shot all of them no warning

Old 05-09-2008, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that. if you want to buy some new wheels, check these out:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...s-w-tires.html

also, what's all that yellow on your discs?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by Burbio
sorry to hear that. if you want to buy some new wheels, check these out:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...s-w-tires.html

also, what's all that yellow on your discs?
Rust. Disks will do that pretty quickly. Get your disks wet and let the car sit for 1 week and it will look like that. Usually you don’t see it because you are driving it and the brakes clean them.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
wtfwtfwtf!

im buying an alarm right now!
this sux!
shock sensor ftw

Last edited by billmus86; 05-09-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
skunk2 forged lug nuts

here a re some good lugs

Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by BunnyHopper1981
Sorry to hear about your loss. All the wheels were stolen off my Fit too... back in Feb of '07. Then I got Wheel Locks... a few months later, bastard came back and my window got smashed in with a basketball-sized rock, he must've climbed in through the window... my glove compartment was cleaned out, the bastard also used the rock to smash in my Shifter causing major issues which resulted in me not being able to take my key out of the ignition because the Shifter was extremely suppressed and could no longer be shifted into Park. The factory alarm eventually came on and honked after the bastard triggered it by getting out of the car to open the hatch.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, getting wheel locks would most likely piss the thief off, which I believe occurred in my situation. The thief couldn't conveniently take the wheels again so decided to damage my car and take anything of value possible.

This was all done on my own driveway!

Anyways, I ended up installing the Viper 5900, which is the 2-Way Paging system, equipped with Shock Sensor, a Motion Sensor that warns, and Internal Squacker. It's been working out well. I know when someone's too close to the car anytime I'm within a mile of the car.

Most recently, the bastard came back for the 3rd time!!!!! The Motion Sensor picked it up, and let's just say he couldn't run any faster when he saw me.

My advice... get it fully equipped if you plan on "keeping" your Fit in more ways than one. It's worth the extra bucks, especially if you live in or around a major city.

I'm now ALWAYS prepared for the next potential theft/vandalism.

1st time

2nd time

Hell yeah dude. That system looks sweet. I think i'm going to go Viper (something) for my security system. I didn't know it can pick up with a motion sensor. That's great. I'm going to get one with that. I thought mine was bad, your's up on the jack like that is crazy. I'm getting an "Insured by Glock" sticker too! lol

Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Heres my picture from 1995. This was my old 1995 Honda del Sol VTEC. Its a bad pic but there werent to many digital options back then.
Looks like the picture has had some kind of data disintegration

Its held up by 4 Honda jacks.

Last edited by y2ks2k; 05-10-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
ouch. that sucks.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I still can't believe my Honda salesman could ask me why I was "wasting" money to buy wheel locks for my Fit - Sorry to hear about this and hope your car is back on the road soon with new shoes. I would definitely invest in a better car alarm and wheel locks.

Cat :x

Old 05-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
I still can't believe my Honda salesman could ask me why I was "wasting" money to buy wheel locks for my Fit - Sorry to hear about this and hope your car is back on the road soon with new shoes. I would definitely invest in a better car alarm and wheel locks.

Cat :x

I’ve had quite lot of people over the past week say "those are awesome rims" and I agree. There’s a LOT of people out there that would jack them for their own Honda's.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Next time get wheel locks and make a custom invisible DC electric fence to zap people for a split second and scare the hell out of them.

Quick Reply: All four wheels stolen off my week old VBP FIT SPORT!!!!