General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

All four wheels stolen off my week old VBP FIT SPORT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
damn... man i think if i walked out and saw that... i would cry at least your insurence is taking care of it... i recomend wheel locks... have them on mine... and just an idea... i keep mine covered... my cover makes the car relatively unidentifyable... maybe that would help? idk might be mroe of a target... let us know if any thing turns up... i hope those thieves get raped up the ass with a set of chrome 26"s lol thats what they deserv

Old 05-07-2008, 11:48 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
What a drag, sorry you have to go thru this hassle. It sure has been a bad week for N.A. Fits!!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I would say any audio shop has alarms.

I used to have one on my accord and sometime it would go off if the wind hit it right.

I am getting one as soon as I can, along with locking lugs now that I see this picture and have the same car it worries me!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 PM
nmz
damn sucks so bad

Old 05-07-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
o recommend getting wheel locks.

someone has already tried to steal my wheels off my fit, but all they did was scuff up my locks.

no biggy heh.

i recommend rays, old spoon wheel locks, and gorrilla.

try getting locks not everyone has, that too has a benifit. heh

like mxgt89 said, the oem wheels are heavy and dumb offset, rock yourself some super nice aftermarket wheels. this is your chance to upgrade heh

Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

holy fack...they didnt even bother puttin donuts on. left yo $hit on cinder blocks. DAMMMN and only two. That sucks man
OEM LOCKS should work

Old 05-08-2008, 02:22 AM
OMG, this is making me worry about my wheels now. I'm considering rays lock along with the stock locks. This is getting really rediculious! I park my car next to a light with motion sensors. Dunno if that's going to help though. I also wonder why people want Stock Fit OEM wheels, I just kept mine in the garage. I'm not gonna selling them so I won't be ending up buying them back from other people.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:34 AM
i would say if you get after market wheel locks try to stray away from anything made of aluminum. the rays locks are decent but any wheel lock made of aluminum is soft enough for any regular socket to be hammered on to it. my friend took his mazda 3 to some ghetto tire shop to have the locks removed because he lost the key and thats how they did it.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 AM
I have ARP Extended wheel studs on both my cars.. With the extended wheel studs you have to drill out the center of the wheel lock. This extra step makes it extra hard for thieves to steal your wheels.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
thats a total bummer

theres no real demand for these sport wheels are there???
why would sum1 want them

Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by dickiez
thats a total bummer

theres no real demand for these sport wheels are there???
why would sum1 want them

mr dickiez sir. there was another thread about stolen wheels and he posted pictures of a civic coupe using OUR fit lip spoiler and our stock fit wheels...

Old 05-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by QuickGD3
mr dickiez sir. there was another thread about stolen wheels and he posted pictures of a civic coupe using OUR fit lip spoiler and our stock fit wheels...
that is not cool at all... im kind of curious to see how our front lip looks on a civic though.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by F'it_ImFromTx
that is not cool at all... im kind of curious to see how our front lip looks on a civic though.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/flor...n-morning.html

here is the thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
Wheel locks help to a degree! Making them unique to a point where they would stick like sore thumb if stolen is even better! If anybody ever swipes mine I will post theft info on as many forums as I could find!
They would be found rather quickly!

Talk to your insurance. For the price dealer charges for those OEM's, you could get a nice set of aftermarket ones and even save some money to them. If they do cut you a check, Mx6GT89 is right, shop for aftermarket ones yourself, too!
Be thankful they did not just drop it on the ground. Two cinder blocks are better than none. It looks like they even made an effort to balance it! LOL! They are not pro's, just kids that like Fit in general. Look for Base with Sport wheels in your neighborhood!

Ivan

Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
sorry about your wheels. i hate hearing stories like this.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry about your wheels but the insurance coverage on stock wheels probably will cover a really nice set of aftermarket wheels.
For security there are a couple of good type wheelnuts that are more difficult to remove without special tools. Mr Lugnut is a good source.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I've got the OEM wheel locks on but more importantly, I've got an alarm with a tilt sensor. Setting the shock sensor too high means that (as someone said earlier) wind and cars with big exhausts will set it off which pisses people off and you get keyed. With the tilt sensor, it records the angle your car is parked at when the alarm is set. If someone jacks it up to get at the wheels or haul it onto a flatbed, the alarm senses the change in angle and goes off. 2 way pager doesn't hurt either in case you're in a mall or something and can't see the car.

I've got one of the VIPER series. They're pretty good but I'd consider going to one of the COMPUSTAR systems.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:44 PM
We have something in common.

Sorry to hear about your loss. All the wheels were stolen off my Fit too... back in Feb of '07. Then I got Wheel Locks... a few months later, bastard came back and my window got smashed in with a basketball-sized rock, he must've climbed in through the window... my glove compartment was cleaned out, the bastard also used the rock to smash in my Shifter causing major issues which resulted in me not being able to take my key out of the ignition because the Shifter was extremely suppressed and could no longer be shifted into Park. The factory alarm eventually came on and honked after the bastard triggered it by getting out of the car to open the hatch.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, getting wheel locks would most likely piss the thief off, which I believe occurred in my situation. The thief couldn't conveniently take the wheels again so decided to damage my car and take anything of value possible.

This was all done on my own driveway!

Anyways, I ended up installing the Viper 5900, which is the 2-Way Paging system, equipped with Shock Sensor, a Motion Sensor that warns, and Internal Squacker. It's been working out well. I know when someone's too close to the car anytime I'm within a mile of the car.

Most recently, the bastard came back for the 3rd time!!!!! The Motion Sensor picked it up, and let's just say he couldn't run any faster when he saw me.

My advice... get it fully equipped if you plan on "keeping" your Fit in more ways than one. It's worth the extra bucks, especially if you live in or around a major city.

I'm now ALWAYS prepared for the next potential theft/vandalism.

1st time

2nd time

Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
dam...

thats all the words i can say.

shit all the cars here in sd that get stolen go to tj. so unless i know in time, my shit will already be stripped and down in mexico!

i had the old spoon locks. but lost the key, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get off.

the jamming of the tools didnt work.

i mean i think it was like a 14.5 9 point key something like that, and it was super hard to get off. when i was selling my mf10ls...lucky i ran into someone who had the key. he said he owned the key for like 7 years.

i got super lucky.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
GODDAMN that E'ffin sucks. At least insurance will pick everything up, but why a fit?! it doesnt make sense...

Quick Reply: All four wheels stolen off my week old VBP FIT SPORT!!!!