General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

We all drive a "girls" car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
no wonder my wife wants my cars so bad... FitSport and my Cooper-S.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, it's probably more of an economic thing than anything else. Women typically earn less than men, so they'll look for more affordable cars. Women also tend to be more practical and will want reliability, so the Honda Fit "fits" the bill.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Just because females want a good mpg sedan with good insurance rates and excellent reliability, which says FIT from the guys, why is that a girl's car? If more girls than guys bought Fits you could say that but I don't thin thats the case. Hey, consider it the ultimate flattery when they want to drive the car you do. So far we haven't had a Fit come with a female driver but thats gotta happen sometime. Now let's talk about females with Civics ...

Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmrevelations
Also that might be as in who is registered to the car... I cant speak for everyone but the one that me and my wife own is in her name.... agian i cant speak for everyone but I have a bad driving record (being young and streetruns) so insurance is like 3 times more with my name on the registration...
Ditto, my fiance has it in her name because I was applying for a BIG mortgage on my own and I didn't want to comprimse it. Long story..... but bottom line is it skews the numbers.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gummyrabbit
Unfortunately, it's probably more of an economic thing than anything else. Women typically earn less than men, so they'll look for more affordable cars. Women also tend to be more practical and will want reliability, so the Honda Fit "fits" the bill.

yah, but most women out there probably earn more than most of you guys here.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
ehhh the list is off IMO.

but than again the fit is kinda "cute"

(no homo)

Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I always see dudes in Fits. Kinda makes me mad.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
I've only seen 2 young women driving a Fit, another who was probably 16 and had it bought for her. The only other women I see driving this car are old ones. I think most of the statistic is coming from that. I see far more "girls" driving black Jettas than anything else here in CT. Though most girls here get expensive luxury cars bought for them on their 16th birthdays than anything else.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
since a lot of us are guys, we are living proof that men drive the fit.

i still think that the T/C takes the cake as the number one driven by a girl-car.

The problem is, those types of chicks probably don't browse yahoo autos. (man that is so assuming! )

I have seen 2 tc's in my life driven by guys. and safe to say, one sees A LOT of T/C's.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I've only seen 2 young women driving a Fit, another who was probably 16 and had it bought for her. The only other women I see driving this car are old ones. I think most of the statistic is coming from that. I see far more "girls" driving black Jettas than anything else here in CT. Though most girls here get expensive luxury cars bought for them on their 16th birthdays than anything else.

its all those birds on mtv's 'my super sweet sixteen' eh?

i think i've seen quite a few episodes where the girls are from your state, or the generalized northeast of the U.S.

don't feel bad guys. if you do, you are saying in a weird way that girls are kinda sucky, and second of all....its not important. this isn't consumer reports or anything, yahoo autos is a very poor indication of who drives the fit...all its indicitive of is who drives the fit that ALSO is on yahoo autos.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Again I say who cars look at it another one than I put it last time if more girls are driving a fit gives a greater chance of meeting a hot chick at a meet

Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Better to drive a car that is 80.4% driven by women than a H2 which is 98% driven by poorly endowed men.

I have a bumper sticker on my Festiva that reads "I Drive A Small Car 'Cause I Have A Big Weiner"

Old 05-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Ihh IS Jaaaarome!
5 Year Member
so the girls love us!!!...

Old 05-06-2008, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
that is true...i think all the girls i know think my car is cute.

4th of july was a blast picking up chicks in my car

Old 05-07-2008, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
yeahh i love my carr! Im disappointed because almost everyone here doesnt care about their car... I flash people on the streets who own a fit and they all ignore me :*(

Old 05-07-2008, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
oh, another thread that i just feel obligated to reply to

i rarely see ANY fits, and when i do, they're gray-haired men. i've seen one other girl in a SSM and that was IT. she even waved!!!

us fit chicks rock and FWIW, my reasons for buying it were exactly the reasons they'd mentioned, reliability, versatility, etc. only now i do wish i had the fundage to mod it out (and since i'm a girl, it'll take me a while harharhar).

Old 05-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Now being a girl I say this is true.

I like the Jetta and of course the Beetle but the Fit is practical!!

I used to have a 03 Accord Coupe and it was a hot car, but it wasn't practical for my 2 dogs and hauling stuff back and forth to college.

I have only seen girls drive a Fit so far (besides my boy driving mine) where I live. Theres a girl in my apt complex that has a silver base, and yesterday at work I talked to an older lady with the Orange Sport.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by jrose29
So i saw this on yahoo today. Top 10 cars driven by women. Guess what is #1......Honda Fit.

From the article:

Our all-inclusive list of vehicles with the highest percentage of female primary drivers includes some of the smallest, least expensive cars available, such as the Honda Fit, Kia Spectra and Toyota Yaris. The Fit tops our list encompassing both luxury and non-luxury vehicles, with 80.46 percent driven primarily by women. Go to the accompanying slideshow for the full list.

Here is a link to the article:
What-Women-Want-Female-Drivers-10-Favorite-Vehicles- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

What do you guys...and girls...think about this.
I knew it! The Toyota Yaris.... a face only a mother could love.

It's not what you drive...... it's what drives you.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Injundon
Better to drive a car that is 80.4% driven by women than a H2 which is 98% driven by poorly endowed men.

I have a bumper sticker on my Festiva that reads "I Drive A Small Car 'Cause I Have A Big Weiner"
Spot on! I can't stand Hummers, period!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
The Fit in totally stock form and at stock ride height is pretty girly.

But I can't get over what a difference lowering, wheels, and general modding does to change the look and visual character of this car. At that point the Fit hangs with the best of them.

Unfortunately I think Honda took that demographic data to an extreme with the design of the 09 Fit-- which in my view is even more girly-appeal designed.

Quick Reply: We all drive a "girls" car