General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Business cards

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Business cards

I know this has been discussed in here before, but is there anybody willing to make custom business cards for FitFreak? This way, we can attract more people into our community every time we see one parked. Just wondering, but I think it's a lost idea and wanted to bring it back up.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Retired Moderator
I honestly think this is a excellent idea.
I think it would really be worth it to the site to go through with a buisness card idea.

Tyler

Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
if they're not already on here then i doubt they care enough to join. i see grips of fits daily, maybe around 5, and 0 have any mods. barely 1 out of those 5 even have tint. i'll talk to people i see with fits and 99.9% of the time they DGAF about cars. they either care about a nice car they can afford and/or mpg. the fits sudden spike in popularity is a direct result of the economy. most of us on here are students, another good portion are young families just starting out and i'd say the others are older folks who may have been into cars when they were younger before they started families and now that kids are gone downsizing from larger vehicles and know a great car when they see one.

so, no, i don't think fitfreak.net requires a need to print biz cards. if you ever happen to see a nice fit that you don't already know then just leave a note keep a pen and some junk receipt paper trash envelope in your car.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Honestly, these things sometimes work, but are usually more annoying to the people who receive them. I think the internet is pretty standard these days and so are forums, so if they want to, they will find us!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
i can make them if you need em, not sure what you want give me some pics, idea and ill start something if you want.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Well I mean, I just want to see if people are interested in them first. If nobody is, then why bother right?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i wish people would not put crap on my car. if the person was interested
in visiting the forums, i think they would have no problem finding this
site. i didn't. i just yahoo'ed.

i find these damn cleaners/painters/roofer's business cars on my windshield
or on my driver's door rammed into the seal sometimes. get away from the
car you damn _____ <= you fill in.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
i think they would benefit the site if used correctly... obv. not in an obnoxious way, maybe put sumthing witty in the card... im not creative enough to come up with anythign right now but if some one can come up with a complimenting catch phrase that might works idk just my 2 cents lol

Old 05-02-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
*shrugs* I'm 50/50 on it. I hate when people put things on my car, but at the same time, it's because 99.5% of the time, it's crap that doesn't pertain to me. A Fit owner getting a card about a Fit board might not be quite so irritating.

That said, when I see another Fit on the road, I try to get ahead of them a bit...just so they can see the FitFreak.net sticker on my back window. In fact, I saw a nice base MR Fit yesterday on my drive home on I-465 here in Indy. Driven by a younger guy with tint, so I wonder if I made an impression on a future FitFreaker?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
^^ yah, suppose that might be true.

always feels like my car was violated when someone other than
a car guy comes over and touches my cars.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:18 PM
If you want a forum primarily for young folk who mod their Fits then I think those folk are already here or will find it on their own.

I think that cards would be useful if you want to attract stock Fit owners to the site. I am one and I find it a useful resource. However I also find the attitude on the board somewhat insulting at times. Clearly the majority here are young men who like to mod their cars. Many posts come with an attitude that stock Fits are just owned by old people who aren't worth the time of day. Many posts include "cool" gamer slang which is difficult to interpret for those not so inclined. To attract and keep a wider base of fans those issues would have to be addressed.

Last edited by facade; 05-02-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
leaving stuff on peoples car is always a back and forth subject... IMO it would be cool to let people know that this site is available for them but then agian.. if someone really has a "Love" for their fit they will find this site... all i did was google honda fit forums and it was the first on the list...

Old 05-02-2008, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
cool idea, i dont even own a fit im on here 24/7 lol

Old 05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fork_nSpoon
cool idea, i dont even own a fit im on here 24/7 lol

so why don't you get a Fit?!?!?!

-Ricky

Old 05-02-2008, 03:31 PM
tin
5 Year Member
Stick with the decals.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Business cards would be okay for handing to people, but not for putting on windshields. There's always someone putting crap on the cars where we go dancing on Fridays. I pull it off and crumple or drop it without even looking at it.

I make my own business cards with a color laser and a cutter. It would be cool to have a standard FitFreak template available, in a Word/OpenOffice or Publisher format. I'd be willing to do a little work on that.

FTR, I'm 47 and planning on modding my Fit for mpg and handling. I'm also designing some airbrush art for the sides.

--Barry, '08 FS MT BBP

Old 05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bdrake
Business cards would be okay for handing to people, but not for putting on windshields. There's always someone putting crap on the cars where we go dancing on Fridays. I pull it off and crumple or drop it without even looking at it.

I make my own business cards with a color laser and a cutter. It would be cool to have a standard FitFreak template available, in a Word/OpenOffice or Publisher format. I'd be willing to do a little work on that.

FTR, I'm 47 and planning on modding my Fit for mpg and handling. I'm also designing some airbrush art for the sides.

--Barry, '08 FS MT BBP
+1. And the effing fact that if it is humid outside and then dries out the damn car sticks to the window and leaves ish on it when you remove it. That happened to me last week and I was pissed!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by facade
If you want a forum primarily for young folk who mod their Fits then I think those folk are already here or will find it on their own.

I think that cards would be useful if you want to attract stock Fit owners to the site. I am one and I find it a useful resource. However I also find the attitude on the board somewhat insulting at times. Clearly the majority here are young men who like to mod their cars. Many posts come with an attitude that stock Fits are just owned by old people who aren't worth the time of day. Many posts include "cool" gamer slang which is difficult to interpret for those not so inclined. To attract and keep a wider base of fans those issues would have to be addressed.
That is because stock fits are owned by old people duh!!!!!!

Fricken old people!!!!! JK....

Anywho...

I would be pissed if anyone put anything on my car. Even if it was a site where I could find more info about my car I would probably come to the site and flame it to death because I would be so pissed that someone stuck some car on my car.

IMO bad idea....

Old 05-02-2008, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by facade
Clearly the majority here are young men who like to mod their cars. Many posts come with an attitude that stock Fits are just owned by old people who aren't worth the time of day. Many posts include "cool" gamer slang which is difficult to interpret for those not so inclined. To attract and keep a wider base of fans those issues would have to be addressed.
you should get a MINI. and visit here: MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring

Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 PM
i would love to have stacks of cards
=]

Quick Reply: Business cards