General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

BBP vs BOM vs NHBP - Color choice help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 PM
BBP vs BOM vs NHBP - Color choice help

My old car ('95 Saturn SL) is on life support, so I'm thinking of getting a 2008 Fit Sport m/t. But, I can't decide what color I want. I'm deciding between BBP, BOM, and NHBP.

NHBP was what I had originally had my mind set on. But, it's not all that distinctive, and since I'm not a frequent car washer/waxer, I'm worried it's going to look grody. It feels like a safe choice.

BOM was my next choice. It's distinctive.... but I'm worried I'll regret such a bold color choice later on. I still think it would look pretty rad.

BBP is a bit of a compromise, a little more distinctive, but not so loud. May still have some trouble keeping it looking good.

Any opinions as to which way I should go? A final twist on the selection process is that I can find plenty of NHBP Fit Sport m/t near me (DC), but very few BOM and BBP of the same type (at least thus far in my search).

Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Retired Moderator
I say BBP, its unique, its not too much of a "look at me" color, and it really looks great at night. It would get dirty fast, and swirl like a NHBP though.

Tyler

Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
blackberry pearl for the WIN!

either that or the BOM.

BBP
BOM
NHBP

in that order....

Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
bom bom bom!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
chances are they wont have any when you go pick up
lol
dont get your hopes up for a certain color
these fits move fast

Old 04-29-2008, 09:47 PM
I love my nhbp and I really don't wash it that often any more now that it has stopped snowing. That and ever since the wax I did it has stayed pretty clean.

I usually like cars in the blaze orange but the fit's blaze orange just seems to bright for my tastes.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I've had a NHBP before, and it was swirl happy. That one sadly died and was replaced with a BBP. For some odd reason, the BBP doesn't seem to swirl as much, but it does get dusty within 3 days after washing. You can only tell from close up though. But after a week, I would be able to see the dirt building up on your rear bumper (I think it happens to every fit, not sure). I would not recomend getting either if you're not going to wash/wax regularly.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
If you're lazy dont consider NHBP.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
J_L
5 Year Member
I've always had "normal" colored cars but BOM just looks good on the Fit.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
i'd say BBP so i can live vicariously through you

Old 04-30-2008, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Id go with the BBP

Old 04-30-2008, 02:46 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
obviously you should get tidwater blue... it stands out. is low maintnance and doesnt get visable swirlys and NO ONE HAS IT!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToFit2Quit
For some odd reason, the BBP doesn't seem to swirl as much, but it does get dusty within 3 days after washing. Y
Do you think if one drives fast enough, the dust will fly off and/or never settle?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
Do you think if one drives fast enough, the dust will fly off and/or never settle?
I know a guy who was trying to explain this reasoning to an officer while his ticket was being written.

As for the color choice, join the BBP movement. My color choice was a force draw because the other FS on the lot were TW or SSM the two worst colors of cars (imo). I would have perfered the VBP but now looking back BBP was the best (it does look good at night...and in the sun, and on cloudy days, even when it rains)

Oh yeah, and if you go for the BBP don't let people call it purple, yes it may look that way at times but the color is so much deeper than that.

PS. welcome to the form (noticed it was your first post).

Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Get a BOM it never looks dirty. I like the color and since I live on a 1 mile dirt road. Its nice that the color hides all the dirt that I get daily from the road.

The only two colors that I considered was the Blue and BOM. The day I went to Honda they had a BOM so that made my choice easy.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Personally I think the BOM looks great at night and at dusk, but in direct sunlight it just looks to light for me. I would go with BBP or NHBP. If you want to differentiate yourself the BBP seems to be a lot less common than the NHBP.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 PM
i went the BOM fit. very happy with my choice.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
I have a BBP. After all my research and test drives, I drove to the dealership intending to get the silver Fit I'd test driven a few days before. On the way there, looking at cars as I went, it suddenly hit me that 90-95% of all the cars on the road were some kind of silver. Right then I decided to get blue, red, something that wouldn't have me in that 90-95%. This is a big dealership and had quite a few Fits in a line, and when I went to look with the salesman, there sat a BBP, Sport, MT - and different. I drove it, loved it and it's mine. It is very like black as to keeping it looking nice, but when it's clean it's so beautiful, and it changes from midnight to a gleaming metallic purple depending on the light. (Sorry, but I do call it my purple car.) When I took it for its first oil change, the mechanic even remarked on how unusual the color is. No problem finding it in parking lots, small as it is.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh my! I was deciding between BBP or BOM when I was looking at my fit, but I decided I liked the BBP wayyyy more and I freakin' love it now. IT does get dirty fast, it's annoying , but it still looks good even with dust on it. I really hate dust, but I guess that's what happens with dark cars. I wash mine about every 2 weeks..Haven't had to deal with swirls because I have been so careful washing it. Another reason I got BBP instead of BOM is because yes, it does look purple and I thought I would rather have a purple than orange car, but BBP is multipersonality. Looks different in every different lighting, that's what I love about it. I think BBP is the best color that the fits come in, and BOM is the 2nd best! Both would be a WIN for you! Let us know what you decide..and good luck.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:42 AM
there are less Bom's on the road! the NHBP takes alot of maintenance n the blackberry us w/e imo.

Quick Reply: BBP vs BOM vs NHBP - Color choice help