General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

EGR Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Still clueless after all that O well

There is No difference in the FIt from the basic EGR process used on other cars. A controlled (modulated valve) passes the exhaust from the exhaust port to the intake system (before the intake valve and the TB) for reburn.
Too bad you have not been able to understand that basic concept as you plunder forward with your limited skills.

I sure tired to teach you, but you are unable to grasp the basic idea.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Banned
What a joker you can't teach me anything. Especially on the Jazz/Fit. To help with your lack of knowledge. The Jazz/Fit does not have any external hoses, connections, or pumps for moving burnt exhaust to the combustion chamber. The only thing not internal on the Jazz/Fit system is the EGR valve and it's cooling housing. Everything else is internal to the head which is different than the majority of EGR equipped vehicles ...... but you knew that right??????? Nope I guess not "There is No difference in the FIt from the basic EGR process used on other cars."

And try and use your dictionary when you TRY to use big words ...... the word you unsuccessfully tried to use "plunder" should be changed to the correct blunder.....

Last edited by claymore; 05-06-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Wrong again, plunder was the correct word for your skill set and lack of basic understanding on EGR systems. Fit is not the 1st car to have passages in the head for the connections, so get over that detail. Maybe if you had more experience in automotive design you would have a clue on that. Ohh but you are the one that described the gas going into the combustion chamber lol

Old 05-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Banned
Get over it yourself the gas does go into the combustion chamber where else would it go you still can't understand the simple process. Pirates (arrgh matey) and dacoits "Plunder" people like you BLUNDER. Which other car has all the EGR system internal (except the valve) please enlighten us and the Jazz/Fit doesn't use the passages for connections the passages are the system unlike other cars.

I have been getting paid to work on automobiles since before you were born, graduated from a 4 yr mechanics program, was a Chrysler Plymouth Master mechanic, and was one of the first state certified motor vehicle technicians ever in my state how about you state certified??

Last edited by claymore; 05-06-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
Now it's "us" haa haa Hey it's you and me sport, if you failed to mis that reading the thread. Nobody could give a crap about this detail, other than the entertainment value.

Honda 3.0 for starters. The one with the recall with clogging issues.

If only you had the nads to admit the error you made and how you implied and said the exhaust gas went into the combustion chamber, when in reality it goes into the intake system (on every car made) before the intake valve(s) and before the combustion chamber.

Now you want to head off into chest beating and experience. lol I have built more 1000+ hp ic na engines than you have ever seen. A registered Engineer in 6 states with a Masters in Engineering and multiple US patents I will be glad to match wits with you forever.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned
All that and you still can't see how you were wrong. The burnt exhaust goes through a hole IN THE HEAD INTERNAL TO THE HEAD ONLY (not the intake system) then into the combustion chamber just like I said it does. And the first post was correct it doesn't pass through the intake system it passes through the head ONLY.

I will explain it slowly for you, if you removed every piece of the intake system on the Jazz/Fit engine the burnt gasses STILL HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL PASSAGE IN THE HEAD INTO THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER with NO INTAKE AT ALL on the engine and the EGR system STILL functions normally as it was designed to do.... SIMPLE .....Get it yet.

It's fine with me I can split hairs with the best of them and enjoy a good debate. But you are still losing.

Last edited by claymore; 05-06-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned
Well looks like you messed up ANOTHER one. The question was:

"Which other car has all the EGR system internal (except the valve)"

This is the official recall notice for the 3.0 engine you mistakenly though has an internal EGR system.... Nope check the recall notice and you will find that one must replace PIPES to repair this recall from the recall: Install the EGR pipe kit, and file a claim Now I don't know about you but PIPE kit means external to me. And the ports are in the intake manifold not the head like the FIT so if you remove the intake system on a 3.0 the EGR system will not function unlike a Jazz/Fit that will function even with the intake system removed from the vehicle.

Over to you.

Recall - DTC P0401 EGR Flow/EGR Port Clogging
Number: 99-085
Date: October 26, 2001
Applies To:
1998 to 2000 Accord V-6: All
2001 Accord V-6
4-door from VIN 1HGCG1...1A000001 thru 1HGCG1...1A058564
2-door from VIN 1HGCG2...1A000001 thru 1HGCG2...1A023388
MIL Is On With DTC P0401
SYMPTOM:
The MIL is on and DTC P0401 (Insufficient EGR Flow) is set.
PROBABLE CAUSE:
The EGR port in the intake manifold is clogged.
CORRECTIVE ACTION:
Clean the EGR port. Replace the intake manifold chamber and the PCV hose.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Try and answer this question.

What side is the gas passage from the EGR, with respect to the intake valve?
A On the combustion chamber side? or
B On the intake side?

And if you say B
HOW are all 4 cylinders connected to the single EGR valve. explain how that works lol

You are wrong again on the 3.0 V6
The pipe is not external. It's inside a cast passage.....That verifies your lack of understanding, again.
Now check out any late model American V8, like a Ford 5.0l

Old 05-07-2008, 02:34 AM
Banned
What a simple question the holes are in the head just outside the combustion chamber on both side of the head INTERNALLY.

The gasses past to all the individual cylinders through passages inside the head what's so hard about that???

Since you need someone to explain the Jazz/Fit system I will be happy to explain it to you in simple language so even you should be able to understand.

The burnt gases pass through a passage cast in the head outside the combustion chamber but not in the header. Are you following?? They then travel inside passages cast in the head to the distribution chamber under the EGR valve. When the EGR valve receives the proper signal from the ECU it opens and allows portions of the gasses to pass the EGR valve into passages on the other side of the head. The gasses then travel down these passages and out ports right outside the combustion chamber on the opposite side. Now the hard part that you can't seem to get a handle on all the gasses never leave the head until they are finally expelled out the exhaust system. Is that good enough for you or do you need me to put it in even simpler terms for you?

Like I have patiently explained to you you can remove the entire intake system on the Fit/Jazz and the EGR system will function just fine, you still haven't come up with an example of another car that does that.

And late model V-8s have air pumps and external connections to the intake system, remove the intake system on any of them and the EGR system will not function unlike the Jazz/Fit that will continue to function.

And any other engine if you remove the intake system the EGR will not function but on the Jazz/Fit system it's like the the battery bunny it just keeps on ticking because it its different than any other EGR system. Understand yet???

Old 05-07-2008, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
Now I see what the real issue is, you never learned how to read with comprehension.

You can't even answer a simple question and it's because you still can't understand the location of the intake valve in relation to the combustion chamber. The answer was A or B and not your rhetorical rant about your lack of understanding on this simple system.

Also more cluelessness from you thinking the Air pumps have anything to do with the EGR system. Can you say Thermactor and Light-Off lol too fucny funny. Try using a search engine next time you embarrass yourself to US.

I feel for the car owners that you work on. I'd bet the farm you are nothing more than a parts swapper and never gained the skill to trouble shoot any issue. Unreal your lack of basic understanding on key parts in the engine like the INTAKE VALVE. Just can't get past the fact the Fit has internal cast passages for the EGR gas to flow. WOW

PS The cylinder head has 3 basic parts:
Combustion chamber
Intake port (runner)
Exhaust port (runner)
It's not all the combustion chamber

Maybe I need to post a picture with big label's to ID the parts of a head..

Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
The Jazz/Fit does not have any external hoses, connections, or pumps for moving burnt exhaust to the combustion chamber. The only thing not internal on the Jazz/Fit system is the EGR valve and it's cooling housing. Everything else is internal to the head which is different than the majority of EGR

You are completely right!!!!
"There is a great difference in the FIt from the basic EGR process used on other cars." ....usually through intake manifold.

You explained it very well and it's very easy to understand.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned
Boy you sure are dense I will make it easy for you. The point I made way back in my first post was that the EGR system on the Jazz/Fit is that it is all internal except the valve and it's housing nothing to do with your blundering on about the combustion chamber and the intake valve they are not relevant to the question why do you keep bringing them up?

I have already said that the gasses enter the combustion chamber and even instructed you in the last post the route they take to getting there.

I will TRY and make it REAL SIMPLE so even you can understand I know it's technical beyond your means but I will give it a try.

First get one Jazz/Fit 1.5 Vtec short block and head then dis-assemble the WHOLE short block, I mean every last, nut, bolt, screw, piston, piston ring any and all external systems, cooling, electrical, mechanical, I mean everything on that engine.... then throw them all in the dumpster.

Then do the same thing to the head, strip it of EVERYTHING except the EGR valve and housing since I have already said was the only external part in the EGR system. I mean take every last stinking part off, valves, springs, retainers, valve stem locks, cam, cam bearings, and drive gear, any and all plugs, bolts and screws, the whole intake manifold, exhaust manifold, anything and everything until you are left with the bare stripped head, then throw everything into the dumpster. You end up with the EGR valve and housing the only thing left on the head.

Now here's the simple part all there is is the head and guess what the EGR SYSTEM IS STILL THERE in it's entirety... intact.

Thats ALL the head and EGR valve and housing. ONLY. Now tell me of another vehicle that you can do that with and retain the whole EGR system???

You get it yet???

Old 05-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Banned
Here's the clincher direct from the Honda manual (if you have one) and it shows just how simple the system is making it hard to understand why it's giving you so much trouble.

SUPER SIMPLE ONE AND ONLY ONE COMPONENT.

Last edited by claymore; 05-07-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
You keep saying the same thing over and over and over and fail to admit the combustion gas from the EGR valve goes into the combustion chamber via the intake runner and by the intake valve and on the head.

Notice the the fact that we are talking head and an intake runner in the head. Apparently you are too stupid or just want the entertainment to admit that point.

It's the same one I have tried to get you to fess up to from My 1st posts.

Just admit that's a fact

Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned
The fit 1.5 Vtec head doesn't have intake runners once the intake manifold has been removed, they have intake ports and if you took a minute out of your busy schedule of making 1000 hp engines and looked into the Jazz/Fit 1.5 Vtec engine you would see it's VALVES plural there happens to be 4 per cylinder it's not valve singular. And like I said you can completely remove the intake system, and all the VALVES in the head and still have a complete and intact EGR system.

You keep saying the same thing over and over and fail to admit that you can have a bare head and still have a complete INTERNAL EGR system. If you are too stupid to understand I can't help you. I have explained and posted the information from the manual and I think you are purposely being obtuse and love hearing your own voice so you become verbose blundering off on a Don Quote quest for the magical VALVES.

Now isn't this great entertainment the lowly mechanic teaching the master inventor just how simple and DIFFERENT the EGR system really is on the Jazz/Fit. Everyone has noticed that despite all your bravado you have yet to come up with another vehicle that does the same thing. I'm sorry something remiss in your education has resulted in insufficient knowledge of the Jazz/Fit (or engines in general) to know that there are 4 valves per cylinder installed in the 1.5 Honda Vtec engine but with some additional training I'm sure (well not really) that you can master this system. Afterall it is so simple with only one component so keep trying but then a one component system must cause a brain fart in engineers to not be able to understand such a simple system. But hey that's engineers for ya always trying to make things more complicated than necessary. But then like I have pointed out to you over and over you can throw them all away and still have a complete, intact, EGR system with only ONE component.

Last edited by claymore; 05-08-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
The reality is you are too stupid to admit you made a mistake and refuse to admit the EGR gas does flows into the intake runner (of the head) and into the combustion chamber via the intake valve(s).

You manufactured the argument of the head and EGR being the only parts so you had some other way to babble about and distract from the original point. I could care less about that and never even hinted it was something of merit.

You said the Fit engine is the only one to have the EGR system without external pipes. Sure shut that ignorant comment down and you sure back peddled on that after the Honda V6 and American V8.lol Also 100% clueless on the purpose of the air pump. lol Air pump part of the EGR amazing. dope

Dude you are one clueless wrench that I'm sure is everyones nightmare when touching there cars. I bet you have that stupid mushroom cloud on the back of your work shirt haa haa

Can't admit you made a mistake so babels about ever item around the EGR for ever.

What a clueless dope.

Look close you will see the strings attached to my puppet master making you dance around.

Signed the puppet master

Last edited by pcs0snq; 05-08-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
So at the end you say the same things.... with different words!!
No need to get offended

Old 05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pcs0snq
The reality is you are too stupid to admit you made a mistake NEVER MADE A MISTAKE and refuse to admit the EGR gas does flows into the intake runner (of the head) and into the combustion chamber via the intake valve(s).

You manufactured the argument of the head and EGR being the only parts so you had some other way to babble about and distract from the original point. I could care less about that and never even hinted it was something of merit. SO YOU STILL CAN"T FIGURE OUT A ONE PART SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T BODE WELL FOR THE SCHOOLS YOU ATTENDED.

You said the Fit engine is the only one to have the EGR system without external pipes. NEVER SAID THE FIT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE EXTERNAL PIPES. SHOW ME THE QUOTE. Sure shut that ignorant comment down and you sure back peddled on that after the Honda V6 and American V8.lol NEVER SAID V-8 DIDN'T HAVE PIPES I SAID THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE INTERNAL SYSTEM SO GET YOUR QUOTES CORRECT PLEASE. Also 100% clueless on the purpose of the air pump. lol Air pump part of the EGR amazing. dope WHAT AN ARMCHAIR INTERNET MECHANIC THAT DOESN'T THINK AN AIR PUMP ISN'T PART OF THE COMPLETE EGR SYSTEM ON SOME VEHICLES YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN SOME MORE.

SURE SHUT YOUR MOUTH TO DISCOVER THAT THERE ARE MULTIPLE VALVES IN THE FIT/JAZZ ENGINE........ I MEAN HOW CAN A "ENGINEER" NOT KNOW THAT????

Dude you are one clueless wrench that I'm sure is everyones nightmare when touching there cars. I bet you have that stupid mushroom cloud on the back of your work shirt haa haa

Can't admit you made a mistake so babels about ever item around the EGR for ever.

What a clueless dope.

Look close you will see the strings attached to my puppet master making you dance around.

Signed the puppet master
I HAVE TO COVER THE WHOLE SYSTEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN USING SMALL WORDS SO SOMEONE OF YOUR INTELLIGENCE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO UNDERSTAND LIKE THE REST OF THE MEMBERS ALREADY HAVE I MEAN HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO GET A ONE PART SYSTEM???

And gee I thought we were having a nice discussion too bad you are getting all frustrated and can't admit that there would be an intact complete EGR system on a bare head with the EGR valve ( this is OK there is ONLY ONE so it's not plural) installed and it is a completely internal system unlike any other.

No need to get your panties in a bunch and start with the name calling when you can't come up with an adult response after playing with your puppet ( and all that that indicates) if you can't play nice take your puppet and run home.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Still waiting for you to answer my question.
Have you educated yourself on the thermactor system yet lol

Signed the puppet master

Old 05-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned
Yep know all about it unlike you. I actually had a car with the Thermactor you want to buy the pump I took off? And you still haven't answered my question.

Last edited by claymore; 05-09-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Quick Reply: EGR Question