General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gas Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Gas Prices

The high gas prices get the more i find people are getting envious of my car. There was a lot of people busting my balls for buying such and small under powered girly car. It looks like they are eating their words. VICTORY IS MINE!! lol. i guess that i just felt like gloating/ranting about it.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Hahah NICE!
Small underpowered cars are really hitting their stride in the US now.

Tyler

Old 04-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by TOOL
Hahah NICE!
Small underpowered cars are really hitting their stride in the US now.

Tyler
yeah, definitely!

and also,
for how "cute" it looks and everything.
you can put together a MEAN ass looking fit without spending too much $$$

Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
defently everyone was the same way with me till i tell them how many MPG i get then thay shut up when theres gets about half mine LOL

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
My coworker in my old job used to commute from Hayward to SF. Now, I switched jobs and do the reverse commute, from SF to hayward. It's a 70 mile commute round trip + bridge toll. My commute when gas prices were 3$ was around 300$ a month. I bike and take the train now, but using math if I drove, I'd be paying 400$ a month.

What did he drive? He drove an AT chevy silverado (for the looks. he didn't need a truck), and mocked me for getting a small car during when I got my Fit. He was some overweight right winged thinks-he's-tough guy, even though I've wrestled, boxed, and done some MMA ("cage fighting"). That car must get like 18 mpg. Anyway a year later, gas is 4$ who's laughing now!??

PS gas is so expensive, I wish I have an insight. 400$ with my small car is still a lot.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
gas with the fit is getting expensive!!

shiiiettt

I might go out and look for a used small motorcycle

Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks like we're way ahead of the game. Other cars might claim to be more fuel effecient, but then we can still fit more stuff in our fits and still get good mileage. Also, I've been seeing alot of angry SUV & heavy wagon drivers around lately especially when they drive near me. Hehehe...I'd hate to be them.

"You get what you pay for, and if you buy a big car for a stupid reason like thinking that you're big, you'll just pay big at the end."

ALSO WE CAN REGULAR UNLEADED....big advantage there because we don't have to worry about damaging our engines by using the cheapest fuel type.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Well to be honest I would rather be considered to be the pussy slow car paying $20 or under to fill up my tank rather than making everyone jealous that my car is small and gets good mileage and now paying $36.50 and prices still rising

Old 04-24-2008, 11:25 PM
I am thinking about how I am going to convince my gf/wife to be to let me buy a Challenger R/T, and the gas prices are not helping.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
I am thinking about how I am going to convince my gf/wife to be to let me buy a Challenger R/T, and the gas prices are not helping.
Just say......

Its a challenger R/T put your arms up in the air hands flat and say ehhhhhhhhhh.

That won't work but, chances are I would be there to see it and laugh my ass off.

P.S.
She thinks she is getting the next car.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
gas prices are making me happy i went with teh Fit... but u still need to watch my revving
lol

Old 04-24-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
My Fit finally took over $30 to fill it up @ $3.64/gallon a couple days ago.. and I didn't even wait for the gas light to come on since I was in a low priced area. Still took me 8.5 gallons to fill up though =(

Old 04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
people are waking up to the advantages of the fit.

as of late in 2007, i saw fits pretty infrequently.

now i see at least one fit every day.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BrianT
The high gas prices get the more i find people are getting envious of my car. There was a lot of people busting my balls for buying such and small under powered girly car. It looks like they are eating their words. VICTORY IS MINE!! lol. i guess that i just felt like gloating/ranting about it.

THE DAY IS MINE!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
I've cut back on my recreational driving. I usually hit the back roads about once a week for maybe a 20 mile drive, plus the occasional errand. The rest of the time it sits in the parking lot behind my dorm. Maybe $32 for two weeks' worth of gas, paying about $3.70.

I'm not terribly worried. Even if/when it hits $5, the cost will still be manageable.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
My coworker in my old job used to commute from Hayward to SF. Now, I switched jobs and do the reverse commute, from SF to hayward. It's a 70 mile commute round trip + bridge toll. My commute when gas prices were 3$ was around 300$ a month. I bike and take the train now, but using math if I drove, I'd be paying 400$ a month.

What did he drive? He drove an AT chevy silverado (for the looks. he didn't need a truck), and mocked me for getting a small car during when I got my Fit. He was some overweight right winged thinks-he's-tough guy, even though I've wrestled, boxed, and done some MMA ("cage fighting"). That car must get like 18 mpg. Anyway a year later, gas is 4$ who's laughing now!??

PS gas is so expensive, I wish I have an insight. 400$ with my small car is still a lot.
dude. trucks are awesome, regardless of how much they are used for utility. Don't get me wrong, I have a fit and absolutely love it, but you have to also love a passenger vehicle that is designed to haul/tow multiple tons of cargo. You can toss a fit in the bed and carry it around, or you can tow a couple of them behind without a problem.
Also, fuel economy is more around 14, I got a friend who has a silverado, and he was always boasting that he got better than my previous F-150's 12mpg.
But yeah, after a silverado drives 350 miles, it'll have to pump 26 gallons to refuel. After a fit drives 350 miles, it'll have to pump 10 gallons.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 AM
fits the gas saver i feel up mine only 30 bucks and iam happy with my car loving it

Old 04-25-2008, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
I will never understand why Americans like trucks. It's like to project a tough-guy image or something, when the vast majority of truck owners never do anything they couldn't do with a smaller vehicle. They are huge, handle like crap, slow, thirsty, ride poorly, and are a visibility nuisance to other drivers.

I do not feel any less manly or tough carrying Home Depot supplies in the back of my Fit, thankyouverymuch.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
I'm actually in the marketfor a truck... ridgeline...

Wanting one cause I'm planning a road trip going to south america, driving through parts of mexico, get on a ferry down to guatemala.. then drive through El Salvador, visit family, then down to brazil and visit some friends...

I know there are a lot of backroads, and I know the fit wont handle 3rd world country roads, with gas being so high in the americas, I'm sure there is a lot less traffic in central and south america, but still, the roads are worth getting a 4x4 vehicle.

Gas will be my only problem =P

Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by coupdetat
I will never understand why Americans like trucks. It's like to project a tough-guy image or something, when the vast majority of truck owners never do anything they couldn't do with a smaller vehicle. They are huge, handle like crap, slow, thirsty, ride poorly, and are a visibility nuisance to other drivers.

I do not feel any less manly or tough carrying Home Depot supplies in the back of my Fit, thankyouverymuch.
That's just ignorant. I'm sorry, but there have been several times in the past year or so (since we bought a house) that I could have used a truck, and have needed a TRUCK....ended up borrowing a truck. No way a fit would have done some of the jobs I have used a truck for. please don't make me be rude. think before you post.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices