General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Close to being a new Fit owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Close to being a new Fit owner

Well I think I just about sealed a deal on gettin a Fit today. Will be trading in my modded up (well now its unmodded) American SUV massive gas guzzler, as I am sure a lot of people are doing these days. Been looking to do that for a while, but with the recent surge in gas prices it really lit a fire under me to get going on this. Local dealer didnt have the one I want on the lot, Sport Auto in Blaze Orange, so hoping they find one soon. I've been telling myself not to do anything to the Fit, just leave it stock and drive it, but a lot of you guys have some nice looking rides and its making me want to do things lol! Hopefully I can resist the urge for a while. I also have a feeling I am going to be on the older end of the curve that these things are probably selling to, but what the hell you are only as old as you feel, and act sometimes! I'll post up pics once it all happens. Kinda excited too as this will be my first NEW car ever.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to FitFreak!
I budged on my first choice, VBP Sport AT, then SSM Sport MT, and ended up with a Blaze Orange Metal Sport AT, I left with a giant face.
I'm sure you'll love whatever you leave with man, maybe wait if it bothers you that much though.
And certain mods wont hurt your fit, IMO with light driving a chamber intake or cold air can only up your gas mileage!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Welcome to FitFreak and good luck on your purchase. You wont regret it i can almost gaurantee you that. haha. Its hard to avoid the mod bug cause it gets everyone to some degree some just keep on getting bit.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Welcome to FitFreak!
I hope you find the Fit your are looking for soon!

Tyler

Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
welcome to Fitfreak... i hope you get yours soon! then let the modding begin! the car is just too easy to mod! lol

Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Hey let me ask this, I havent searched the site much yet, but has anyone added a single din radio to their Fit? I have a nice Alpine unit that I pulled from my truck, that I have all the stuff to integrate my XM with, and I NEED my XM, but just curious how a single din radio looks in the fit.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Got the call today, should be getting my BOM on Tuesday. Was starting to lose hope they were gonna find one for me!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Good for you for holding out for the car you want! I've owned a lot of used cars in my lifetime, and the Fit is my second brand new car. In both of the new car cases (02 Saturn L300 in Silver Blue, and 08 Fit Sport MT Blackberry Pearl), the dealer didn't have the car I wanted on their lot. I figure that if I'm going to fork over that much money, they can go to the trouble of getting the car I want.

How far are you on the older end of the curve? I'm 47. (And yes, I bought a purple car. It's actually a pretty cool color -- looks dark blue in the shade.)

--Barry

Old 05-02-2008, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be 37 in less than2 weeks. At least I wont be the oldest around here lol!!

So on another note, what wheels you think will look good with the Blaze Orange? Trying to decide between silver, gunmetal, or black. I have to sort through a few styles, but wheels will be the first real mod, well after the windows are tinted and my alarm put it. Oh and my Alpine head unit.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
I'll be 37 in less than2 weeks. At least I wont be the oldest around here lol!!

So on another note, what wheels you think will look good with the Blaze Orange? Trying to decide between silver, gunmetal, or black. I have to sort through a few styles, but wheels will be the first real mod, well after the windows are tinted and my alarm put it. Oh and my Alpine head unit.

No, you definitely won't be the oldest! I'm 57 (gulp) but feel like a kid when tooling around in my MR Sport manual.

Welcome to the club. You will love your Fit. Mine is less than a month old and is a blast to drive. First tankful: 34.9 mpg, mixed town and highway.

I don't intend to mod mine much, if at all. In Vermont, it's illegal to tint the front windows or the windshield -- though I really like the way a tint looks on a red Fit. I went with the Honda front mats and rear cargo mat. The front mats fit the floor area well, and they are secured to the car with hooks attached to the floor, so they're a bit of a pain to get out for cleaning. Still, they look good enough that I'm glad I went with them.

I am thinking about either Mugen or JDM window visors . . . both look very, very stylish.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
I like the way the window visors look as well, but my last 2 vehicles I had them and ended up removing them since it gets to be a pain to clean under them sometimes, so thats one mod I am not going to do. I also dont plan to do much to the Fit, at least I say that now. I had thousands into my Durango, but dont see myself going down that road again. Tint, radio, wheels, thats about it for me I think, and the first 2 I have covered, just a matter of pickin the wheels I like the best.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 AM
There's a fellow Fit driver here in Denver with the BOM Fit Sport, outfitted with the gunmetal HFP wheels - looks very sharp.

Congrats on the new ride, and welcome. -R

Old 05-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
I like the way the window visors look as well, but my last 2 vehicles I had them and ended up removing them since it gets to be a pain to clean under them sometimes, so thats one mod I am not going to do. I also dont plan to do much to the Fit, at least I say that now. I had thousands into my Durango, but dont see myself going down that road again. Tint, radio, wheels, thats about it for me I think, and the first 2 I have covered, just a matter of pickin the wheels I like the best.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the stock wheels look pretty good to me. Sure, everybody has them, but they're not bad looking. I picked up four Blizzaks for winter and they're on their own aluminum wheels . . . .

Interesting that you don't plan to do the visors. I can see how cleaning beneath them could be a real pain. We live on a dirt road (like a lot of the roads here in northeastern Vermont), and it's a challenge to keep a car halfway decent looking. In the rain you get mud, and when it's dry you get dust. After I wash my car, I have to be very careful to pick up all of the water (under the door handles, hatch, doors, gas lid, etc.) or I'll soon have tracks of dirt down my nice clean car. I have to laugh when I read advice about not driving your Fit anywhere off the pavement -- if I did that, I'd never get out of my garage! But seriously, your comment about cleaning underneath the visors has probably changed my mind -- I think I'll leave well enough alone (even though those Mugen visors are incredibly cool looking).

Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
It is true the stock wheels are not bad looking, on my last 2 vehicles I powdercoated the stock wheels just to set it off a little from the rest of them out there, pics below, but I think I am going to just get a set of wheels since in this size they arent terribly expensive. I did see one person on here that either painted or powdercaoted the stock wheels and it did look real nice. I kinda like the colormatch idea too as you can see. Got lots of comments about both of these.

Name:  IMG_0490.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  78.8 KB