General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Test Driving The 2009 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
I keep hoping that he's too busy driving the 09 Fit to post here.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by hiroko12
Wonder why he just "disappeared?"
He could have gotten in an accident or something. Maybe he had to sign some sort of NDA? Who knows. Sucks to get our hopes up then nothing, but it may very well be circumstances beyond his control. We should give him some benefit of the doubt given that he's had quite a few posts on here and much of his information, as was pointed out earlier, has been spot-on.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hiroko12
Wonder why he just "disappeared?"

well...because some people also have lives? not everone is as dedicated to fitfreak as us.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe he's just come upon some kind of amazing secret like... THE NEW FIT WILL HAVE IT'S EXTERIOR COMPLETELY REDESIGNED TO NOT LOOK UGLY AS SIN!

...wouldn't that be nice?

Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drzenitram
Maybe he's just come upon some kind of amazing secret like... THE NEW FIT WILL HAVE IT'S EXTERIOR COMPLETELY REDESIGNED TO NOT LOOK UGLY AS SIN!

...wouldn't that be nice?

its not ugly. you just don't happen to like it.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
its not ugly. you just don't happen to like it.
well, see, by semantics, the word "ugly" would be used if the majority of people believe something is "ugly". I've probably asked two dozen people I know if they think I should hold out for the 09 fit, and they all agree with me that the new fit is "ugly". Also, if you take a look at what people here seem to think of the exterior of the new fit, the overwhelming majority call it ugly also.

So, with all of these people that believe the new fit is "ugly", I think it's pretty safe to say that it's "ugly" and takes a special person to love it.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:11 PM
well, see, by semantics, the word "ugly" would be used if the majority of people believe something is "ugly". I've probably asked two dozen people I know if they think I should hold out for the 09 fit, and they all agree with me that the new fit is "ugly". Also, if you take a look at what people here seem to think of the exterior of the new fit, the overwhelming majority call it ugly also.

So, with all of these people that believe the new fit is "ugly", I think it's pretty safe to say that it's "ugly" and takes a special person to love it.
So drzenitram, you let other people decide for you, what is ugly? Have some balls and decide for yourself. I could care less what anyone thinks of this car or that car, it's what I like that counts. Happy car hunting.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Sometimes the majority is right for a reason.....because it's the correct answer.

Don't think the OP is coming back. EVER.

/thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
Sometimes the majority is right for a reason.....because it's the correct answer.

Don't think the OP is coming back. EVER.

/thread
Sometimes the majority are like sheep, they get slaughtered. Follow your own intuitions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hmm, where have I heard that before.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by samsvoc
So drzenitram, you let other people decide for you, what is ugly? Have some balls and decide for yourself. I could care less what anyone thinks of this car or that car, it's what I like that counts. Happy car hunting.
I did decide for myself, but if you want to talk about balls, I have big, beautiful balls. If you need to weigh them on your forehead I'd be glad to let you.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
I did decide for myself, but if you want to talk about balls, I have big, beautiful balls. If you need to weigh them on your forehead I'd be glad to let you.
Good for you BIG BOY

Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I thought that the new model Fits were never out until after the Tokyo International Motor Show which is October.

Cat :x

Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
I thought that the new model Fits were never out until after the Tokyo International Motor Show which is October.

Cat :x
yeah....October of last year.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member

ah, i see. so the dozen people you know basically the end all to this topic. Looks are, and always will be subjective. and don't treat your opinion like a certainty...cause it isn't pal.

as far as everyone here goes....well, we are comprised of a bunch of gd3 owners....and its a classic scenario. everyone hates the newer, and potentially better version of their car when it comes out. sometimes its legit, sometimes its bitterness, but i'm not here to sort through it. in fact, there are a few members who hated it who are now warming up to it.

as much as i love our car, its not exactly sex on wheels. to think we are THAT much better looking is well...a bit much.

anywho, i'll let you get back to resting your balls on other mens' foreheads.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
[quote=eldaino;323125]ah, i see. so the dozen people you know basically the end all to this topic. Looks are, and always will be subjective. and don't treat your opinion like a certainty...cause it isn't pal.

as far as everyone here goes....well, we are comprised of a bunch of gd3 owners....and its a classic scenario. everyone hates the newer, and potentially better version of their car when it comes out. sometimes its legit, sometimes its bitterness, but i'm not here to sort through it. in fact, there are a few members who hated it who are now warming up to it.

as much as i love our car, its not exactly sex on wheels. to think we are THAT much better looking is well...a bit much.

hmm you sound like one of those guys that made one of the 200 posts saying "should i wait for an 09?"....the only good looking 09 i have seen was the concept mugen one. other than that they look like ass to me. they are a watered down mini van that is destined to follow in the footsteps of the redesigned xb. the only positive is the glass roof and you cant even open it.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 AM
[quote=Mr.FIsTer;323222]
Originally Posted by eldaino
ah, i see. so the dozen people you know basically the end all to this topic. Looks are, and always will be subjective. and don't treat your opinion like a certainty...cause it isn't pal.

hmm you sound like one of those guys that made one of the 200 posts saying "should i wait for an 09?"....the only good looking 09 i have seen was the concept mugen one. other than that they look like ass to me. they are a watered down mini van that is destined to follow in the footsteps of the redesigned xb. the only positive is the glass roof and you cant even open it.
I've been posting on this forum for over two years, and a reader of this forum since August of 2005. Based on precedence, the dislike of the 2009 Fit that some here have expressed will be a faded memory in 12 months or less. When the current NA Fit was introduced at the Chicago Auto Show in February of 2006 there were a whole bunch of people who disliked it. Now you all think it's the best sub-compact Honda ever built.

watered down mini van that is destined to follow in the footsteps of the redesigned xb
Honda's corporate executives aren't lacking in business acumen, and I guarantee the 2nd gen Fit will outsell the first gen.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft

Honda's corporate executives aren't lacking in business acumen, and I guarantee the 2nd gen Fit will outsell the first gen.

so toyotas corporate executives are? they f'ed up on the xb just like they are gonna do on the fit. wow thats a bold statement on the sales numbers seeing as how they only offered the current model in the us for 2 years

Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't participate in MySpace, but 10 minutes of simple research leads me to believe this is "RDS"

MySpace.com - Ryan Shutt - 30 - Male - Baltimore, MARYLAND - www.myspace.com/96048771

Anyone wanna send him a message seeing how things are going? I'm fairly certain he can't post images online or give technical specifications because he'll surely be under contract from HOA, but it would be nice to see what he thinks of the car...

I'm currently deciding between a used 07 TW or an 09 TW for a daily...

Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM
he's likely got an NDA to deal with, which means he can't say ANYTHING.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by WiggumS2K
I don't participate in MySpace, but 10 minutes of simple research leads me to believe this is "RDS"

MySpace.com - Ryan Shutt - 30 - Male - Baltimore, MARYLAND - www.myspace.com/96048771

Anyone wanna send him a message seeing how things are going? I'm fairly certain he can't post images online or give technical specifications because he'll surely be under contract from HOA, but it would be nice to see what he thinks of the car...

I'm currently deciding between a used 07 TW or an 09 TW for a daily...
stalkerspace ;-P