General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Have any of you had issues with toe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM

I spent a fortune to have my '97 Civic lowered properly, an act seeminly lacking in the aftermarket tuning community.

After the Tein springs and dampers went in, they were quickly followed by front and rear camber kits and a rear toe-adjustment kit. After a bit of hassle with alignments, all four wheels on my car point straight and the tires are in full contact with the ground.

I want to do the same when I purchase the '09 Fit.

I've managed to find front and rear camber kits for the current Fit, but not toe-adjustment kits. Do these exist? Do you Fit owners experience problems with rear toe?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
call the toe truck

Old 04-15-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
i just deal with it.

i heard shims would be a great way to fix it. but i dont get how that would work for the toe.

mine is within specs but its pushing the limits

Old 04-15-2008, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
since i dropped my car on eibachs and put 17s on, i've been bouncing all over the lane. even with an alignment. i need to go back and have 'em do it again. like, when i get above 80 or 85, it's so hard to control. stock was straight as an arrow. is that even what you're talking about?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i have some alignment "after" measurements in my newbs intro page somewhere near the
end.

the rear toe-in is severe after the drop. only way to adjust is by
using shims under the brake drum...which i haven't tried yet.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Front Toe is adjusted by the tie rods and there is considerable range. If you ran out of front toe adjustment you have lowered way too much.
Rear toe is adjusted by shims between the axle plate and hub backplate. It is a job for EXPERTS however, not your local shop.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
does that shim trick mess with the rear abs though?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:18 PM
i had problems with toe, the place i took it to first wouldnt even align my car, so i took it somewhere else and they got it as good as they could without a kit, and i gotta say my ride is perfectly straight. i just deal with it. not really a big deal, just a tiny bit of uneven wear in the back, nothing i cant handle.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm going to disagree and claim that toe-in is a big deal.

Besides having to spend money on new tires more often, toe-in results in poorer traction, poorer braking and poorer stability overall. I'm by no means a suspension expert, but I am sure that toe-in puts unnecessary stress on other suspension components.

I hope that when the '09 is released, someone out there will produce a toe-adjustment kit for it so that hassles with shims can be avoided. I currently have an SRR kit on my Civic, and I see that Tein also manufacturers kits for select models.

We all make modifications to our cars to increase their performance (well, many are just concerned with looking good) but sacrificing safety is not on my list.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Zhu Tou

Besides having to spend money on new tires more often, toe-in results in poorer traction, poorer braking and poorer stability overall. I'm by no means a suspension expert, but I am sure that toe-in puts unnecessary stress on other suspension components.

I hope that when the '09 is released, someone out there will produce a toe-adjustment kit for it so that hassles with shims can be avoided. I currently have an SRR kit on my Civic, and I see that Tein also manufacturers kits for select models.

We all make modifications to our cars to increase their performance (well, many are just concerned with looking good) but sacrificing safety is not on my list.

one of the smartest things i've read all day.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zhu Tou

Since rear toe adjustment requires considerable design changes on a Fit Honda is not likely to do it.
I'm with you tho' toe IS a big deal, front or rear.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i have some alignment "after" measurements in my newbs intro page somewhere near the
end.

the rear toe-in is severe after the drop. only way to adjust is by
using shims under the brake drum...which i haven't tried yet.
Shims go between rear backplate and axle plate. Putting shims behind brake drum won't help. You have to change the angle of the spindle.