General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Instrument panel brightness

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Instrument panel brightness

Hey guys, has anyone else experienced this? The manual for my Fit says you can adjust the instrument panel brightness by turning the little knob used to toggle/reset the trip meters. It also says there will be a beep if you reach max or min brightness. I've been turning and turning that thing left and right, but my panel stays at what I'm guessing is max brightness. I never hear any beeps or see any change in the brightness. Should I take it to the dealer?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
It may be loose o.O Do you feel noticeable clicks/notches when yo turn it or is it smooth? If it's smooth, it may be loose, in which case I'd take it to the dealer.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by girkabob
Hey guys, has anyone else experienced this? The manual for my Fit says you can adjust the instrument panel brightness by turning the little knob used to toggle/reset the trip meters. It also says there will be a beep if you reach max or min brightness. I've been turning and turning that thing left and right, but my panel stays at what I'm guessing is max brightness. I never hear any beeps or see any change in the brightness. Should I take it to the dealer?
The dial has no effect when the running lights are off. Display brightness can not be adjusted in "daytime mode". If you cannot adjust brightness with the lights on, you should certainly see your dealer.

Cheers

Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, I can still feel the little clicks when I turn it. I'll double check to make sure the lights were on when I was trying to adjust it, but I think they were.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
yeah you can change it to bright and not bright haha

im confused.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
NMG
Take it in if it isn't working. At night with your headlights on, the changes from the lowest setting to the highest setting will be obvious. You'll also see a "graphical" indication on your display. It sort of looks like circles filling up as you get to the higest setting. This is probably a terrible description, but you'll see what I mean when it's working . . . LOL.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, I figured out that I was just trying to adjust the brightness with the headlights off, and they do have to be on.

I'd actually like it better if I could dim or turn off the instrument panel lights when the headlights are off, because I like to see a dark panel to remind me to turn on my lights at night. Oh well, I'm just glad the Fit is fine.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys, I figured out that I was just trying to adjust the brightness with the headlights off, and they do have to be on.

I'd actually like it better if I could dim or turn off the instrument panel lights when the headlights are off, because I like to see a dark panel to remind me to turn on my lights at night. Oh well, I'm just glad the Fit is fine.
I'm CONSTANTLY driving around in the city (where it's bright) with my headlights off at night because of this. I'm like "oh they're on" thanks to the bright panel, and don't notice any light due to all the neon and street lights.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Edison Carasio
I'm CONSTANTLY driving around in the city (where it's bright) with my headlights off at night because of this. I'm like "oh they're on" thanks to the bright panel, and don't notice any light due to all the neon and street lights.
Hey, another St. Louisan! Luckily I live in an area with sparse streetlights, so hopefully I won't forget my lights. I'll have to get used to seeing that my climate/stereo controls aren't lit.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, another St. Louisan! Luckily I live in an area with sparse streetlights, so hopefully I won't forget my lights. I'll have to get used to seeing that my climate/stereo controls aren't lit.

Technically, I live on the east side of the river, but work and was going to school in STL. It's easier to say STL than "bum fudge city, IL". Like, I'm ten minutes away from downtown.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Well, I technically live in Festus, 40 miles south of the city, but I work there, so I'm downtown a lot.