General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My fit is stock and I'm proud of it

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
My fit is stock and I'm proud of it

Maybe that sounds sad, but I want to find out how many fit owners are in the same shoes as me.
I took out a lease (part of the reason it is staying stock) on an 2008 BBP FS about a month ago. Since then I have spent most of my time drooling over the upgrades available for the car. The only problem is it is under lease and more than that I have no money, stupid student loans. However I did scrounge up enough for 5% tint on the back, Chrome exhaust finisher, and floor mats (I think it's lame that they are an extra).

So here's my wish list:
- Ram intake (I like this one: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...highlight=made)
-17" rims
- Short Shift
- Lowering kit

That's all I think of right now.

I want to hear from everyone else who still has their fit sitting stock. Include your wish list of upgrade, if money was not an issue that is.

Last edited by Giggles; 04-11-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
A rear sway bar and short shifter with weighted knob would probably be the cheapest, no-drawback upgrades that offer a huge increase in driving enjoyment.

But keeping a car stock is totally cool too. After all, Honda's corporate philosophy is building cars that fit into your lifestyle. Mods can become intrusive to driving even though they may improve performance. Save your money for school

Old 04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Stock here. (except for the window tint and the Asimo doll if you want to call those mods) Too cheap and too lazy to get mods and proud of it.

No wish list, those just keep me thinking about mods. Im one of those if I get the itch, I buy it, but I don't plan on it.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Not much mods here either. Or it depends what you call "stock" and what you call a "modded" car...
So far I have only added tint and a new sound/video/navigation system.

But I have put an order for new rear lights, a mugen style grill, a tail gate garnish and Door Under Garnish.

I also have the original Honda Jazz Sport styling package, but don't consider it a mod since it is a original Honda part, and it was done at the lokal Honda dealer before the car was driven more than 6km

Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
+1 on keeping the car stock

My modding days are over. I did so much modding to my '02 Civic that I don't want to do it to my new car, lol. It got old over time. Now I'm all about a quiet, comfortable, smooth ride, which is why I got an AT vs. MT. I'm too lazy to shift now.

Few Plans:
Tint
Alarm
HID's
Center Arm Rest

Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my ride's smooth and comfy. modding does not mean stiff and brittle ride
if you get the right parts.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
I just hated having to go over speed bumps @ .01 mph, also scraping the bottom of the car and sometimes the front lip.

As far as the ride goes, I'd definitely recommend aftermarket shocks with aftermarket springs vs. stock shocks and aftermarket springs. That, or full coilovers

Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 PM
I did the whole modding thing back in highschool - uhm, say 10 or 12 years ago, then grew up. I think it's a stage that most kids go through on their way to becoming adults (some don't ever get out of that stage though).

I see the cars on the roads with the ridiculous body kits, slammed, park bench spoilers, or the fart can exhaust. I just and remember I was young and stupid once too.

+1 for keeping it stock.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
I love my almost stock base Fit. I upgraded the steelies to Sport alloys - is that still stock? Oh, I added all-weather mats, rear bumper applique, sill protectors, steering wheel cover, color-matched stick shift, and keyless entry too. Is it still stock? Looks that way from the outside.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 PM
my fits stock right now also except for tint and JDM yellow fogs. i want to get the smoked out tail lights, hids, rims, and intake tho! i just wish i had money!! =]

Old 04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
hmm, here's my mods:

-locking gas cap
-red dash trim
-honda steering wheel cover/ license plate frame
-door sills
-fitfreak.net sticker

soooo.....i'm dang proud of my stock fit

edit: i forgot my side moldings.....heh

Last edited by pip_rocks; 04-12-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
My Fit is as stock as stock can get. Just some floormats. Even has factory hubcaps on it. And I'm cool with it.

Stuff I would like to do:
Likely-
Window tint (black on black = hot summers)

Aftermarket wheels/tires (Enkei with Toyo)

Hopefully-
After market bumpers/skirts or a lip kit and spoiler (lots of gravel roads/pot holes by me and my apartment complex, so dunno bout this)

Short ram intake (too much rain and flooding around here by the river for a cold air intake)

After market exhaust

Dreaming-
Supercharged!
Sway bar
Performance suspension
Performance brakes/rotors.

So yeah, but I'm cool with stock. I see nothing but sports or modded sports, so does that mean mine is more unique still? lol

Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I put 10mm wider tires on. Thats it though.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
ive put about 9 grand into my fit on top of purchasing the car...

in all honesty... i wish i had left it stock...

that 9+g's helps alot when trying to save for a house, but eh. i wanna get my car craze out when im young

Old 04-12-2008, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! There is no way that I would be able to justify spending 9g's. But that is my Mennonite side coming out. I said ouch yesterday when the bill for my tint, exhaust finisher, and floor mats came back at almost $400 (but it was worth it). I won't be shelling out any more cash on my car for a while.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by sumo
ive put about 9 grand into my fit on top of purchasing the car...

in all honesty... i wish i had left it stock...

that 9+g's helps alot when trying to save for a house, but eh. i wanna get my car craze out when im young
Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus. If i put $9000 into my car I would be upwards of 700hp right now. What did you do to the poor thing?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Mine's 100% stock unless you count the dealer-added pinstripe, and the floormats I got in the mail yesterday. That's probably all I'll do to it, unless my rear bumper ever gets scratched up. Then I'll get the bumper protector to cover it up!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cavie187
Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus. If i put $9000 into my car I would be upwards of 700hp right now. What did you do to the poor thing?

Spoon B-Pipe
Spoon Short Antenna
T1R License Plate Holder
T1R Shift Knob
T1R Turbo Kit
T1R VIP Axel Exhaust
T1R Reservoir Covers
T1R C-Pillar Bar
T1R Short Shifter
Mugen Sport Suspension
K's Gauges & T1R gauge pod
J's Racing Front Strut Bar
16 inch Rota C10 wrapped in Falken Tires
Rayz Lug Nuts
Seibon Spoon Style Spoiler
Mtec 6000k HIDS
Mtec Halogen fogs
JDM style Tail Lights
compustar starter
tint
also more little things here and there

^ that above doesnt cover money spent on installs or items ive switched out in the past. this is just currently what i have on the car

Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I'm proud of my stock fit.

I used to have plans to mod it, but it's fine the way it is. I've changed through 3 shift knobs, but the stock Sport one is still the best. I might tint windows in the future.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I consider my Fit stock. We have a locking gas cap and the OEM cargo cover, and I wouldn't consider either of those mods. Love it the way it is. Leave it anywhere and no one thinks about stealing or damaging it. When I take the other car out (modded WRX) we're always worrying about theft and vandalism.

Quick Reply: My fit is stock and I'm proud of it