General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

High beams work, regular beams don't.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 PM
File a complaint with NHTSA please!

My headlights just stopped working as well 2 days ago.

Seems to be the same issue as the '02 Civic recall.

NHTSA ODI - Recalls

I just filed a complaint about this issue with the NHTSA; they have 5 other complaints on file.

Even if you had your Fit fixed, call the hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

If they get enough cases, they might issue a recall. I don't know if Honda will reimburse you if you already had it fixed, but it certainly would not hurt to try.

Thanks!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 PM
high beam works low beam dont

i changed everything bulbs fuses relays everything was ok still low beam dont work so i opened the steering wheel to see the switch for headlights and i pulled some of the wires and saw the thing or (harnest) where the end of the wires are connected and one wire connected to it is burned so i cleaned it scraped some of the burned plastic and the headlight worked but after a day it's out again so i made an appointment with the honda dealer where i bought it they said i have an extended warranty so we will see by then.

if anybody know how to fix this problem please help me how with all details so that if honda dealer charge me for this f them... please help me! any mechanic wiz?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM
i called that number and they gave me a reference number and told me to call my manufacturer and file a complaint there.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm at the beach with a different car and no shop manual, but this thread came up again.
I'd like to know....
-ARE the lights wired thru' relays, or does the current run from the battery, to the steering column, and back to the lights? Or does the switch inside only trigger relays under the hood?
-I see some of you are talking about HIDs and other headlight mods. Are those having trouble using normal wattage bulbs/normal current draw, or are we talking about uprated lights?

Need to know both of these for any kind of diagnosis...
Oh, yeah, since we're on the Gen II forum, unless the cars have a bazillion miles, have you visited the dealer with the question? Unless we've been bad boys, and in there fooking about with megawatt aftermarket lights, that warranty thing may well stand you in good stead.
Moon

Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I took my Fit to the dealer; it's got 50,000 miles and 3.5 years old, so it was out of warranty.

The dealer opened up the switch, found the burnt out wiring, and made a phone call to Honda of America; the entire fix required the replacement of the instrument panel wiring harness, and the cost would have come out to about $1500.

Honda of America agreed to eat most of it; I ended up paying $250 out of pocket.

Lights work fine now.

As I mentioned, ANYONE having this issue, call the NHTSA hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236), even if you had your Fit fixed.

This is a serious safety issue, and I'm hoping Honda issues a recall, just like they did for the '02 Civic.