General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does EVERYONE Think I Want to Race?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Does EVERYONE Think I Want to Race?!?!

[RANT]OKOK, it's finally gotten on my nerves. So I'm sitting at a light on my way to pick up my girlfriend from work. Listening to my music, just waiting for the light to change. Light turns green. All of a sudden this big ass roar comes from the old Sierra next to me as he floors it. I just do my usual start and medium shifts up to the 70km/h speed limit and go on with my drive. The Scion tC behind this truck then floors it too and blazes by me then cuts in front of me. Seriously, was that really necessary? Why does everyone think I want to race them? That kind of crap doesn't belong on the streets and leads to stupid kids getting into stupid accidents that hurt other people. [/RANT]

Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Meh those are the days I wish trees and light poles jumped out and attacked people. Until they make it illegal to be retarded, theres nothing you can do.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by FITrunner
Meh those are the days I wish trees and light poles jumped out and attacked people. Until they make it illegal to be retarded, theres nothing you can do.
The sad thing is, I'm sure those morons had a good laugh after gunning it...somewhere even though I just drove like a NORMAL person. Somewhere on a Sierra forum, some kid is going to post a thread that reads "KILLED A BLUE HONDA WITH MY POS SIERRA!!!"

Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 AM
i've found that there is a new phobia. i dont know the name yet, but it has to do with a fear of small cars. i get more shit from people at work about my car. it never ends. the most recent one is my headlights are bigger than my car. i also have problems in traffic, if i am going the speed limit, and am just going faster than someone, by the time i get to their fender they see a little orange car so they either pace me or blow by me. i get cut off, brake checked, tail gaited, you name it. same when in my del sol, but not my ridgeline.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
man i hate that too. so many people wanna smash on me.

i had this guy last week coming home from San Francisco and he had a VR4.
two white kids with skin stuff on, look over. i just smile and look forward, and then i hear a blow off. i was like wtf, why does this guy wanna race. hmmmm lets see twin turbo v6 vs 1.5 liter. so i continue to stay in cruise control at 71mph when the speed limit is 70. this dude without honking or anything, freaking takes OFF. haha i would say within the two miles this dude is flying, i come around the bend and HE got pulled over. i was laughing so hard.

i then stopped at the gas station and he pulls in. i just point and laugh, literally.

everyone wants to race fits nowadays. its pretty funny.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
I know what u guys mean, all this crap jus drives me nuts. this 1 time, i was convoy'n wit my friends and this guy wit a gti called me 2 a race and his friends all had *** lifted ricer cars, as I drove on they laughed, putting down the fit.......all of these senerios like mine n yours, made me workn hard n long hours for k20.....some may dis the motor swap, but im not doin it to out do other fits... but "im doin it, to kill cars who look down on us, and also to give fits around the world a name"... watch the ending of this video, after the supra part, and see how much us "little 4 cylinders can do", its pretty inspiring.....PLS tell me wat u think about the vid.....THANKS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzyBSQmb_c

Last edited by Squad808 Fit; 03-27-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm not going to do any speed mods on my Fit. I don't care how much people want to race or talk shit. I get 30+ MPG. That is one of the main reasons I bought my Fit. If someone really wants to race me I tell them when my del Sol will be at the track. No one ever shows. Street racing FTL.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
yes

k

Old 03-27-2008, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Hey SD MR FIT from the look of your Sig I see why other cars would wanna run you . Luckly Ive yet to encounter any people that want to run me. I only had that problem with my Subbie and Crx.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
LOL We ALL get it.....DAILY!!! Its Because our rides looks soo damn clean and JDMish STOCK that they feel they need to boast their fixed shit just to stand out. I still got dealer plates and no tint and my ride still looks better then most fixed up hondas, maybe its my paintjob blackberry pearl...REAL NICE PURPLE. No car is like ours....WE DRIVE MINI-MINI VANS...and I LOVE IT

We're like MAC's in the computer world, we pay more for our ECOBOX for QUALITY. That EVERYONE can tell as you can sense the competition calling you out. First day i got my car, some guy in a crx revved his motor at me and followed me hahaha lol and when I pulled into my drive way he had the nerve to wait a sec and peel out in front of my house hahaha lol...people....hahaha save the racing for the track...not the streets.

I drive slow just because of this very fact that I don't want to be coined a freakin RiceRocket Racer... I'm just tryin to get baaahahahahigh in my nice ride, that's all

If anyone wants to race me...they can meet me on the minimoto track...thats where I get my Thrills and do my damage lol....0-50 under 6 seconds ( same ratio as a MOTOGP bike) busting over 16 k RPMs going 6 inches off the ground, hence the leather suits...LOL

Last edited by weenee; 03-27-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airborne200208
i've found that there is a new phobia. i dont know the name yet, but it has to do with a fear of small cars.

i also have problems in traffic, if i am going the speed limit, and am just going faster than someone, by the time i get to their fender they see a little orange car so they either pace me or blow by me.
You know thats a very keen observation and I also get the same. It's sort of a small car phobia. When people see me zipping along on the freeway, they seem to think:

Wow a small car, it must be slow or I am going slow, I better do my best to get around it.

Only to realize I am doing 80, so they get around me, only to slow back down when they realize what speed they (I) are doing. Sometimes they slow down to a speed slower than me, so now I have to pass them...fools! WTF?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITrunner
You know thats a very keen observation and I also get the same. It's sort of a small car phobia. When people see me zipping along on the freeway, they seem to think:

Wow a small car, it must be slow or I am going slow, I better do my best to get around it.

Only to realize I am doing 80, so they get around me, only to slow back down when they realize what speed they (I) are doing. Sometimes they slow down to a speed slower than me, so now I have to pass them...fools! WTF?

Wow, I thought it was just me.

I usually cruse around 80mph, and it seems lots of people (mostly SUVs, Trucks, and many other cars that simply yell "I HAVE A SMALL PENIS") try to race me, or cut me off when I'm driving.

What I find even more annoying then people cutting me off is that they usually on the phone, just too involve talking to the passager, or simply not paying attention to the road. And all because of that I have to drive aggressive and waste gas to avoid them

But going back to this phobia, I think it because tiny car usually is known as "chick car" (no offences to anyone) even though most of the drivers of that car is male. Like how the Miata(s), the S2000(s) and even the Lotus(s) is treated as a chick car, but we all know how great those cars. I do not know if this is true or not, but in my culture class (and I'm sorry if offences anyone with this), there was a debate about how people treat females differently than males. Less respects or lower rate.

So in the case of the "cute" fit, people see the car as a chick car, so therefore we have less respects and we are lower rate, while the truth is we can out "class" them in any "real" (like autocross, track, rally)

On the side note, they're just jealous that we save more gas there "manly" car. xD

Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
Porsche Turbo 911 tries to race me

I'm at a stop light and i hear this guy revving the sh*t outta his engine...and once it hits green, he floors it...i was like WTF!!! Is this guy friggin serious...what joy do u get outta blowing away a tiny I4 engine...man sometimes I just dont get it...It's just stupid...unless panties drop for you, then it is completely understandable and reasonable...lol jk

Old 03-27-2008, 06:29 AM
I have gotten that a few times but it was local civics and tegs with there fake a** huge wings and unpainted body kits. Its just sad and to think they would still prob beat me if i actually tried to do something. Im better then that and just pay no attention and keep on truckin though. People just cant appreciate nice cars for what they are and have to be the bigger man and try to race and be stupid.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
I've had my fit 3 weeks, and I already noticed the problem with being abused on the road. Tail gaters, people pass, then slow down so I have to pass. People crowding my lane when they pass or pull over in front so close close to me it's nuts, and a lot of people coming up realtively quick, and then slowing down to stay in my blind spot just to pin my in as I close up on a slower car. I'm driving with the cruise at the speed limit, and rarely out of the right lane...I'm not getting in other peoples way most of the time. No one has tried to race me yet, though. Course, it's brand new and has no visible mods. I like the part that no one wants to race a stock looking Fit. I got real tired of that when I had a 1988 M3. Everyone wanted to race. Thinking supercharger and now outside visible mods. Did that with my 4wd civic wagon and a JRSC and it was a hoot...no one ever expected that. That is a car I neve should have sold. sorry for rambling.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, lots of dumb folks out there, just be smart and drive like normal.

you know, the coolest drivers are the ones that drive cool.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM
RDS
I've noticed a lot of tC drivers doing that. I NEVER get it from xA or xB (1st gen) drivers, but always tC kids. *ugh*

Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Your assutely on track the steet are no place to race or prove your manhood

Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RDS
I've noticed a lot of tC drivers doing that. I NEVER get it from xA or xB (1st gen) drivers, but always tC kids. *ugh*
+1. I always get TC's trying to mess around with me.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
I have fortunantly never have that problem, If I did I would just point and Laugh for them wanting to race a Fit. I have noticed thought that most the time the guys that do that kind of crap are the guys that dont have shit under the hood.

Quick Reply: Does EVERYONE Think I Want to Race?!?!