General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Fit is a GO....ne.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:36 AM
The Fit is a GO....ne.....

Well some people have heard the news. It is sorta a sad week for me. Here is the story from start to finish.....

My wife owned a Hyundai Sante Fe 2004. Last year she was just tired of it and I dont blame her. But we couldn't trade it in because well a 20-30k SUV was now worth 6k. It lost its value bad and she didn't think at the time she needed GAP insurance. So I took my Happy Ridgeline to the dealer and traded it in and used some of the positive money towards her new car to make up for a lot of the negitive money.

That is when I got my Honda Fit. I already started doing a few mods and loved this car it was just like when I got my first crx. Had room, was light, was quick, and sporty. I guess it was a bit too aggressive and my wife didn't like riding in it. Mainly because it was a manual and 2nd because it was a very small car.

The more I thought about our new baby on the way the more I thought I can't have a lot of crazy stuff done. So I started parting her out. Then something caused my alignment to have some issues and Honda was going to cover it and fix it. But I decided with a baby on the way and having more cribs,etc, that the Fit just wasn't practical anymore and just wasn't working out. Especially since Honda couldn't really figure out how it got way out of alignment.

So I saw a used Element 2006 EX-P on the lot and showed the wife, she hated it. Like the exterior but the interior she hated. So the Honda dealer had a 2008 Element SC Nighthawk Black and we looked at that. Thru a lot of talking I managed to get 15k for the Fit and got into an Element.

I'm not going to leave this site and I definately have been pushing for new products and getting better deals for products. I more than likely will be trying to get another Fit in a year for my Son when he is ready to drive. So I just wanted to let everyone know my fit is gone but I am not!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Banned
That sucks, but I see where you're coming from. Good luck with your baby on the way!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
I understand...you did what had to be done. I parted out and then traded in my specV (had over $10k in parts) for a Ford Superduty that I needed for business/towing reasons. I ended up loving the Superduty and with a few mods it was actually faster than the specV (14.0 at Moroso).

The only thing I'm curious about is how the ride of the Fit was too punishing for your wife, but she's ok with the Element. I've never driven or ridden in anything that is bumpier/choppier or drifts around in the lane worse than the Element. Never driven an SC though...is it THAT much better?

Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Alright, I'm glad you made the decision, either way... i don't understand why the fit would not be a good family car, but either way I guess going bigger is better! I wish nothing, but good for you and the family! see ya around FF!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Im not sure what was bad for you. We are here in central FL. Element base and SC drove fine, the SC drove a lot better. Ultimately it was a small car and it was a manual, that + the issue with the alignment lead to its demise

Old 03-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Bummer dude. But it seems like your doing the right, and responsible thing for your family! Im going to miss your Mugened out Fit, but at least you stayed in the Honda family with a new Element!
Godd luck with your baby on the way!

Tyler

Old 03-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Always going to be a honda man. Like I said in a couple years might get one for my kid and get him to mod it.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear hocker! but you are good man, and did what had to be done!

btw, i like the element sc's, they are very nice, got the cool projector headlights and a killer sound system.

as far as ride quality goes, yes, the element sc does have unique suspension tuning, and sits lower to the ground...though i never thought the ex versions were choppy or anything.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
Im not sure what was bad for you. We are here in central FL. Element base and SC drove fine, the SC drove a lot better. Ultimately it was a small car and it was a manual, that + the issue with the alignment lead to its demise
I moved up here from Jupiter, FL not long ago...so I'm aware of your smooth, flat, straight roads. I drove an Element when they first came out and haven't since. I might have to take a spin in an SC just to see what I think.

Congrat's about the baby on the way. The Element should be perfect for baby strollers, car seats, diaper boxes, etc.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Good stuff,my bro has a NBP '07 Element SC

It's pretty nice

Old 03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Im diggin the SC a lot, probly fit a fit in the back

Old 03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
those SC's are pretty cool.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bangdango
i wanted to get the purple sc before i bought my fit, but around me they only had autos oplus they were too much over my price range.

i would love to have my fit for my gf and get an sc for myself.

good luck man!!
a purple SC? where did you see that? not the rootbeer color right? thats more of a brown to me...unless they have got some new colors?

my girl digs the sc a lot too....until she drove a mini. but now she's backed down from that (it was fun as hell though) and want to remain debt free for a bit. but yeah, if another car is considered, i'll def try and get her to test out an sc. she prefers the looks, but since we are dog people, she likes the 'hose it out' approach of th element. the SC is just to nice for that though!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator

Element SC's are damn awesome though.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
^^Agreed.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Life's about prioritizing what's important. Glad you made a good choice for your baby.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
sucks to hear the fit is gone, but you made the right choice and i respect that. Family first right.