General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does 2008 Honda fits sport come with security system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
But the sport DOES include that alarm...how are we being cheated if we buy the car and it already has the default alarm (remote key and shows as red light on dash). The Base model makes no claims for having an alarm as far as I know--the dealers my try to BS you into the fake Karr alarm rather than the "real" Honda one, if that is what you are saying?

When I bought my sport it came with that alarm, no one had to install it. Are you saying there is an additional system that is even better? What's different about it than the default alarm already on the Sport?

The only thing they tried to install was the third party Karr BS alarm that does nothing for the factory alarm already there which is good enough. The dealership later claimed they were unaware of the factory alarm that was already there.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Security System P/n 08e50-sln-100

Hi there, take a look at the file I sent you. It's the installation instruction of the real alarm for the sport fit. If you think for one second honda sold you the sport with this alarm system open the left side panel of your fit. Start with your coin holder and then work your way with the panel. The light for the system is mounted on top of the cover between the steering wheel and the vehicle gauges. The green box for the system is located in plain sight if you look under where your car pedals are you should see it. Now if you don't remove the panel you wont see what I'm taking about. And of course if you order the system it says "except sport"....(humm?) why does it say that? answer; because in for the basic fit to upgrade there alarm to the sport alarm they need this alarm system which is standard on sports. The exclusion is the inclusion of what should be there.

If you look at page 4 of the installation instruction on the bottom left side your see the keyless entry 7 pin connector harness. The connector communicates with the original key we already have. This cable connector has a dual function communicate with your key to open or close doors and activate the alarm. Honda installed the cheap ass system we have and in order to get it to work used this connector and is how they got it to work. But being the system they installed couldn't be connected where the real system goes they reroute the connector to hidden space somewhere underneath the dash.

Dude if your not willing to open the panel you'll never understand or see what I'm talking about. Believe me I went to a professional alarm installer and had him verify what I found and he came to same conclusion I did. If you order the system with honda they will offer it as an upgrade honda charge you for the alarm and installation in a heart beat. But if they know you suspect what the real deal is they wont do it, and being only they know where they rerouted the connector you left with no choice other than to remain silent if you want this system.

I'm not sure if you understand or believe that this scam is typical of dealers on our side of the world, it's all about making a profit even if it means selling you a system plus installation for something which should had been standard on your unit. At my Agency I'm an investigator, I investigated this issue out and what I'm telling you is completely accurate.

We need to let people on the forum know about this and file a class action suit against Honda to cause a recall to correct this problem.

© 2006 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - All Rights Reserved. AII 31725-32535 (0605)
1 of 7

INSTALLATION
INSTRUCTIONS
Accessory Application Publications No.
Issue Date
MAY 2006
08E55-SLN-3000-93
2007 FIT
(Except Sport)
SECURITY SYSTEM
P/N 08E50-SLN-100
NOTE:
This security system works only when the vehicle
is equipped with the keyless entry system.
All 31725-32535
PARTS LIST
Security unit
LED harness
Push nut
2-pin connector
Security system harness
Unit bracket
Wire tie with connector holder
Clip band
Window decal
User’s information
Holder bracket
9 Wire ties
2 of 7
AII 31725-32535 (0605) © 2006 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

TOOLS AND SUPPLIES REQUIRED
Phillips screwdriver
Flat-tip screwdriver
8 mm and 10 mm Combination wrenches
Ratchet
10 mm Socket
Pushpin
File
Drill
3 mm and 5.5 mm Drill bits
Tape measure
Eye protection (face shield, safety goggles, etc.)
Illustration of Security System Installed on the
Vehicle
INSTALLATION
Customer Information:
The information in this
installation instruction is intended for use only by
skilled technicians who have the proper tools,
equipment, and training to correctly and safely add
equipment to your vehicle. These procedures
should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers.”
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the
radio, then write down the frequencies for the
preset buttons.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
3. Remove the driver’s dashboard under cover:
• Turn the knob clockwise.
• Release the clip and one pin.
4. Pull away the weatherstrip from around the driver’s
kick panel. Remove the kick panel (two clips).

SECURITY
UNIT
SECURITY SYSTEM
HARNESS
LED
PIN
DRIVER’S
DASHBOARD
UNDER COVER
CLIP
KNOB
WEATHERSTRIP
CLIPS (2)
DRIVER’S
KICK PANEL
© 2006 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - All Rights Reserved. AII 31725-32535 (0605)
3 of 7

5. Remove the fuse box cover:
• Turn the knob counterclockwise.
• Release the five clips and three retaining tabs.
6. Remove the steering column lower and upper
covers:
• Remove three self-tapping screws.
• Release the four retaining tabs from the
retaining hooks.
Routing the Security Harness
7. Route the security harness over the vehicle
bracket as shown. Position the urethane-covered
area of the security harness at the vehicle
bracket.
KNOB

CLIPS (5)
RETAINING
TABS (3)
FUSE
BOX
COVER
2-PIN
CONNECTOR
16-PIN
CONNECTOR
(green)
SECURITY SYSTEM
HARNESS
VEHICLE
BRACKET
URETHANECOVERED
AREA
URETHANE-COVERED
AREA VEHICLE HARNESS
GREEN
TAPE
3826030T
SELF-TAPPING
SCREWS (3)
STEERING
COLUMN
LOWER
COVER
RETAINING
HOOKS (4)
STEERING COLUMN
UPPER COVER
RETAINING
HOOKS (4)
RETAINING
TABS (4)
First, press here
to release this
retaining tab.
Then, press here
to release this
retaining tab.
Push
4 of 7
AII 31725-32535 (0605) © 2006 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

8. Attach the clip band in the kit to the security
system harness at the green tape, then push the
clip into the vehicle panel hole.
9. Secure the security system harness to the vehicle
harness using a wire tie at the location shown.
10. On the left side of the fuse box, unplug the six
vehicle connectors shown.
11. Plug the security system harness 20-pin
connectors in between the fuse box 20-pin
connectors.
12. Remove the dummy connector from the keyless
entry harness.
13. Plug the security system harness 7-pin connector
into the keyless entry system harness 7-pin
connector.
14. Using one wire tie, secure the security system
harness to the vehicle harness as shown.
VEHICLE
PANEL
HOLE
SECURITY
SYSTEM HARNESS
WIRE
TIE
CLIP
BAND
CLIP
BAND
URETHANE-PROTECTED
PORTION
SECURITY
SYSTEM
HARNESS
GREEN
TAPE
FRONT VIEW
FUSE BOX
SECURITY SYSTEM HARNESS
20-PIN CONNECTOR
VEHICLE
20-PIN CONNECTOR
FUSE BOX
20-PIN CONNECTOR
FUSE BOX
FRONT VIEW
VEHICLE
CONNECTORS
(6)
WIRE TIE
KEYLESS ENTRY
SYSTEM HARNESS
7-PIN CONNECTOR
DUMMY CONNECTOR
(Discard.)
SECURITY SYSTEM HARNESS
7-PIN CONNECTOR
FUSE BOX
KEYLESS ENTRY
SYSTEM UNIT
VEHICLE
HARNESS
5 of 7

15. Secure the security system harness to the vehicle
harness using four wire ties in the areas shown.
16. Attach the unit bracket to the security unit as
shown.
17. On the right of the steering shaft, remove the
vehicle bolt and attach the security unit and
bracket assembly using the vehicle bolt you just
removed.
18. Plug the security system harness 16-pin
connector into the security unit.
SECURITY SYSTEM HARNESS
20-PIN CONNECTOR
(clear colored connector)
FUSE
BOX
SECURITY
SYSTEM
KEYLESS ENTRY HARNESS
SYSTEM UNIT
WIRE TIES (4)
SECURITY SYSTEM
HARNESS
20-PIN CONNECTOR
KEYLESS ENTRY
SYSTEM HARNESS
VEHICLE
20-PIN
CONNECTOR
SECURITY
UNIT
UNIT
BRACKET
Do not push here.
SECURITY
UNIT
UNIT
BRACKET
STEERING
SHAFT
SECURITY
SYSTEM
HARNESS
SECURITY SYSTEM HARNESS
16-PIN CONNECTOR
VEHICLE BOLT
(Remove and
reinstall.)
Torque:
18.6 - 24.5 N·m
(1.9 - 2.5 Kgf·m)
6 of 7

Installing the LED Harness
19. On the inside of the upper steering column cover,
measure and mark with a pushpin at the point
shown.
20. While wearing eye protection, drill a 5.5 mm hole
at the pushpinned mark. First drill with a 3 mm drill
bit and finish with a 5.5 mm drill bit.
21. Remove any burrs around the hole.
22. Route the LED harness through the hole you just
drilled. Using the push nut, secure the LED to the
upper steering column cover.
23. Get the 2-pin connector from the kit. Firmly push
the LED terminals into the 2-pin connector as
shown until they click. Secure the lock on the
2-pin connector.
24. Route the LED harness through the steering
column as shown.
LED
UPPER STEERING
COLUMN COVER
PUSH NUT
PUSH
NUT
2-PIN
CONNECTOR RED WIRE
WHITE
WIRE
LOCK
LED HARNESS
UPPER STEERING
COLUMN COVER
3 mm and then
5.5 mm DRILL BITS
15 mm
CENTER LINE
PUSHPIN
UPPER STEERING
COLUMN COVER
LED
HARNESS
2-PIN
CONNECTOR
7 of 7

25. Secure the LED harness to the vehicle harness
using three wire ties.
26. Plug the security harness 2-pin connector into the
LED harness 2-pin connector.
27. Get the wire tie with connector holder and the
holder bracket. Attach the holder bracket to the
wire tie with connector holder, then attach the
holder bracket to the 2-pin connector.
28. Using the wire tie with holder, secure the 2-pinconnector
assembly to the security harness in
the area shown.
29. Check that all the wire harnesses and cables are
routed properly and all the connectors are plugged
in.
30. Reinstall all the removed parts.
31. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
32. Enter the customer’s radio anti-theft code, if
applicable, and reset the radio station presets.
33. Set the clock.
34. Check operation of the security system according
to the User’s Information booklet supplied.
NOTE: When the battery is disconnected, the driver’s
window AUTO function is disabled.
• Start the engine. Push down on the driver’s
window switch until the window is fully open.
• Pull up on the driver’s window switch to close the
window completely, then hold the switch for
2 seconds or more.
• Lower and raise the driver’s window to check
operation of the driver’s window AUTO function.
LED HARNESS
2-PIN CONNECTOR
SECURITY HARNESS
2-PIN CONNECTOR
HOLDER
BRACKET
WIRE TIE WITH
CONNECTOR
HOLDER
2-PIN CONNECTOR
SECURITY
HARNESS
WIRE
TIES (3)
VEHICLE
HARNESS
2-PINCONNECTOR
ASSEMBLY
LED
HARNESS

Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
So I have the sport and so that red light that blinks and the horn that goes off when I lock my car with my wireless key is not really an alarm? it's just noise? I was able to trigger that alarm as described in an earlier post so I do think it's something, but I also did print out those directions a while back (I think you'll also see it higher up in this thread, the link to them is http://handaccessories.com/fit/security-manual.pdf), and I was not able to activate some of the features it described such as switching the alarm from manual-arm to auto-arm, but someone else on here said they were able to get it to work on their sport so I just thought I was doing it wrong. The instrucstions involve inserting and removing the key in the ignition in a specific sequence...I tried it and thought I was doing it correctly but nothing happened, the instructions did sound rather cumbersome...I tried it for about half an hour and gave up.

SO I think what you are saying is that really there are 3 kinds of Fit alarms out there---

1) is the Base model fit with NO alarm whatsovever,

2) is the Base Model with the post-consumer-sale honda factory alarm installed as per the manual you printed out, ie. http://handaccessories.com/fit/security-manual.pdf aka 08e50-sln-100 , and

3) the Sport Fit with it's own basic alarm (lacks features described "except for sport" seperate alarm maual again , http://handaccessories.com/fit/security-manual.pdf.

I Guess we can call this alarm the "American Fit Sport alarm" , since it sounds like you're saying in other countries they get the "full featured" alarm described in http://handaccessories.com/fit/security-manual.pdf aka 08e50-sln-100 . And what I have in my car is really just a more basic "American version" of an alarm system installed by Honda at the factory for the American market...?

Am I closer to understanding your argument?

If so, can't Honda just argue that the "American Fit Sport Alarm" is designed specifically for the american market and if you want to upgrade to get the extra control features then you can install the "Base model 08e50-sln-100 Alarm"-- so I'm not sure there would be much pull for a Class Action Lawsuit..and if there is, how do we even start such a movement? I guess we should also wait to see what Honda puts in the 2009 Sport Fits...if they "correct" the issue perhaps that is more evidence of a dishonest practice since none of this is clearly stated anywhere that a regular consumer can figure out...

And, all of this is completely seperate from the third party "Karr" alarm which is what this thread was really about--the "Karr" alarm is even put into Toyotas and other brands of cars and that one is a totally seperate dealership scam when it gets installed on top of default alarm systems?

Thanks for all your work in writing up your arguments..hopefully I am getting it now?.. I will take a look under the dash, but since I'm not really knowledgable about car electronics I'll probably have a hard time understanding what I'm looking at, which is probably the case for most average Fit owners also.

Last edited by fittyfit; 07-10-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 AM
You don't have the system..

The reason you can't get your alarm to work properlay as per the booklet instructions is because you don't have the system in your car. If you had the system your car alarm would respond with all the features described in the booklet.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
tag

I'd like to see what comes of this thread if my alarm is useless I am going to be pretty upset.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
The "American Sport Fit Alarm" is not useless, it goes off when triggered by opening a door or prying (see triggering insructions up earlier in this thread). The only thing it seems to lack is some convenience features described in that manual for the base model upgrade alarm; I don't see how this jeapardizes security--the features to me are just "nice to have" features, but I am bummed I don't have those features.

That said, yes, it is a little shady that Honda does not just put the same system in the Sport that is available for the Base upgrade, but I'm sure that is just a greedy business decision on their part and is no different that the tons of other stingy and downright dishonest business decisions that big companies make these days, they couldn't care less about consumers.

Is it grounds for a class action lawsuit based on misrepresentation? I don't know--someone here with a legal education may know that answer??

I feel though it still doesn't mean the Sport Alarm is any less secure, it just has fewer features, and I agree it's a rip off. Perhaps I should have just bought a Base model and saved money, but at the time I bought my car I didn't know it had any type of alarm , nor did the sales guy, or so he later claimed.

However, if you look at the other side of the coin, how much would you have to pay to upgrade a Base model to make it look like a sport model as much as possible? It's six of one, half dozen of the other.

I'm pissed that the alarm is not as "full featured" as in the Base upgrade, but I'm more pissed at the double redundant "Karr" alarm trick/ignorance that was pulled on me and now the subsequent refund I am fighting for.

Overall though I think these are two different topics: "Real" Honda Alarm mis-leading vs dealership third party "Karr" alarm scamming , hence it is confusing to have both topics here--perhaps the moderators can seperate these two discussions and make any comments ?

But two sides of the same story-- we are getting ripped off from both ends...buyer beware.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Well after 4 months and several calls haggling over it I finally got my refund. I had to basically threaten to call the general manager and demanded a copy of what they sent to the finance company be faxed to me...no surprise 3 days later everything was credited to my account.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Post alarm

Originally Posted by Black01
I've had mine and tap everywhere in the car to check if the alarm will go but nothing. I thought that the security system is standard on Sport models? I had toyota before with factory alarm and when I use a quarter to tap the window, the alarm always goes off. Same thing with my accord, the alarm goes off when I bump the car, tap on the window or slam the door handle. The fit seems not to perform this feature.
No the fit didn't come factory equipped but I had them install it. they screwed up and my alarm went off when I opened my glove box, hit bumps,turned on wipers etc. they fixed this right away but what fun driving with it doing this. Does anybody here have instructions of removing the steering wheel assy on this car, I want to check my cruise control contacts but would rather not wear my air bag.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 AM
to be honest in my environment i'm glad got trains,trucks and to be honest if my alarm constantly went off then i would have battery issues. and lets face it if your chip isnt there (ie the key) they got to go through hell to start it