General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How easy/hard is the Fit to break into?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Question How easy/hard is the Fit to break into?

No, I'm not a thief..

I witnessed someone break into a friend's car (a 96 Neon) who had the keys locked into it..

My friend and I, plus a by standard tried for about an hour outside in the December cold of Wisconsin..(about 10 degrees f) by trying to "jimmy" the thing with a coat hanger, and other tools.. She called a friend who said he could break into it.. He arrived and within 10 seconds, her driver's side window was bent & popped out of the window frame so far that you could pull a softball out of it, which was more than enough room to lift the door lock..

That made me a little worried about the safety of the things in my cars.. Is the Fit any different..?

JP

Old 03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Retired Moderator
A 96 neaon is alot diffrent then the Fit. The Sport models have a alarm and are pretty protected. Not 100% but pretty good. I dont worry.

Tyler

Old 03-13-2008, 01:03 PM
If they want your car or the contents there-in, they will find a way no matter what you drive, what the alarm, how old it is, how "safe" it is. A hammer or an ice pick will do the trick every time.

I wouldn't worry about keeping them out so much as i would worry about keeping the doors locked, and the insurance paid.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
worry about keeping the doors locked, and the insurance
agree with that. +1

Old 03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
We can say that this car is new and is prtotected and stuff but cavie187 is right, if someone one wants something bad then they will find a way. Alot of the easiest cars that can be stolen are japanese cars for example my moms Acura Legend, which had an alarm and it was locked, was stolen in front of the church instantly. so just be careful and aware bc you never know what can happen.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by cavie187
If they want your car or the contents there-in, they will find a way no matter what you drive, what the alarm, how old it is, how "safe" it is. A hammer or an ice pick will do the trick every time.

I wouldn't worry about keeping them out so much as i would worry about keeping the doors locked, and the insurance paid.
I see your point.. (good point too!)

How about that ignition immobalizer thing..? Does that make the car "non hot-wireable"..?

JP

Old 03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by JPfit
I see your point.. (good point too!)

How about that ignition immobalizer thing..? Does that make the car "non hot-wireable"..?

JP
Where there's a will, there's a way. My car has a skim-key with a code programed into a a chip to match the vin, and I have heard stories/ see police reports of them being stolen.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Like i said before, people are going to be more apt to take the THINGS inside of your car than the car itself.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
no one would be able to steal my car and drive away because i took precautions but if someone really wanted it, they would get it. ive heard stories of people hiring crooked tow truck drivers to provide fake repo papers and the tow truck to steal a car. but besides taking my steering wheel off and bringing it inside with me every night, having a hidden electronics cut off switch and having an alarm, i still keep my winchester defender loaded and accessible for anyone creepin on my car in the night.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
i agree with cavie187 agian because if you have a stolen car then the VIN number on the parts of the car will catch up with you. Im not speaking of rims or body panel but more on engine or anthing that has a VIN. many people steal stereo equipments panels interior peices and then junk the car in some random place for someone else to take care of.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
no one would be able to steal my car and drive away because i took precautions but if someone really wanted it, they would get it. ive heard stories of people hiring crooked tow truck drivers to provide fake repo papers and the tow truck to steal a car. but besides taking my steering wheel off and bringing it inside with me every night, having a hidden electronics cut off switch and having an alarm, i still keep my winchester defender loaded and accessible for anyone creepin on my car in the night.
You must live in a BAD area. That is Excessive.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 PM
then you should keep an eye out for me KELSO because im gonna away with your baby and as i smash in it... .

Old 03-13-2008, 01:26 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cavie187
You must live in a BAD area. That is Excessive.
hahaha actually i live in a really really nice neighborhood. but i am an excessive, obsessive personality. i cant help it.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
hahaha actually i live in a really really nice neighborhood. but i am an excessive, obsessive personality. i cant help it.
Better safe than sorry i guess, but pushing the "lock" button would probably do the trick.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL!
I know who's car not to pull a prank on in the middle of the night. You would straight kill me for that! Literally lol!

Tyler

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i wouldn't worry about getting our cars stolen until it's about 7-8yrs old
and parts are scarce. perhaps lock your wheels if you park on the street.

heard a lot of wheels getting stolen.