General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Honda dealer said: (True/ Not True ?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 AM
The Honda dealer said: (True/ Not True ?)

Hello,...as I decide on what to buy, I had the enjoyment of hearing just how amazing the Fit is, but I have found some things confusing about what the Honda dealer said about the Fit, 2007 & brand new models.. Here are the things I have confusion with:

1. As I was driving around in a 2007 Honda Fit, the Honda salesman claimed that the Fit has an optional V-Tech engine: True or Not True ?

2. The Honda salesman claimed Honda Fit can have a trailer hitch mounted to it and it can easily haul a camper: True or Not True ?

3. The Honda salesman claimed that there is a Honda made roof rack that I buy as an accessory: True or Not True ?

4. The Honda salesman said that the sticker price is "non negotiable": True or Not True ?

5. The Honda salesman claimed that I can have Honda paint the car any color they offer for any other car: True or Not True ?

Several years ago, I was test driving an Accord there, that pulled very hard to the left ( I couldn't take my hands off the wheel or I'd crash )..in addition, the breaks were mushy, and I did a little guess work as to how many miles were on it by the amount of body wear, and the dealer claimed that those 56K miles were accurate, although the engine looked about as worn as my 94 Civic that has nearly 180K on it.. They claimed there was "nothing wrong with the car", and that they "inspected it before offering it up for sale". Well, that was obviously B.S.

Same dealer.. I took my Civic in one time to see what a "knocking" sound was coming from the rear end of the car.. A service tech stooped over my rear tire, placed his hand on the tire, and felt the surface of the tire and claimed that the nearly new tire had "sever cupping", "which is a sign that the car needs some major suspension work".

I took the car into my local Firestone service center. They put the car on the lift, removed the tires, wiggles a few things, and determined that the suspension was "fine". However, a muffler hanger was loose and a new one had to be installed.. I added an oil change to the that, and the bill together was just over 40 bucks!

For what ever reason, I continue to shop at this dealer, thinking that I must have ran into a few bad apples over the last 10 years, and that by now, they might be gone/ fired, but it seems like their standard is to lie to every customer they can get away with..

So, after consulting with the Honda Fit accessory brochure, I find no trailer hitch, no additional colors other than the ones they offer for the Fit. I believe that the V-Tech engine is standard, and not an option, and that Honda doesn't make a luggage / roof rack. & that sticker price,...is it really non negotiable..?

Sorry, I didn't think I'd type this much..

JP

Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
1. As I was driving around in a 2007 Honda Fit, the Honda salesman claimed that the Fit has an optional V-Tech engine:
TRUE: The USDM Fit comes with a 1.5L VTEC (not optional)

2. The Honda salesman claimed Honda Fit can have a trailer hitch mounted to it and it can easily haul a camper:
IDK about easily, but YES there is a spot for a hitch.

3. The Honda salesman claimed that there is a Honda made roof rack that I buy as an accessory:
TRUE

4. The Honda salesman said that the sticker price is "non negotiable":
FALSE. I got an awesome deal on mine through a friend of the family.

5. The Honda salesman claimed that I can have Honda paint the car any color they offer for any other car:
Most models share the same colors anyway. I honestly don't know of any colors that other models have that the Fit doesn't.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JPfit
Hello,...as I decide on what to buy, I had the enjoyment of hearing just how amazing the Fit is, but I have found some things confusing about what the Honda dealer said about the Fit, 2007 & brand new models.. Here are the things I have confusion with:

1. As I was driving around in a 2007 Honda Fit, the Honda salesman claimed that the Fit has an optional V-Tech engine: True or Not True ?

2. The Honda salesman claimed Honda Fit can have a trailer hitch mounted to it and it can easily haul a camper: True or Not True ?

3. The Honda salesman claimed that there is a Honda made roof rack that I buy as an accessory: True or Not True ?

4. The Honda salesman said that the sticker price is "non negotiable": True or Not True ?

5. The Honda salesman claimed that I can have Honda paint the car any color they offer for any other car: True or Not True ?

Several years ago, I was test driving an Accord there, that pulled very hard to the left ( I couldn't take my hands off the wheel or I'd crash )..in addition, the breaks were mushy, and I did a little guess work as to how many miles were on it by the amount of body wear, and the dealer claimed that those 56K miles were accurate, although the engine looked about as worn as my 94 Civic that has nearly 180K on it.. They claimed there was "nothing wrong with the car", and that they "inspected it before offering it up for sale". Well, that was obviously B.S.

Same dealer.. I took my Civic in one time to see what a "knocking" sound was coming from the rear end of the car.. A service tech stooped over my rear tire, placed his hand on the tire, and felt the surface of the tire and claimed that the nearly new tire had "sever cupping", "which is a sign that the car needs some major suspension work".

I took the car into my local Firestone service center. They put the car on the lift, removed the tires, wiggles a few things, and determined that the suspension was "fine". However, a muffler hanger was loose and a new one had to be installed.. I added an oil change to the that, and the bill together was just over 40 bucks!

For what ever reason, I continue to shop at this dealer, thinking that I must have ran into a few bad apples over the last 10 years, and that by now, they might be gone/ fired, but it seems like their standard is to lie to every customer they can get away with..

So, after consulting with the Honda Fit accessory brochure, I find no trailer hitch, no additional colors other than the ones they offer for the Fit. I believe that the V-Tech engine is standard, and not an option, and that Honda doesn't make a luggage / roof rack. & that sticker price,...is it really non negotiable..?

JP
Alrighty, the REAL truth

1. NOT TRUE: All Fit's come with a 1.5L SOHC VTEC motor in North America.

2. SOMEWHAT TRUE: You can mount a trailer hitch to the Fit, but I'm not sure if it can easily haul a camper...depends on the size and weight.

3. SOMEWHAT TRUE: There is a roof rack that you can buy, but I don't believe Honda makes it. Some Honda dealers may sell it as an accessory, but it is aftermarket.

4. NOT TRUE: This really depends on your dealer. Some are more willing to deal than others.

5. NOT TRUE: Unless they plan on re-painting it for you at a body shop, Honda and all other car companies (except high end companies) only offer the paint that they've assigned to the vehicle.

This dealership is so full of BS, I highly suggest you go elsewhere...too many retarded comments...they are just trying to milk you of your money

Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM
run away. there is only one us engine, according to honda you cannot tow anything, everything is negotiable, i have never seen a honda roof rack,
RUN
Andrew

Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM

JP
1. VTEC is standard on USDM Fits.
2. Perhaps.
3. I dont think there is a Honda roof rack for USDM Fits...however perhaps in other markets?!?!?
4. Not true. I believe that there have been people on this site that got decent deals.
5. Not true. There is only a select number of colors for each market.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
1. As I was driving around in a 2007 Honda Fit, the Honda salesman claimed that the Fit has an optional V-Tech engine:
TRUE: The USDM Fit comes with a 1.5L VTEC (not optional)
LOL dood...that is a FALSE statement

I'm sure you can tow something small with the Fit. Hell, I could tow a small trailer with my smart car!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate your feedback!

In regards to the sticker price for a Sport model, what price could I get..?

Thankfully there is David Hobbs Honda in town.. I'll just go there..

JP

Last edited by JPfit; 03-13-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX

5. The Honda salesman claimed that I can have Honda paint the car any color they offer for any other car:
Most models share the same colors anyway. I honestly don't know of any colors that other models have that the Fit doesn't.

How about yellow, green, dark blue, maroon, beige for starters?

Also, you got a deal cause it was through a friend of the family...for the rest of us who don't associate with anyone from Honda, it's difficult to cut any kind of deal since their mindset seems to be "if you don't buy, somebody else will" .

Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
yo i agree with that everyone says... i also think you should find another dealer... i mean lieing to sell at Fit?!?!?!?!?! the car sells it self! it seems like that dealer is full of bovine fecal material..... move on

Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 PM
page 173 of my 2008 owner's manual:

Your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer. Attempting to do so can void your warranties.

Having said that.. i added a tow hitch to my 91 Honda CRX HF (like 68 hp) and towed a small flat trailer on which I put my sportbike when I did track days...

So I suspect it can be done.. but beware ... Your tranny goes, you take it in they see the ball (or if you remove it the mounting holes of whatever..) you could be in trouble.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by tolnep
page 173 of my 2008 owner's manual:

Your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer. Attempting to do so can void your warranties.

Having said that.. i added a tow hitch to my 91 Honda CRX HF (like 68 hp) and towed a small flat trailer on which I put my sportbike when I did track days...

So I suspect it can be done.. but beware ... Your tranny goes, you take it in they see the ball (or if you remove it the mounting holes of whatever..) you could be in trouble.
Wow! good to know! Thanks!

JP

Old 03-13-2008, 01:39 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NOVA79
How about yellow, green, dark blue, maroon, beige for starters?

Also, you got a deal cause it was through a friend of the family...for the rest of us who don't associate with anyone from Honda, it's difficult to cut any kind of deal since their mindset seems to be "if you don't buy, somebody else will" .
thats bull haha i dont have any family friends and i told the dealer str8 up ill give you 100 over invoice or a i walk and he said lets sign papers haha lol your not trying to hard or your getting pushed around if they tell you someone else will buy it lol

Old 03-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by s0x
thats bull haha i dont have any family friends and i told the dealer str8 up ill give you 100 over invoice or a i walk and he said lets sign papers haha lol your not trying to hard or your getting pushed around if they tell you someone else will buy it lol
Mind if I ask what that amount is (before the 100$ that is)..?

JP

Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
yet u didnt come to me and pay less...

Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Mind if I ask what that amount is (before the 100$ that is)..?

JP
i honestly dont remember what invoice is but its something like 15.4k for the sport model manual just google honda fit invoice price lol

Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
i wanted to go with you but i told my co signer...."my friend chris can get me an awsome deal" and he replied with awsome lets go. and i said okay to fontana we go and he replied with... HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH....... lets go to aneheim .... no jokes

Old 03-13-2008, 02:07 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
correction i paid 14,900 plus destination tax and licence....

Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
no away. that salesman is nothing but trouble. everything he said was a lie

Old 03-13-2008, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Talking JDMChris

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
You should go to CA and buy your car from JDMChris. I bet that lying salesman in Milwaukee can't dance anything like him!

Old 03-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Hahahaha optional vtec.... funny

(not making fun of you, but your salesman)

Quick Reply: The Honda dealer said: (True/ Not True ?)