General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I'm back guys! :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Talking I'm back guys! :)

I have been undecided on whether to get the Element, Accord, Fit, or Ridgeline. I don't think the fit is a manly car considering i see nothing but girls driving them. But i do want one. Do you guys think if i put rims, tint and custom lights that it will be "MASCULINE" ? I really want one. BTW I miss all yall Fit people.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Welcome back new old member! Wow, that's a pretty broad spectrum of cars you're considering but I guess if you really care about how people perceive you by the car you drive, nothing says "aggressive" more than a tank.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by HapaLynai
Welcome back new old member! Wow, that's a pretty broad spectrum of cars you're considering but I guess if you really care about how people perceive you by the car you drive, nothing says "aggressive" more than a tank.
I think a tank would be high on gas though..

I think i'll just get a Fit. Nothing is wrong with them, i just didn't want to be "labeled" wrong.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:21 AM
There was a couple threads ago on all the crap that people would say about Fits. Typically they shut there mouths after they find out about the magic seats, gas mileage, handeling, and price. I think its a great car but yea you have an interesting list of possible rides. You would save a lot of money by getting the fit so thats always nice.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Dude this forum is made up of 90% guys with Fits! Alot of guys drive them too! If you like it, get it! Who cares if poeple think its a chick car. Make it whatever you want through mods!

Tyler

Old 03-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Consider this:

You get a Ridgeline and people think are you trying to compensate for something else. (Unless you actually haul lumber 3 days a week).

Function > Form

Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
well if you want masculine maybe a big huge truck would be a better choice haha. but if you want your fit to scream, "i'm a man!" then you can just put some flame decals all over it and hang those fake balls from the rear. or get a custom paintjob of naked girls on the hood of the car lol.

i'm just kidding but yeah the fit is a cute car in my opinion, but it's still tight like every honda hatchback! it is manly-er than many other cars just because it's the best haha.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
or turbo it and blow lots of people away =) that'll shut them up

Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
[quote=doctordoom;256143]well if you want masculine maybe a big huge truck would be a better choice haha. but if you want your fit to scream, "i'm a man!" then you can just put some flame decals all over it and hang those fake balls from the rear[quote]

Truck Nuts on a Fit. You know, I'm so sick of seeing those, I told my staff that I should get a couple of basketballs and put them in a burlap bag and hang that from the back of my Fit. Kinda like a Chihuahua.

Another guy here with a Fit. Nothing feminine about it in my opinion. But there are plenty of body mod kits out there that will definitely make it look more aggressive. Check out the pics and video forum, and you'll see some sweet looking modified rides.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
People say all small car's look like,"chick car's".So they get a big car,but don't relieaze the penis pump's not included. Don't sweat what other's say about the Fit's,when gas is $4 a gallon and they switch car's to smaller one's,you can alway's say,"but I thought you didn't like chick car's.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
The Fit isn't a chick car man... neither is the Miata... but the 350Z is!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by JackBurton
The Fit isn't a chick car man... neither is the Miata... but the 350Z is!!!

true true in orlando i have NEVER seen a girl driving a fit we have a lot of modded fits down here and guys drive them all 350 noting but a chick car.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
From one of several chicks that drives a Fit and mine is getting ready to have a K & N intake system added on - the mods just keep a comin! I actually had a guy in a Ridgeline come up to me at Krogers and asked me if I would like to take his Ridgeline and give him my Fit. Then another guy driving a Dodge Ram stopped to walk around me as I was waiting in line at Dairy Queen to say that he really liked my car. I have to say from personal experience I have had more guys attracted to this car than women - that includes guys that drive up and park beside the car just to look it over. The car is great whether your a chick or a guy - it's just a cool car to own!!

Cat :x

Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
yeah fool, go get yourself a TC. since you mainly see girls in fits.

i mainly see guys in fits, GIRLS drive Tc around here. heh

anyways. yeah drop the ride, put some sick wheels,bigger spoiler, and some engine stuff. i think it will look "aggressive".

i think my fit looks
"masculine"

Old 03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KonaKoo
I have been undecided on whether to get the Element, Accord, Fit, or Ridgeline. I don't think the fit is a manly car considering i see nothing but girls driving them. But i do want one. Do you guys think if i put rims, tint and custom lights that it will be "MASCULINE" ? I really want one. BTW I miss all yall Fit people.
doenst matter wat you put on the car, if you're insecure you
need to do something about that first. covering that up with a car is
meaningless. i think wat you need first is a girlfriend. lol

Old 03-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
doenst matter wat you put on the car, if you're insecure you
need to do something about that first. covering that up with a car is
meaningless. i think wat you need first is a girlfriend. lol
haha. I have a girlfriend. But you guys have really good points. If i get a Ridgeline, i'll most likely never use the back of it. So that's pointless. Also, the forum DOES consist of about 90% guys. So yeah, i'll get a Fit.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Mr.Ball
People say all small car's look like,"chick car's".So they get a big car,but don't relieaze the penis pump's not included. Don't sweat what other's say about the Fit's,when gas is $4 a gallon and they switch car's to smaller one's,you can alway's say,"but I thought you didn't like chick car's.
Saw $4 gas today (actually $3.9x)... granted it was premium, but it's not too far behind.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Hahaha

This is a funny-ass thread.

Tell ya what. If VW Beetle convertibles were reliable and affordable, I'd love to have one. Don't care if it's pink. I think they're cool-looking.

Miata, ditto.

Mini Cooper, ditto. (Too expensive for my wallet, unfortunately.)

I'm a guy. A very straight guy. But I have this personal issue called "don't give a %~*# what anyone thinks". If I'm the one paying for the car, I will buy the one that I want, forget the stigma. My Fit is manly because it's mine. If a girl buys one just like it, hers will be girly because it's hers.
Cat, for example, has lots more "badass" mods on her Fit than I have on mine, and I know it doesn't make her feel like less of a gal.

If you are secure enough that you're a guy, just buy the best car for you. And it does get the best gas mileage of those you listed, it hauls a hell of a lot of stuff, it's the least expensive, and the insurance is probably lowest. Have you driven a Fit? Tons of fun! It has got to be the second-most-fun way to not spend a lot of money on gas.

Best to ya.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KonaKoo
haha. I have a girlfriend. But you guys have really good points. If i get a Ridgeline, i'll most likely never use the back of it. So that's pointless. Also, the forum DOES consist of about 90% guys. So yeah, i'll get a Fit.
atleast you got the right color in mind!

Old 03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
..... I drive a chick car. Sorta. Still love it though.

Quick Reply: I'm back guys! :)