General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does anyone find the front seats good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Does anyone find the front seats good?

Does anyone like the front seats for long trips? I keep hearing about how bad they are does anyone have anything good to say about them?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Front seats and back seats are uncomfortable in my opinion. Actually that is the first thing that I notice when I first test drove my fit. Its uncomfortable, maybe because I was used to my Honda Accord and my parent 06 Civic seats. I got used to it though, I'm not sure about the back seats if I will get use to that. the only thing that i like about the back seats, lots of leg room.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Drove 600 miles round trip. No complaints from myslef or the passenger.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
I have driven my Fit to Florida and southern AL (roughly 300 miles each way) about 12 times, and I have no complaints either. Feels like a car.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
I have driven my Fit to Florida and southern AL (roughly 300 miles each way) about 12 times, and I have no complaints either. Feels like a car.
+1 45k miles this last year. Its no LazyBoy, but it beats sitting on the floor.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
If you fat at all the front seat back bolster will take some getting use to. They are aggressive. Also no adjustable lumbar in the front.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I was used to a truck, but I am finding the Fit more comfortable. I added an armrest which helped alot. I am waiting for the weather here in CT to warm uo and will put in the dead pedal I got from Zeta Products. No onehas had a bad thing to say about it.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
for me im fine with longer trips... longer means my drives on the
weekend mornings are at least 2hrs and ive never had issues with
the seats.

find a decent position and dont change the setting for a week so
that your body fits into the seat. some people change it so often
it stresses their body more.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM
The only time me and my seats don't get along is driving with a my wallet in my back pocket. For whatever reason its very uncomfortable to have the wallet in my pocket in this car.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
I would say, take your wallet out of your back pocket until the seats break in a little. My only complaint.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, a wallet is uncomfortable to sit on for long. This isn't a Fit problem, it's an asymmetry problem. On any trip longer than a few miles, just take your wallet out of your pocket, no matter what kind of vehicle you're in. it's much easier on your back when you aren't sitting on something that makes you sit unevenly like that.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 AM
That is why by wallet is a business card case. 1 CC & 1 debit card plus cash. Don't need all the rest of the crap. A physical therapist told me that guys wallets will agrevate sciatica.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skittles
Does anyone like the front seats for long trips? I keep hearing about how bad they are does anyone have anything good to say about them?
I like the front seats. They are firm and give good side support, just the way they should. Some like softer seats. But for longer trips I prefer them harder.

I have not tried the back seats myself, but I have had passengers in my car that said they was firm, but comfortable. And the ride itself is verry comfortable according to a girl that felt asleep in the back seat on a 50km trip. She told me she never sleeps in a car mostly because she get carsick verry easy. This was her first comfortable ride in a car ever.

So, it depends on how you like the seats to be.
I dont think they are perfect, they could have had more side support. And I would have liked a better hight and back support adjustment. But then again, I have droven a 6500km trip last year and had no problem with the seats.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
There's basically no lumbar support in the front seats, and it got to be a problem for me the day I brought it home. Since I had a 300-mile drive the very next day, I used a medium-sized towel rolled up to create some lumbar support for the drive. Worked GREAT. In the last few months, I've more or less gotten used to it, but I'm planning on installing some upholstry foam in the lumbar area soon. I just need to get my factory service manual to see how all the seat sensors and air bags work first. I think an inch of firm foam between the seat back springs and the factory cushion material would do wonders, and should be easy to install.

HF

Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Retired Moderator
I dont mind them for short trips and around town driving.
They are not the best as far as keeping you square in your seat around hard corners which is annoying.
For long trips im not sure since ive never really done a "long" trip with my Fit.

Tyler

Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, i stopped putting my wallet in my back pocket years ago and
that helped tremendously. also wearing loose pants helps too.

but i think the OP's talking about back hurting?

Old 03-02-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
i actulay love the seats!

Old 03-02-2008, 12:45 PM
i love the seats too, beats the hell out of my del sol seats.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 PM
I have no complaints. Longest I've driven is half a day.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I think the seats look nice

They are a bit on the stiff side, seat cusion wise.
I prefered the seats in my 7th gen Civic coupe to these but they are better than some other ones I tried recently.
I think they hold you in "ok" in the turns, again nothing that stands out except the versatility they offer.
The new Civics are too tight fitting for me to get comfy, but a cross between the new Civic and The current USDM Fit would probably be great seat wise.

I also prefer to sit further back and lower down than the Fit allows, and I am still a bit injured so.....it might get a little better with time.

I can say though that my bum hurts after about a half hour of sitting in this car.
I really hope that changes...

Quick Reply: Does anyone find the front seats good?