General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does anyone find the front seats good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
i love the seats, i thought they were so comfortable when i test drove it and i still think they are almost 2 years later...even the back seats i think they are comfy!!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
I want a stock slider to lower my seat down more. I am not sure if any company makes one.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by dank24
I want a stock slider to lower my seat down more. I am not sure if any company makes one.
I dont think you could really move the stock seat further down. Maybe the back part of the seat bottom, but thats all I can see happening.

I would dig to sit a bit further back but then my view to my left would probably just be the pillar....

Old 03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
For around the town things and short trips they are nice. I drove from CT to Florida in my Fit with a friend and it got brutal after a while driving straight through for 23 hours. I'm guessing it would be the same for most any car though. I've done the trip before in a '95 Ford Ranger which was even more uncomfortable lol.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
from what i hear....
compared to the versa the fits seats are worlds better..
they are longer on the bottom and theres a lot more hip room..
i haven't sat in the versa tho so im just repeating what i hear...

-- now from my view- (not that you really care lol)
i think they are fine i only drive about 80 miles a day, when im working an the longest trip was about 3 hours nonstop, and they never felt uncomforatble..
also when i drove my uncle around town they were up visiting...EVERY time he tried to get out he didnt take the seatbelt off. he said it was such a comfortable seatbelt, he basically didnt feel it and forgot to unbuckle it every time.. it was kinda funny watching him (or anyone in that case) try and get out

Old 03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of shocked no one else beotcing about them touchy side bolster. When I test drove mine, I almost backed out when I found they could not be adjusted.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
original:
i enjoy the side bolsters nice on those fit turns.
edited:
i enjoy the side bolsters on those nice fit turns.

Last edited by billmus86; 03-02-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: ehh..
Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
the seats sucks IMO when compared to my accord seats.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 AM
I think the seats are "ok". Nothing to brag about, nothing to whine about.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
I like them

They seem to suit my size (5'7", 165lbs) and put all the controls (steering wheel, radio, shifter, pedals etc.) in just the right places. I'll probably be less a fan of the dark color when the VA summer heat hits.

I am curious if there are any bolt in replacements that don't affect airbag operations. I've seen some cool racing seats that might be a nice splurge but don't know how they might affect safety features or if installation requires modding the mounts.

RG

Old 03-03-2008, 09:14 AM
my $0.02

for some reason, these seats make my right leg cramp on long distance drives. Im still breaking the seats in, and it may be my wallet, but i dunno, ive never had this problem in other cars. more tests are required.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skittles
Does anyone like the front seats for long trips? I keep hearing about how bad they are does anyone have anything good to say about them?
I just did a one-hour test drive of an '08 Fit this afternoon and love the car, but I need some way to get the seat height up, as it's too low for me and creating a problem for my ankel on the accelerator. My 67 year old 6'-1" frame isn't as flexible as it once was. Anybody know of a way to make the driver seat height adjustable? Something like my wife's '02 Golf TDI drivers seat, which has a quick manual height adjustment system.
-Rod

Old 03-03-2008, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Caution_NoobDriver
for some reason, these seats make my right leg cramp on long distance drives. Im still breaking the seats in, and it may be my wallet, but i dunno, ive never had this problem in other cars. more tests are required.
That isn't from the seats, it is because the pedals are located father back than on other cars, and the gas pedal is very very light.
You need to take your pick: either have the pedals too close to your feet, or slide the seat back and have the steering wheel and shifter too far from your hands.

Once your shin/ankle muscles get broken in, it will go away.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
tin
5 Year Member
I went on a 3 day road trip with the Fit, the seats were good overall, but there were other issues:

- Can't "rest" my right foot on the gas petal because of the drive by wire. My old car's gas pedal was attached to a cable and pushes back when I step on it.

- No place to stretch out the left foot. I now have a dead petal, so problem solved.

- Gas tank in the way when I try to pull my left foot in towards me.

The seat made my bum numb, but I think any seat will do that after 5 hours of straight driving.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by RichXKU
That isn't from the seats, it is because the pedals are located father back than on other cars, and the gas pedal is very very light.
You need to take your pick: either have the pedals too close to your feet, or slide the seat back and have the steering wheel and shifter too far from your hands......
This is one of the reasons I'm waiting for the '09 - the seats look better and I think the steering wheel can be adjusted in/out.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
i found the seats fine for regular driving..but the seats do not offer enough lateral support when you push the suspension to the limit......so i put in a couple of brides...driver and passenger r very happy with the set up and the car gets to do it's thing without my face pressed up against the side window...lol..

Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM
i really like the seats. I think that they are very comfortable

Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Darkstars
The only time me and my seats don't get along is driving with a my wallet in my back pocket. For whatever reason its very uncomfortable to have the wallet in my pocket in this car.

Off topic just a tad, but this brings up an interesting topic - I cannot AT ALL understand how other guys sit on their wallets all day/night. I don't even like having important things in my back pocket (out of my vision) -let alone sitting on it! I've always kept my wallet in my front pocket since I was a kid. I may never understand how you guys do it.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
The seats absolutely suck IMO. Hell, my 1992 Jetta GLI had factory Recaro's in it, those were nice. My biggest gripe is that the seats aren't height adjustable. I always liked to have my sear sit lower in the back than the front. I have since fixed the problem of my back killing me by a memory foam seat cover purchased from Target.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
I'm 5'10 and 140lbs so the side bolsters do jack shit for me. I wish they were more aggressively bolstered because they definitely do not hold me in place. Maybe the seats on Japanese Fits are smaller?

I drove for 7 hours straight and it got pretty uncomfortable after a while, but with the inevitably pee breaks it was alright. Definitely not near as comfortable as my dad's Solara or my mom's Prius.

Quick Reply: Does anyone find the front seats good?