General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

IPTUNED buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
IPTUNED buying experience

So I placed an order with IPTuned for an HKS drop-in filter. It took them 2 weeks before they even got around to shipping it yet they charged my card the day I placed the order. Then when they did ship it, I paid for UPS but the shipped it U.S. Postal service for $12.95!!! Give me a break!! Even the order confirmation shows it will be shipped UPS Ground.....being in charge of a small business I can tell you, you never charge the customer before the goods shp not to mention screw them on the shipping method.

Has anyone had other negative experiences with IPTUNED?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Thats weird.
They were super fast and right on it when i order from them.

Tyler

Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
that sounds shitty... i wont be ordering from them... thanks for sharing our experience!

Old 03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
same experience with me, somewhat, they couldn't even find a status on my order for a couple of days. Won't be ordering from them after that experience.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
that sounds shitty... i wont be ordering from them... thanks for sharing our experience!

my words exactly

Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i found the same with them... the 3-4 times i ordered. i had to
keep calling them asking for updates on the tracking number.
lost at least 3 days just for that. then takes another 4 days
for UPS.... it was poorly executed but their prices are hard to
beat. you get wat you pay for. i highly recommend you keep
bugging them for the tracking# morning and afternoon.

on the other hand, ive had great experience with AJRacing,
BulletProofAutomotive, and H-Fit.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
great...... i just ordered springs from them last night... hope everythings works out and i dont get f***ed

Old 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
yea Ive heard bad from them, a member on here had credit card fraud from them, they didnt shread his info and some1 got it

Old 03-02-2008, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fazzster
So I placed an order with IPTuned for an HKS drop-in filter. It took them 2 weeks before they even got around to shipping it yet they charged my card the day I placed the order. Then when they did ship it, I paid for UPS but the shipped it U.S. Postal service for $12.95!!! Give me a break!! Even the order confirmation shows it will be shipped UPS Ground.....being in charge of a small business I can tell you, you never charge the customer before the goods shp not to mention screw them on the shipping method.

Has anyone had other negative experiences with IPTUNED?
+ packaging + manpower

That is how a business is ran. They have to stay above the water. I know from experience from my own family ran business.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned
Dan-
I would be really pissed in your situation, and like your family, in my business I NEVER run the customer's card until the order is packaged and the UPS label is on it, waiting for pickup. If the card is invalid, I cancel the pickup and get in touch with the customer.

Lots of Internet vendors do not indicate how they ship, and anyone who ships to me via USPS is telling me that he does not care if, or in what condition, my order is delivered. I always ship via UPS or FedEx because my customers deserve the best security if I already have their money from the credit card transaction.

To illustrate the complete unreliability of the USPS (at least in my area), once per year my Post Office leaves a bill in my box for the yearly P.O. box rental fee. Last year, I put my check in their return envelope that was self addressed to- Postmaster, Boulder Creek, CA, and never thought about it again.

Until I tried to unlock the box to get my mail 1 1/2 months later, and found that they had changed the lock due to "non-payment". My check went into the U.S. Mail alternate universe. When they lose their own gdamned mail, you know that your business can't trust them with your own customer deliveries. Sorry for the off-topic rant. Down with the USPS!!!!!!!

Last edited by manxman; 03-02-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Ah, I was saying the price wise. If I was shipping Priority which will be like around what $8-9 for it plus box, plus my manpower etc etc. it really isn't that much.

Like when i see shipping around $60-80 for coilovers or something. That is out of hand. B/c I have shipped engine heads and short blocks cross county from $35-75 ups.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Big thanks for the info, they where one of the sites I was looking at for possibility buy parts from.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ive been screwed by a few previous vendors on here, dont worry as they arent active anymore.

One of them, I bought something and never received it. I called wondering what was going on. They said it was back ordered. Back ordered for 4 months! Finally gets to my house and go figure, wrong part. Losers wouldnt overnight my correct order either. Figured they would have been courteous enough to overnight the real part.

Different vendor
Then I got the wrong JDM tails. They also would not overnight the ones I wanted. I never understood why the customer should be punished for the sellers mistakes. The seller should automatically have that thought in their head.

"Ohh, I better make this all better by overnighting the REAL product."
Unless its a really heavy part. So youll lose some money in the end, I think having returning customers is better.

Dont get me started on my Megan header situation.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Ive read a few experiences from them, I dont remember any of them being good.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
great! well i just ordered an HKS hi power off there on friday....i should have asked !

Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
duly noted, thanks all that shared

Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dank24
+ packaging + manpower

That is how a business is ran. They have to stay above the water. I know from experience from my own family ran business.
I paid for UPS Ground shipping and my order confirm stated it will ship UPS but when they shipped it, they shipped it USPS Priority. This would only cost around $6.00 and the USPS box does not cost them a anything. I was charged $12.95 for a 1 lb package and the unreliability of the Postal Service to get the package to me especially where I live in East Bum F__K.

One of the biggest sins in business is never to run the customers credit card if you cannot ship in at least a day or two's time. Every reputable mail order business does this. I get the feeling that IPTUNED does not have the capital to stock an airfilter let alone any other product. There is nothing wrong with a "drop ship" business but come on...they could have told me it was on back order........

Now, ASpec on the other hand does it right. They have great customer service and ship in a timely fashion. Tuan ALWAYS replied to my emails and praise God they billed my card the day it shipped!!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by fazzster
I paid for UPS Ground shipping and my order confirm stated it will ship UPS but when they shipped it, they shipped it USPS Priority. This would only cost around $6.00 and the USPS box does not cost them a anything. I was charged $12.95 for a 1 lb package and the unreliability of the Postal Service to get the package to me especially where I live in East Bum F__K.

One of the biggest sins in business is never to run the customers credit card if you cannot ship in at least a day or two's time. Every reputable mail order business does this. I get the feeling that IPTUNED does not have the capital to stock an airfilter let alone any other product. There is nothing wrong with a "drop ship" business but come on...they could have told me it was on back order........

Now, ASpec on the other hand does it right. They have great customer service and ship in a timely fashion. Tuan ALWAYS replied to my emails and praise God they billed my card the day it shipped!!
You got screwed by Iptuned, and you are right!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Same here...I ordered something a couple weeks ago and still have not received notification of shipment; this is after several email and phone calls. If I don't get info on shipment this week, I'll be contacting PayPal about this, and then I'll be contacting better business bureau.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
i've never had problems with them but then again they are local and I pick up all my products. Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
i was about to order my hks exhaust from them...but i purchased from ljnet instead. phew

Quick Reply: IPTUNED buying experience