General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Funny question I was asked about my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Soccer Mom Penis Envy---the worst kind.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Very dumb lady and by the sounds of it...it couldve been an ignorant comment. I had a friend of one of my lady friends whom I dont really like tell me that my car was so small that she could probably fit it in her purse. (I knew she was pushing my buttons.) As she laughed, I fakingly laughed too. I swear I came pretty close to saying that it could probably fit in her big fu#%ing mouth! But figured be best just to ignore her. haha.

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 03-07-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I would have replied to that stupid twat:

"do you mean completely dead, or just MOSTLY dead?"

Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
It took me a little while, but I found this very appropriate pic. Maybe you should print it and carry it with you to hand to her next time you see her draining out the underground storage tanks to fill her Hummer.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
i would have smiled at her and peed on her tires HAHA
(jk of course)

Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 AM
wow that dodge looks like it took that very well...well, better than that hummer .pppfffsss.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:19 AM
I would have asked her if she's read a newspaper lately and how her conscience allows her to drive something as obscene as an H2 with everything that is happening in the world right now.

I can honestly say I would be uncomfortable just riding in someone ELSE's H2. To me at least, very few vehicles scream "I'm an a**hole!" quite like the H2 does hahahahaha

Old 06-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
dude,
my best friend drives a hummer, don't bash on them
i love it.
but it drives just like any other suv
kinda hoping for something a little different.
but that lady is crazy!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Wow!, I just don't get the gas-guzzler bashing thing. It makes about as much sense to hate Chinese people because the development of China has caused the worldwide demand for oil to increase in recent years.

In addition, it isn't just increased demand that has the price of oil so high right now. You can thank the fat cats on Wall Street for more than half of what a barrel of oil goes for these days.

Perhaps 60 percent of today’s oil price is pure speculation

Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
well you know us Americans have been spoon feed this crap that bigger is better/safer. Even though she might pay $80.00 in gas to feel "safe", I sure wouldnt ridin next to her (sorry have bad experience with women SUV drivers).

Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
No offense guys. It's just my opinion. It goes way beyond just how much gas you use. It's about conspicuous consumption and focusing on your own safety at the expense of other people by driving something 3x the size of a normal car. I just think it says something about a person and their lack of humility if that is what they choose as a daily driver, sorry.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by vtec just kicked in yo
It's about conspicuous consumption and focusing on your own safety at the expense of other people by driving something 3x the size of a normal car. I just think it says something about a person and their lack of humility if that is what they choose as a daily driver, sorry.
Show me someone who claims that they bought a large SUV as just a commuter vehicle because it was safer, and I'll show you a liar! They're just trying to justify something that, in my opinion, needs no justification in the first place. If you could get an honest answer from 99% of such drivers, I'd bet that "it looks cool, and I can afford it" would be the number one answer. I'm speaking from experience here. Back in 1999, we didn't have a travel trailer as we do now, but we bought a V10 Ford Excursion anyway because we wanted one, and we could afford it (Of course, back then gas was about one-fourth of what it is today). I never pretended it was for safety issues; if I wanted safe, I'd have bought a Volvo wagon or something.

Ok, I just donned the Nomex suit, fire away!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=mdm427;329382]Show me someone who claims that they bought a large SUV as just a commuter vehicle because it was safer, and I'll show you a liar! They're just trying to justify something.

After I sold my company and because a non-compete clause said I had to do something different I sold cars. (really great time)
If a woman was involved it was almost 100% sure that security was the number one reason. If they were in Charlotte in the dark nothing else mattered on the many dozens of SUV's I sold.
It would be interesting to see what the priorities are now based on need for mpg as well as security. Just what would be the choice?Where I lived I suspect a .500 magnum and target practice lessons as an option with the Fit might be a BIG seller.
PS thats not a mistake; S&W does make a bigger handgun than the .44 Magnum. And where we lived grandmas could qualify at Rockingham and more than one owed a large handgun. Could shoot straight too.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I understand the safety in an accident argument, but how does a bigger car keep you safe from assault? Whether you're sitting in a Suburban or Fit, does it not take the same effort for a would-be assailant to break a window and drag a person out?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdm427
I understand the safety in an accident argument, but how does a bigger car keep you safe from assault? Whether you're sitting in a Suburban or Fit, does it not take the same effort for a would-be assailant to break a window and drag a person out?
The reason is simple as shown in many car-jackings. Its easy to hem a Fit in rather than an SUV. A fit - or a Civic - has little power to push out of an entrapment while an SUV can simply push its way out of the entrapment. Few really big vehicles were used by perpetrators of car-jackings.
Big squashes little - on the street or on the track.
Its also a lot harder to open up an SUV than a Fit.
Most of the car-jackings forcibly done were against smaller cars.
Yeah, I know size matters to females.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Ahh, I see.

Me thinks these women must be watching too many crime dramas on television.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by mahout
The reason is simple as shown in many car-jackings. Its easy to hem a Fit in rather than an SUV. A fit - or a Civic - has little power to push out of an entrapment while an SUV can simply push its way out of the entrapment. Few really big vehicles were used by perpetrators of car-jackings.
Big squashes little - on the street or on the track.
Its also a lot harder to open up an SUV than a Fit.
Most of the car-jackings forcibly done were against smaller cars.
Yeah, I know size matters to females.
So carjackers and thieves would rather "hem-in" and smash up and steal a Fit or a Civic worth 1/6 what a nice, leather lined SUV is?

And big squashes little on the track? I'm not even sure what that means or why it is even relevant unless you're talking about a crash-up derby.

Interesting theories you have there.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
i don't really think fits are stolen cause they're small...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Old 06-04-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
hahaha i would have went off on that lady. you should have replied with "yes, im dead. and its all your fault for driving a vehicle that is much larger than necessary and smacking me in my forehad in a front collision. are you on a mission through iraq? do you give jungle tours in your hummer? probably not. you probably use that big heavy p.o.s for a grocery getter and a kiddie cab. dont ask me stupid questions lady". thats what i would have said.

ha ha! well said! what a retard lady! too ignorant to even word her half ass attempt at a low-balled insult properly!

Quick Reply: Funny question I was asked about my car