General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

General Nauseous Feeling...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Arab oil tycoons have ridiculous amounts of money. 'Nuff said.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
^^^^^^^
YUP!!! I am pretty sure thats about the funniest/scariest thing I have seen lately, thanks for the B-Day video....(now I will forever have something to remember this day by....cuz the eclipse last night got fogged in.... booo)
peace

okay..... now.....
I be done...peace...im out....
Dude its your bday? This forum needs to track birthdays and start automatic greeting threads. Happy birthday man. May you have all the birthday cake you can get without throwing up.

Yeah the clouds last night blew, no eclipse to be seen. So just went back inside to watch the Laker game and play CoD4.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
tin
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PhitsPhine
Not being a "hater" I just don't understand. I get this nauseous feeling anytime I hear a tuner exhaust coming from an auto trans vehicle. The errrrrrrroooorrrrr is just soooo un-natural. I've read thread after thread about wanting to put turbos and superchargers on autos also. Come on!! Did you want to drive the car or let the car drive you? Anybody really have a good reason to buy an auto other than "I can't drive a stick" or "I drive in traffic"?
My 89 Camry AT had a really loud exhaust, does that count?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
the first fit i testdrove was an AUTOsport, because i wanted to drive a fit, and that's the only one on the lot at the time. it was DEPRESSINGLY slow. i mean, unsafe IMO.

after driving a manual sport, i bought it that day. NIGHT AND DAY difference.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
many people buy cars to go from point A to point B.. they don't care how they do it although the easier the better.

how they look doing it is usually more important.. also gotta be able to easily drink their coffee and talk on the phone while driving because it's otherwise wasted time.

people who drive manual are the geeks of the auto world.. it's like computers.. your mom will buy a Dell or Apple while a gamer might buy all the parts seperately and build it then try tuning the OS, overclocking, game settings to tweak a little bit more power out of the thing (ie: lighter wheels, exhaust, header, etc etc).

Old 02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, well dont get carried away that YOUR AT on your car is as good
as the true racing AT which is an electronically controlled double+
clutch system. no sluushy torque converter setup. it's much closer
to a MT than the AT on your Fit's.
That's the case with the DSG transmission on the new GTi's and R32's. From what I understand with the DSG, its always in the next gear so when you either manually shift or let the trans shift, there's no delay at all!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
^^^^^^^
YUP!!! I am pretty sure thats about the funniest/scariest thing I have seen lately, thanks for the B-Day video....(now I will forever have something to remember this day by....cuz the eclipse last night got fogged in.... booo)
peace

okay..... now.....
I be done...peace...im out....
Dude i agree lol! That accord video is hillarious!
Happy b-day snap!

Tyler

Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by solbrothers
the first fit i testdrove was an AUTOsport, because i wanted to drive a fit, and that's the only one on the lot at the time. it was DEPRESSINGLY slow. i mean, unsafe IMO.

after driving a manual sport, i bought it that day. NIGHT AND DAY difference.
Its only like a sec slower to 60 lol.

Tyler

Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Sounds to me like the MT folks need barf bags and prozac...or maybe we need a manualfitfreak.net and an autofitfreak.net...or maybe preference is a personal thing...or maybe after shifting gears for 35 years you might want a change...or maybe I'm just an IDIOT!!!

And this will make you even more queasy...I installed a Tanabe touring axleback on my AT. (the horror) A Progress rear sway bar. (urrrpp) And plan on a B-pipe upgrade, spoon?(gag) Then a mugen sport suspension (now I'm really frickin depressed) and if I get a wild hair I'll buy a Jackson supercharger (time to suck a pistol).

Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Automatics with Spongy Torque Converters?

I guess I should have been more specific on what makes "that awful sound". I have a personal dislike for "coffee can exhaust" anyway. Although, I'm sure every intelligent person on this forum can agree that a large chrome tip does not increase performance. "Fit-ters" don't seem like that type anyway.

oh, and YES the GTI Mark IV transmission is AWEEEEESOME!!! According to my coworker (who owns one) it kicks you in the butt on every shift and there is no "lag."

PS. If this message is rambling and incoherent....I just woke up from a nap and I'm kinda groggy. In my current state I wish I had an AT so I could go get some burritos but alas I do not. So much for emergency planning.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, I traded in a 2004 WRX that I modified for autocross due to severe tendon issues in my knees and elbows (I take a strong anti-inflammatory and a pain killer). Simply shifting the WRX would cause me pain in both knees for the whopping 10-15 minutes it takes to get to work. Interestingly enough, I can ride my mountain bike for hours. It seems to be an issue with lateral loading of my knees.

So yeah, getting the Fit Sport in automatic was a requirement for me.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Its only like a sec slower to 60 lol.

Tyler
meh. on teh freeway, going uphill, i went from 70-50 mph. while flooring the accelerator. people passing and honking lol. definately a scary experience.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by J_L
Sounds to me like the MT folks need barf bags and prozac...or maybe we need a manualfitfreak.net and an autofitfreak.net...or maybe preference is a personal thing...or maybe after shifting gears for 35 years you might want a change...or maybe I'm just an IDIOT!!!

And this will make you even more queasy...I installed a Tanabe touring axleback on my AT. (the horror) A Progress rear sway bar. (urrrpp) And plan on a B-pipe upgrade, spoon?(gag) Then a mugen sport suspension (now I'm really frickin depressed) and if I get a wild hair I'll buy a Jackson supercharger (time to suck a pistol).
With what you've put into this car (or plan to) it sounds like a GTI would have been more up your alley. That car actually has a good transmission, already handles great, has a turbo, and stock would probably blow the doors off any Fit. And even with VW's reliability issues its gotta be better than a Honda you've sucked every last HP out of.

only a sec slower? a WHOLE second - no mods? whoa, sounds good to me. Probably equivalent to the 2 hp you gained with that axle back. No, thats probably a 1/4 of a second. Worth every bit of $300 I'm sure.

I love how passionate you guys are - what a great forum fight - isn't this why we're really on this thing to begin with? If we all agreed, wouldn't life be so boring?

Last edited by PhitsPhine; 02-21-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Retired Moderator
meh. on teh freeway, going uphill, i went from 70-50 mph. while flooring the accelerator. people passing and honking lol. definately a scary experience.
Haha are you kidding bro?
You must have been in a defective Fit lol, mine doesnt have that problem. I can easily go from 70-80 while going up freeway hills.

Tyler

Old 02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
cheers.

: passes e-beers to manual fit owners :

: passes e-wine coolers to auto fit owners :

:P

Old 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Haha are you kidding bro?
You must have been in a defective Fit lol, mine doesnt have that problem. I can easily go from 70-80 while going up freeway hills.

Tyler
nah dude. first time in my driving career that i was SCARED! lol.

i was like, when's the next offramp

Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by J_L
you sound like an "old-timer" so this probably doesn't apply to you (you probably work on your own car) but another thing makes me even more ill.

"tuners" that pay someone else to turn wrenches. So when you kick someone's butt with your car, do you give credit to your mechanic or to your vast insight into what to throw money at? hmm, a whole new thread "Wrench it yourself vs pay someone else?"

Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Retired Moderator
nah dude. first time in my driving career that i was SCARED! lol.

i was like, when's the next offramp

Your straight talking crap about the AT lol...Maybe it was the driver lol..
I have no probs with the freeway.

Tyler

Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Your straight talking crap about the AT lol...Maybe it was the driver lol..
I have no probs with the freeway.

Tyler
lol. nah tyler... actually, yeah. i'll never have another AT car. *crosses fingers*

ive already destroyed two automatic transmissions in two different cars.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
A shout out to all my homies that learned to drive on a stick, tested on a stick, and continue to drive a stick! Word to ya mudda, yo. hee hee

my father raised me right, other than a Dodge Van incident in the late 70's he (nor my mother) has ever owned a AT.

Quick Reply: General Nauseous Feeling...