General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Adjustable/replacement Pedals???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Adjustable/replacement Pedals???

So I've unfortunately and very quickly come to realize that the pedals on the fit are not working with my big feet, the angle/positioning is HORRIBLE. That said, does anybody know of a possible solution?

Is there a way to have the pedals moved AT ALL? Not sure what kind of mechanical feat this would be, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Alternatively, perhaps replacement pedals would be located differently simply because of their different size/shape, right?

Anyway, I love the car otherwise, so I really hope to find a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance to those with helpful advice.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I would say aftermarket pedals being altered to fit either higher or lower on the pedal, which ever you need, should fit what you are looking to do. I have never tried but its worth a shot. I would say that getting universal type pedals would be easier to work with then the actual pedals made to fit the fit. Thats my best idea. Good luck to you.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Retired Moderator
MAYBE Mugen pedals will help but i kinda doubt it. They are alittle bit diffrent in shape but no really diffrent in lacation. Plus they are crazy exspensive at 175$.

Tyler

Old 02-21-2008, 01:35 AM
I am about 6' 2" and size 14-15 shoe size and I got used to the Fit in like a couple days. I would dig it if I could stretch out my feet a little more but... I will live. I have looked around but I have not really noticed anything with regards to actual placement.....so.....idunno

I will keep looking though....

good luck on your searches/findings

Old 02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
Personally speaking here, I purchased some RAZO pedals (ONLY because the whole set was on sale for 70% off which came out to 16 dollars for a whole set) and the only thing I really like about them except the appearance is how much easier it is too heel toe. on the downside, the pedals are way too close together. Even stock, i feel that the pedals are fairly close, and you might actually have more of a problem with aftermarket pedals IMO.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree with the odd pedal placement. I'm only 5'5" and can't imagine how someone as tall as you could handle the pedals. The wheel is too far forward for your feet to have the right angle on the pedals imo. If I move the seat back far enough to be comfortable on the pedals, I'm stretching for the wheel. This isn't the case in my other "fleet" of cars, and hoping someone comes up with a solution. Looking at the pedals doesn't show much hope for adjustment down there. My Lotus pedals can be adjusted up, down, sideways, whatever you like and was hoping something here, but not likely. And I'm afraid of messing with the drivebywire accelerator.

One thing I found helpful was moving the seat far enough to get my feet comfortable, and then reducing the angle of the seatback. Though it's more upright than I'd like, my feet are happier and the wheel reach isn't bad. Kinda like driving a bus but it's an improvement.

For long drives, the cruise control will definitely be helpful.

Mark