General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Beep Beep Beep

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I use to be a big street racer years ago with my Mx-6. I stopped due to getting caught many times. Hehhe
Anytime I messed with a slower car I was always caught. Its almost like punishment. Why put the strain on your motor, why risk getting caught? To beat a slower car?

Kinda goes with what Sugarphreak said.

Anyone that street races weekly (use to be me) knows what goes down and the spots to do it at. Those spots risk only your life and the person youre racing. Its your/their choice.

The only thing that crosses me as retarded during street racing is in traffic. Weaving through traffic as Tyler said he was doing. Not pointing fingers because Ive done it many times. The race with the Focus I posted about was in traffic.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Tell em they have to handicap me; percentage compared on displacement. Example if they have 3 liters I get to halve my time compared to theirs. Shuts down most of em right away.
For the more intelligent I'll allow a percentage based on class records at local track, drag or road, and many take up the challenge but few win. Carrying the current records ought to be a dead giveaway.
One friend gets percentage based on gas mileage (EPA avg); he wins a lot too but not as often. Thats not a good safe bet.
If any moneys involved we both drop out. Fun's fun but thats serious.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
i've only been out on the road with my cf hood for a day now and i already got rev'd by a accord

Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
some lame subaru tried to race me today (first time i've gotten this in the fit).

i just had to laugh.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 AM
C_O
hmm three-beeped on the highway? i'd ask them for a long-distance race, "Farthest distance on one tank of gas win's it "

C_O

Old 02-18-2008, 06:07 PM
i see a lot of people on these forums are getting the kw supercharger.

do you guys think that with the supercharger you'll be able to handle races on the road better?

im' debating on whether the supercharger would even be worth it if i our car can't really step up to the plate when called out.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
laugh at them
+1 I don't condone street racing in any way, shape, or form. Keep it on the track. You should see the amount of stupidity the NSX causes from time to time. Some guy in a modded Nissan tried to show me up once by getting next to me then gunning it and leaving me in a cloud of dust in the NSX. What the same brain surgeon failed to notice was the motorcycle cop about 5 car lengths behind me on the left. Needless to say the lights came on and I cruised slowly by him laughing as the cop was writing his ticket.

Plus as far as I am concerned anyway, given enough time and money anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line drag, even a Yugo. Thats plain boring imo, id rather watch and participate in road courses where drivers have to turn both left and right, as well as brake.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I did really well for awhile with not getting messed with until i got my fitfreak.net decals. I put them on by backdoor windows and i guess that wasnt the greatest location cause i get reved on alot now. Mostly civics and tegs with exhaust and intake. I typically dont like to race but occasionally i get a bug and go for it. Funny story i raced a guy i work with in his mr2 cause he said it was fast and was bragging. I took him with only an intake and header for mods by about three car lengths.