General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Think im getting this new fit.. Hood gaps though!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Think im getting this new fit.. Hood gaps though!!

so i went to this this fit and it's my dream and my dad worked the price to 16,717 out the door with rubber floormats (Sport manual) but there are 2 things odd that i noticed. 1. The brakes went down all the way to the floor! The car sat in one place for 3 weeks because 3 weeks ago i asked them to take it out so i can see it. but when i noticed i tried pumping the brakes and it seemed to be better. 2. There is uneven gap on both sides of the hood! The right side has more then the left! Is this a defected car... or has it been hit?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Is it used?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
no, it's a brand new car! i really want it, and i think it's a really good price too.. but should i tell them to fix the hood and possibly the brakes if i get it? the gap isn't really big, but it isn't really small either

Old 02-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Of course! If its brand new just tell them to fix all that stuff before the car is bought. Highly inspect it before you drive away. Dings, scratches, everything.
Whats the miles on the car?

Id be more worried about the brake problem. However, if the car does have brake problems maybe on the PDI the car was wrecked? Could be the reason for the hood problem.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah just tell them to fix the problems, and say if they do you will buy it.
Good luck on the purchase bro, hope it works out for you.

Tyler

Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
If the brake pedal goes to the floor, than there is something wrong with the brake system even if the car sits for several months. Defective brakes is a safety issue, and you should not accept this car until the brakes are repaired. As for the hood gap, I never looked to see how the left and right sides of the hood match. New cars do occasionally get damaged in transit and I don't think that the dealer has to disclose that damage to the customer. If you are not happy with this car now when it's new, you will be even more disappointed later if you find other minor faults.
Go to New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site to find the dealer cost of the Fit to find out if the price you quoted is such a good deal. Remember that the dealer also gets a year end rebate from Honda which actually lowers their cost for the car and increases their profit. Honda dealers usually will not negotiate the car's retail price down to the invoice and accept the rebate as their profit like american car dealers. If they fix the hood, then you have a repaired car instead of a new car. Only you can decide if this is worth the trade off in price.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Do you REALLY want to get into a new car with all these known problems?

SERIOUSLY?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Thinking about this.... maybe there IS something wrong with the car. If theyre letting it go for a price your dad had to talk them into maybe theres a reason they went down? Did THEY show you the car or did you see it and your dad did the talking?

Try using another Fit at the same price they agreed on.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:21 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
this s a no brainer

get the quote your dad got on paper and take it to another dealership with non defective vehicles your asking for trouble.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah...something doesnt sound right...
The Fits body panels are far from great (I have noticed small discrepancies on panels even on my hood, small but noticiable) But I didnt raise and eyebrow, but it sounds as if you are... so would assume its less than acceptable alignment.

The brake thing sound very odd indeed....hmmmm (odd as in not good)

will they transfer the price to another Fit they have? (if they have one)
if not then you know the car has some sort of issues...Atleast thats what
I would think.

But all is not lost you can atleast get that price on paper and take it somewhere else (as someone noted ealier) as some good barganing power, its not a bad price OTD.

good luck and keep us posted (I thought you had finally go a Fit)

Old 02-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
why buy new if you notice problems on it? just go to another dealer
or ask the dealer to get you a different one. make sure you jot
down the VIN so that they dont bs you in giving you a repaired one.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Funny you mention that about the hood gap because I noticed that on mine as well. I tried adjusting the front rubber stopper but it's still the same. I look pretty close at a lot of the members pictures on here and have noticed it on their cars also.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
hummm...well, mine is straight.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
The gap between the hood and front bumper on my car seems a lot larger than everyone else. Also, there is a little bit of play when my hood is closed. I can push it down a little almost like when it is not fully locked, but it is. :shrug:

Old 02-11-2008, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
this will be one of the biggest investments you make, so make sure you are 100% happy with it.

there are plenty of other honda dealers that will work to make you happy if this one won't. don't just take it now just because they're giving you a bit of a deal, and i know how hard it is, but don't jump the gun on it because you're that excited about getting your fit.

there are plenty of other fits out there, and this one just seems fishy to me. good luck

Old 02-11-2008, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
i dunno, went to another dealer and decided it wasn't good either because the rear seat had a mystery stain.. This dealer (santa ana honda) seems very nice and they will probably be willing to fix the things i saw before i get it. I dunno if it makes any difference but when i went to see it, the battery was dead. So maybe the brakes just needed to be pumped? i dunno what im saying... oh and also i called about this specific color/model so no they didn't try selling it to me, i'll update tomorrow!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
i dunno, went to another dealer and decided it wasn't good either because the rear seat had a mystery stain.. This dealer (santa ana honda) seems very nice and they will probably be willing to fix the things i saw before i get it. I dunno if it makes any difference but when i went to see it, the battery was dead. So maybe the brakes just needed to be pumped? i dunno what im saying... oh and also i called about this specific color/model so no they didn't try selling it to me, i'll update tomorrow!
For a while I thought you were going to drive your sisters RSX or the BMW you were always talking bout. Good luck with your purchase and maybe you'll start going to the meets again huh?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
this will be one of the biggest investments you make
really? that's kinda sad. jk.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Take a look at my tidewater blue that is for sale, the brakes work fine and the hood fits!!

Last edited by GR8SHAG; 02-11-2008 at 01:00 PM.