General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

BAH the paint on this car is trash.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
BAH the paint on this car is trash.

that is all little scratches all over the place from god only knows what no dents or dings
just scratches
EVERYWHERE...
what a joke
im gunna spray paint this bitch primer black
thatl show em

Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
How many other cars have you owned? I'm just asking because it's amazing how many little scratches / scuffs / dings / whatever that cars collect.

It's one reason why I don't like metallic paint, because if you ever need to do a touchup, you CANNOT get it to look right.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Already? Where the hell do you park your car bro?
My car has one little tiny scratch on the rear bumper and ive owned it since July 07?? Any pics of the sctraches, that sounds kinda fishy. Unless your talking about swirl marks. Those are normal, but definetly not the same thing as scratches.

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008, 06:36 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
nah man

nah man not swirls there little scratches like i ran into a bush or something but i didnt thats the thing haha it looks like a little kid wrote on my car gah

Old 02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
maybe someone keyed your car but the paint is so good that it didnt leave big, long scratches. it just penetrated paint in sporadic spots in the path of your key.......hahaha jk. our paints suck. its a cheap car. whatever.probably gravel on the freeway. but PLEASE DO NOT BE THAT GUY WITH A BRAND NEW CAR THATS SPRAY PAINTED!!! just save your dollars and get a real paint job. k?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
i would advise you to start with the brillo pad. as in, stop washing your car with a brillo pad.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by s0x
nah man not swirls there little scratches like i ran into a bush or something but i didnt thats the thing haha it looks like a little kid wrote on my car gah
Yea im not trying to at all deny that the paint on this car is a joke. Man, i hate to think 5 years down the road?!? Just have to repaint the car i bet..

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
that is all little scratches all over the place from god only knows what no dents or dings
just scratches
EVERYWHERE...
what a joke
im gunna spray paint this bitch primer black
thatl show em
oh no! please don't primer it lol.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
That's funny, this is the best paint I've had on a car so far (other then my first '78 used car).

Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
you can't really expect the paint to be amazing...it is a 16k car. if you figure that cars like bentleys and maserati's get the best paint jobs...where does that leave us?

but a scratch is a scratch, and sometimes its the inflictor not the inflicted, that are to blame. even good paint will scratch if it was done deliberately.

now if you drove into a bush....i dunno what to tell you man!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kelmar
That's funny, this is the best paint I've had on a car so far (other then my first '78 used car).
haha thats sad...

as far as 5 years from now goes. if i still have this car it will prob get repainted like orange like the orange on the front page or maybe neon green haha ;P only time will tell

Old 02-06-2008, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
it's your keys hangin from your belt loop, brah. i couldn't count all the cars i heard you ding when we were walkin around eibachs. i cringed everytime, hoping none of the owners were nearby to put the beatdown on a mofo like that.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
it's your keys hangin from your belt loop, brah. i couldn't count all the cars i heard you ding when we were walkin around eibachs. i cringed everytime, hoping none of the owners were nearby to put the beatdown on a mofo like that.
haha unless my keys hit my lip kit somehow i doubt thats what it was lol and i didnt even notice it was happening. why wouldnt you say anything if i was scraping someones car??? the last thing id wanna do is eff up someones paint lol NEXT TIME SAY SOMETHING! DOOOO IT!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Wax your car...regularly

at this point it may be wise to go to a pro to get it cut and buffed

Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by sam21
Wax your car...regularly

I agree. By how you are detailing the paint problem, it's not something you're going to be able to buff out yourself - unless you have a air powered DA polisher and the know-how, I'd leave it to a pro.

And I recommend using a high quality wax. Personally, I use P21S, a concentrated carnauba wax (about $40 for a small 6oz container). I've also had good results with Zaino, a synthetic wax.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
Wax your car...regularly

haha i waxed it a week ago everytime i wash i wax =/ i take good care of my car the paint is crap regaurldess what i think ill do is when i have the money ill get it all buffed and sexy and get a clear bra installed like right after.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by s0x
haha i waxed it a week ago everytime i wash i wax =/ i take good care of my car the paint is crap regaurldess what i think ill do is when i have the money ill get it all buffed and sexy and get a clear bra installed like right after.
Clear bra isn't a bad idea, would definitely help against the sand and stone chips acquired from highway driving.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by grudkin
Clear bra isn't a bad idea, would definitely help against the sand and stone chips acquired from highway driving.
I thought about doing that when i got my windows tinted, which was the day after i bought my Fit. But when i kept getting quoted over 600$ i decided that wasnt happening!

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I did do the clear bra...on the sport it was well over $800 but I hate stone pits - not a mark on my front end whatsover and I live in the country where I occasionally have to do gravel roads.

Five years from now, I will peel it off and have a new paint job underneath!
(of course by the sounds of things I will have to have the rest of it painted before that........sigh)

Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
I'm not trying to knock you bro,but this may be the reason why there are so many scratches.It very may well be that you are mishandling your products and is causing more harm than good.

I remember when I used to have a black car,everytime I wax it,it looks worse than before because there are so many swirl marks.

I went to my buddy shop guy and asked him to show me the correct way,to this day I still cant replicate his work.Especially on dark cars.

Quick Reply: BAH the paint on this car is trash.