General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My fit got hit today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that man... from the look of it, it could of been worst but damn hopefully everything works out dude...

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain.

Mine was the 76 year old woman that sideswiped the Tundra in front of me and then decided to switch pedals, put the gas to the floor (instead of the brake) and ran a 0 - 20 right into me head on.

My Fit was drivable, but has been in the shop for 8 days, while her insurance company had to come out to take a second look. They're paying in full, so that's good, but they should...and they should cancel her policy. She shouldn't be on the road.

Meanwhile, I am burning a lot of gas running my Element 250 miles a day. I MISS MY FIT!!!!

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
wow hit in a few wrong spots. What a heartbreaker...she'll never be the same.
Puhleeeese...I hope you are joking.

It's not like he has any chance of a bent frame or anything. It totally sucks, but it is far from anything that will keep the car from being the same. That "will never be the same" BS is thrown around all too often.

My car was recently hammered a lot worse than his, head on no less, and it drove the same at 85 mph as it did before the wreck.

Any good body shop can perform their magic of getting just about any car back to better than showroom new.

I think George's Fit, like mine, will end up looking just as good as before the accident.

Old 02-05-2008 | 11:11 PM
tin
5 Year Member
I side swiped an old guy before when I was a new driver. But I was in an old rusty camry, and the old guy had an equally old and busted car. We both looked at the our cars, didn't see any damage (both cars were already old and busted) and went on our ways! LOL

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
On a positive note repainted side will have a much better paint job than factory side!

I live near by San Ramon Senior Center. Few weeks back going from opposite direction, I observed an old lady in Accord that was going less than 5 mph in the right lane almost curbing her tires in the process!
She was blocking the bike lane, too! Being an up hill section, it did not create any problems for a biker on a mountain bike to catch up to her, pass her and merge back in his bike lane in front of her! He pulled away easily doing about 15 mph! My wife and I were going for a walk at the time and almost dropped down on the sidewalk !!!
Hilarious!

Sorry to hear about another red sister getting battle scared! It is the best color after all!

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:44 AM
I feel your pain, man, somebody swiped my rear bumper and scratched it recently. I was pretty upset about it at first and realized it could be covered up easily. But I'm just sad that we have to go through the fact that we try to keep our cars in good shape then someone has to ruin it for us. I'm glad that you can remain optimistic about it becaus parts can be replaced. But sorry about the time you have to take out of your life and the inconvience that it adds. It's all a part of life that we have to face.

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Im sorry but, anyone past 75 just should NOT drive. They drive like s**t, ive never been behing an old old person who was driving like a normal person. They all drive slow and dont have good depth perception and do stupid stuff like this lol.
h bro.

Tyler
Be sure you remember that when you turn 75

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:58 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shudderbug
i dont think they should take old peoples licenses away, they should just give them a thorough driving evaluation.

but i close my eyes when im in the car with my grandma.

its just as unsafe driving too slow as it is driving too fast.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i dont think they should take old peoples licenses away, they should just give them a thorough driving evaluation.
I agree. If you can pass the test then you can drive. It is as simple as that.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez

but i close my eyes when im in the car with my grandma.

its just as unsafe driving too slow as it is driving too fast.
Well, I'm totally in favor of giving stricker driving test for all ages, including the elderly. I'm at that awkward age (long past puberty & rapidly approaching senility ) myself, but in my experience driving, elderly drivers are much more predictable than younger drivers.

While the 20ish drivers have much faster reflexes, they are much more likely to dart in and out of traffic, often drive too fast for conditions, and they have a much higher accident rate. The older driver's reflexes are not as quick, but their judgment is usually better, and they don't let their emotions rule their driving.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, and some elderly drivers do not deserve to be on the road. However, back in the day when I had a new 1965 Mustang 289 4 barrel 4 speed, and I was racing it almost every day 'cause I thought I was indestructible, I didn't deserve to be on the road either. Luckily, my driving did not result in anyone getting hurt or killed.

I've matured since then and I'm just glad I have a Fit now, because some potential accidents might be avoidable with the Fit's superior handling.

Long live the Fit Freak's

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:38 AM
sorry to see/hear what happened,
but all will be good enough soon enough (glad you were not hurt)right?

...that be some wacky damage though, was it his mirror that made the
dent in your right front "A" pillar?..

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
damn, i would be so pissed!!

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by shudderbug
By the time im 75, cars will drive them selves..Thats 59 years from now haha.

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I am sorry to hear that George. I can beat the guy up if you want me to.

Old 02-06-2008 | 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
OMG!!! DUDE I'M SORRY TO SEE THAT! AND HEAR THAT!!! ****ing old fhogie! They need to stop driving. Thats painful to see dude. And to know that I got backed into the other day. NOthing like this though. I hope you can get everything resolved and fixed soon.

Old 02-06-2008 | 02:31 PM
|
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
sorry to see/hear what happened,
but all will be good enough soon enough (glad you were not hurt)right?

...that be some wacky damage though, was it his mirror that made the
dent in your right front "A" pillar?..

haha yea it was his mirror, thought it was an odd damage also. The ony good thing was that the guy was a really nice old man, too bad he cant drive.

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
By the time im 75, cars will drive them selves..Thats 59 years from now haha.

Tyler
talk about deja vu. They said that 50 years ago .

Old 02-07-2008 | 12:14 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Old ppl should not drive Unless they get tested. Old ppl cause too many accident

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
wow that sux..how did he hit the pillar part..
yeah get it back to the hi honda paint factory quality

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by 07fitsport
wow that sux..how did he hit the pillar part..
yeah get it back to the hi honda paint factory quality
Look up ^^^ to post #36

Quick Reply: My fit got hit today!